Meanwhile, on the other side of the pond 2019/20

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Meanwhile, on the other side of the pond 2019/20

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I love the old hippies who are still hush hush with their marijuana. Dudes! It’s legal now. It’s not underground, wink wink nudge nudge anymore.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:12 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:56 am What with the vaping crap? Just honk on a chonger...why go all futuristic?
No smell .... no wrapping. Hargraves is like a Stealth.
Yeah... don’t come crying when your lungs shut down. :|
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Per wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:42 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:56 am What with the vaping crap? Just honk on a chonger...why go all futuristic?
Do you think smoking a joint is any better for my lungs Father Mulcahey? Pull your head out of your ass and start fighting for some air.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:21 pm
Do you think smoking a joint is any better for my lungs Father Mulcahey? Pull your head out of your ass and start fighting for some air.
There are dry herb vaporizers that are apparently better than the chemical soup shit in the liquid ones. Personally why not just yank on a doobie but only take shallow pulls? Or once you get that gagger in your fingers do you just have to pop on it til youre barfing?
If you need air...call it in
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:21 pm
Actually, yes.

There has been a number of deaths recently that are linked to vaping.
Any kind of smoking is bad for the lungs, naturally, but there’s all kinds of shit they put in those vape products, and no one really knows about how they affect the lungs when you inhale that shit. Except now people are dying. Even kids.

I’d say it’s safer (and smarter) to stick to the old ways.

Here’s an excerpt from an article on lung damage from vaping in the NY Times:
“All 17 of our cases show a pattern of injury in the lung that looks like a toxic chemical exposure, a toxic chemical fume exposure, or a chemical burn injury,” said Dr. Brandon T. Larsen, a surgical pathologist at the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz. “To be honest, they look like the kind of change you would expect to see in an unfortunate worker in an industrial accident where a big barrel of toxic chemicals spills, and that person is exposed to toxic fumes and there is a chemical burn in the airways.”

The injuries also look like those seen in people exposed to poisons like mustard gas, a chemical weapon used in World War I, he said.

The findings were published on Wednesday in The New England Journal of Medicine and involved samples from 13 men and four women whose ages ranged from 19 to 67. About 70 percent had a history of vaping marijuana or cannabis oils. Eleven were in Arizona, five in Minnesota and one in Florida.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/02/heal ... esses.html

This is what healthline.com has to say:
Lung injuries and deaths linked to the use of e-cigarettes, or vaping products, have continued to rise in recent weeks.

As of November 21, the CDCTrusted Source has confirmed 2,290 vaping related lung injury cases, with 47 deaths.

Cases have been reported in all states except Alaska, along with the District of Columbia and two U.S. territories. Deaths have been confirmed in 25 states and Washington D.C., with more being investigated.
https://www.healthline.com/health-news/ ... lled-evali

And if you don’t trust them, perhaps you could at least take a hint from the FDA:
At this time, FDA and CDC have not identified the cause or causes of the lung injuries in these cases, and the only commonality among all cases is that patients report the use of vaping products, including e-cigarettes. No one compound or ingredient has emerged as the cause of these illnesses to date; and it may be that there is more than one cause of this outbreak. We do know that THC is present in most of the samples tested to date, and most patients report a history of THC-containing products. The latest national and state findings suggest products containing THC, particularly those obtained off the street or from other informal sources (e.g. friends, family members, illicit dealers), are linked to most of the cases and play a major role in the outbreak.

As such, we recommend that you do not use e-cigarette or vaping products that contain THC. And since the specific cause or causes of lung injury are not yet known, the only way to assure that you are not at risk while the investigation continues is to consider refraining from use of all e-cigarette and vaping products. Adults addicted to nicotine using e-cigarettes should weigh all risks and benefits, and consider utilizing FDA-approved nicotine replacement therapies.
https://www.fda.gov/news-events/public- ... g-products

Yeah, I’d say it’s safer to roll a joint than exposing your lungs to that crap.

But hey - it’s your choice. :mex:
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

More on topic - Rögle lost 5-2 against Skellefteå, but at least Höglander scored a goal.
It’s at the 1.56 mark of this video:

https://www.shl.se/play/video/57951135? ... autoplay=1
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Hog is a beauty
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

A goal by Höglander Thursday night and an assist tonight.
He has a total of 8 points (6g 2a) in 18 games.

Not really Elias Pettersson figures, but he is still in fourth place among U20 players in the league.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:12 am The Hog is a beauty
He's got the swagger. Gawd knows he's got crazy skills. He's small but the kid might actually make the bigs and stick.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

micky107 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:38 pm
He's got the swagger. Gawd knows he's got crazy skills. He's small but the kid might actually make the bigs and stick.
He’s a tank like Stan Smyl, and gets in there, not afraid of muff diving rosie rottencrotch
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:16 pm
micky107 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:38 pm
He’s a tank like Stan Smyl, and gets in there, not afraid of muff diving rosie rottencrotch
We know you are scared of her
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

You probably have a few years. Willie Nelson stopped smoking the ganga, at eighty - fricking- five. Not a bad run for a set of lungs.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Tciso wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:26 am
You probably have a few years. Willie Nelson stopped smoking the ganga, at eighty - fricking- five. Not a bad run for a set of lungs.
But Willie is an Exception. For every single Set of 'Willie lungs' , there is a 1000 corpses in the ER...
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:34 pm
Tciso wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:26 am
But Willie is an Exception. For every single Set of 'Willie lungs' , there is a 1000 corpses in the ER...
And he probably wasn't vaping...
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Per wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:39 pm
And he probably wasn't vaping...
not very attractive, ick.
"evolution"