Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ESQ
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by ESQ »

Sorry Blobbo, you're the only one emotionally invested in Ken Holland. He's just not very good, sorry.

Here's a pot-stirrer for the Dude - who's a worse GM, Holland or Gillis?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:30 pm Sorry Blobbo, you're the only one emotionally invested in Ken Holland. He's just not very good, sorry.

I’m emotionally invested. :lol: Yeah ok. I already clobbered the shit out of your theory that Detroit was a shittier drafting team than Vancouver over most of Holland’s tenure. Wasn’t it something like 4500 GP for Red Wings draftees to 2000 GP for Vancouver kids over a ten or twelve year period. That was the same thread where you said Corrado was equal to Tyler Bertuzzi. :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:39 pm
ESQ wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:30 pm Sorry Blobbo, you're the only one emotionally invested in Ken Holland. He's just not very good, sorry.

I’m emotionally invested. :lol: Yeah ok. I already clobbered the shit out of your theory that Detroit was a shittier drafting team than Vancouver over most of Holland’s tenure. Wasn’t it something like 4500 GP for Red Wings draftees to 2000 GP for Vancouver kids over a ten or twelve year period. That was the same thread where you said Corrado was equal to Tyler Bertuzzi. :lol:
Good on ya, Doyle, standing up for Holland when even Holland won't stand up for himself! I'm sure he's grateful for such a die hard fan!

Lol Tyler Bertuzzi saves a decade of shitty drafting! Nine points in November, playing almost 20 min a night, but that's all you have to come back with 😆

And does that 4500 gp number include the 1200 gp of shitty hockey from the 2010 draft, with the all stars Sheehan, Jarnkrok, Pulkinnen and Mrazek?

I suppose it can be said nobody drafted elite bottom-6/5-6 D like Kenny Holland, hopefully that satisfies super fan Blob.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Corrado is equal to Bertuzzi :lol: :lol: :lol:

4500 is equal to 2000. Keep the laughs coming!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Holland couldn’t do jack shit in rebuilding the Wings once Lidstrom retired. Quite awful in fact. Hard to pick who is worse - Holland or Gillis

Detroit is the worst team in the NHL. Thanks to Holland
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:34 am I had another messy shit in my tights. I’m finger painting the board again. Quite awful in fact. Hard to pick which is worse - Colt 45 and packaged burritos or Royal Red wine and McDonald’s.

It is the worst one in a while I’ll blame Holland
Fixed for accuracy
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://nypost.com/2019/11/30/sean-aver ... ed-me-too/
Apparently Bill Peters is not the only NHL coach who has kicked a player when behind the bench.

Who knew this was a thing?

“Marc Crawford kicked me once,” Sean Avery told The Post, before relaying details of the incident that took place during the 2006-07 season when they were together in Los Angeles.

My first instinct was to ask Avery: Only once and only Crawford? But instead I allowed Page Six Sean to tell the story.

“This was right after I [messed] up a drill and dumped the puck into the wrong corner, and it landed on Crow’s head and cut him for six [stitches],” Avery said. “He kicked me during a game.”

“Oh, so he kicked you during the next game because of the drill?” I naturally inquired.

“No, he kicked me after a too-many-men-on-the-ice call I took,” Avery said. “He didn’t have me serve it, we got scored on, and he let me have it.

“You know how I stand at the end of the bench? He came down and gave me an ass kick that left a mark.”
UPDATE:

https://twitter.com/NHLBlackhawks/statu ... 8267202562
Chicago Blackhawks
@NHLBlackhawks
1h1 hour ago

The Chicago Blackhawks will be conducting a thorough review of assistant coach Marc Crawford based on the recent allegations that have been made regarding his conduct with another organization.

94 replies278 retweets845 likes
Reply 94 Retweet 278 Like 845

Chicago Blackhawks
@NHLBlackhawks

Marc Crawford will be away from the team during this time and the organization will have no further comment until completion of the review.
#Blackhawks
4:45 PM - 2 Dec 2019
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

"I always wanted to fight cancer."
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:18 pm "I always wanted to fight cancer."
Refresh my memory, is that what Avery once said to Koivu when trying to goad him into a fight?

What's even more bizarre is that Avery ACTUALLY live-streamed himself kicking homeless people!

IT'S TRUE

Now he points the finger at Crow for giving him a good quick kick in the pants once upon a time? :eh:

None of these me-too guys coming out of the woodwork lately are exactly saints...

Aliu, the serial billet-host attacker... Avery the psycho... and now dirty old Chelios:

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nhl/new ... il50qssvf1
Chris Chelios says Mike Babcock was 'verbally assaulting' Detroit Red Wings' Johan Franzen

Chris Chelios — who played 26 seasons in the NHL — alleged on Barstool Sports' Spittin Chiclets podcast on Monday that Mike Babcock verbally assaulted former Red Wings forward Johan Franzen to the point that Franzen had a nervous breakdown.

"What [Babcock] did to him at the end, he was hurt at the time, it was the playoffs I think we lost to [the Nashville Predators], we got upset with Nashville. Some of the things [Babcock said to Franzen] on the bench, I don’t know what he said to him behind closed doors one-on-one, but he blatantly verbally assaulted him during the game on the bench.”

“It got to the point where poor Johan, no one really knowing he was suffering with the concussion thing and the depression thing, he just broke down and had a nervous breakdown," Chelios added. "Not only on the bench but after the game in one of the rooms in Nashville. That was probably the worst thing I’ve ever seen.”

The podcasters — Barstool Sports blogger Rear Admiral and former NHLers Ryan Whitney and Paul Bissonnette — said that Chelios reached out to them in the wake of Babcock's firing.
Hey Chelly, what kind of "assault" was THIS:

Self-righteous schmucks!! :lol: :twisted: :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

When Avery played for the Rags, pre game warmup vs the leaves, he said while goading Jason Blake, who was battling cancer, "I always wanted to fight cancer." Darcy Tucker went nuts. LOL
Last edited by Topper on Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Wow.

We are close to hockey disintegrating as we know it.

What is Chirping but a form of verbal assault??

Fighting will soon be A criminal offence, complete with police investigations.

Hard coaching will be character assault.

Fuck my life.

We love hockey because it's where guys who are MEN come to play like MEN. We have hockey so we don't have to have Wars.

And before you people or the SJW gets on me, I am not being sexist when I say men, I mean all peoplekind can play, but the NHL used to be a sport that people who were tough and skilled played a hard and fast contact sport. Guys who were pussies didn't play hockey because, well, they were fucking pussies. (And I love a good pussy. Those things are tough. They take a pounding!)

The point I am making is that people who are not even fans of the NHL are taking the toughness out of the game, and using social media to do it. If they don't like the game, they can watch soccer with the flops and dives because that's where this game is headed.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:32 pm When Avery played for the Rags, per game warmup vs the leaves, he say while goading Jason Blake, who was battling cancer, "I always wanted to fight cancer." Darcy Tucker went nuts. LOL
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

oops I mean... CANCEL THAT MAN! :look:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

What Peters did... he deserved to get fired. The rest of this shit is little more than a witch hunt.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I feel bad for Johan Franzen, the dude is and still is a mess, was suffering heavy bouts of depression from concussions.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:40 pm Wow.

We are close to hockey disintegrating as we know it.

What is Chirping but a form of verbal assault??

Fighting will soon be A criminal offence, complete with police investigations.

Hard coaching will be character assault.

Fuck my life.

We love hockey because it's where guys who are MEN come to play like MEN. We have hockey so we don't have to have Wars.

And before you people or the SJW gets on me, I am not being sexist when I say men, I mean all peoplekind can play, but the NHL used to be a sport that people who were tough and skilled played a hard and fast contact sport. Guys who were pussies didn't play hockey because, well, they were fucking pussies. (And I love a good pussy. Those things are tough. They take a pounding!)

The point I am making is that people who are not even fans of the NHL are taking the toughness out of the game, and using social media to do it. If they don't like the game, they can watch soccer with the flops and dives because that's where this game is headed.
The NHL, some ex-players, and especially the media, have opened up this can of worms and they can fucking well have at it. I'm done caring about this bullshit,anytime it comes on the TV or radio, i change the channel or mute it.
I will not let these fuckwits ruin my hockey enjoyment. Watch what & when i want & tune out the rest