Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:11 am The Holland Wings, the team we currently see in the bowels of the NHL, are putrid beyond belief. Poor Stevie inherited a mess!
It is odd how that team decayed into what you see now. They had a long run of being a top team so werent drafting in the top 10 for like 20 years or something but still...to not hit on any later round picks is probably why hes in edmonton
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Holland getting all the glory 27 games into his rookie season with the Coil. Him acquiring McDavid and Draisaitl was nothing short of brilliance.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:15 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:11 am The Holland Wings, the team we currently see in the bowels of the NHL, are putrid beyond belief. Poor Stevie inherited a mess!
It is odd how that team decayed into what you see now. They had a long run of being a top team so werent drafting in the top 10 for like 20 years or something but still...to not hit on any later round picks is probably why hes in edmonton
The Wings have been rebuilding around the same time Benning arrived here. Lidstrom retired in 2012, in 2012 Datsyuk was 34, Zetterberg 32.
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:17 am Holland getting all the glory 27 games into his rookie season with the Coil. Him acquiring McDavid and Draisaitl was nothing short of brilliance.
So you're a Chiarelli fan then?

Hollands best move had been to settle down the circus and hire the coach. Its been a good start.
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:20 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:17 am Holland getting all the glory 27 games into his rookie season with the Coil. Him acquiring McDavid and Draisaitl was nothing short of brilliance.
So you're a Chiarelli fan then?
No. The Oil won the McDavid lottery moving up 3 spots in the order. Draisaitl, was there before he arrived in Edmonton
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

He doesn’t understand that. Teams go through peaks and valleys.... ebbs and flows
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I see Blobbee’s Boi Nicolas Hague was sent packing to the AHL a few weeks ago
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:27 am
He doesn’t understand that. Teams go through peaks and valleys.... ebbs and flows
Your Great Holland has been rebuilding the last 6 years, the results? Worst in the league now, 8 losses in a row
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I didn’t say he was great. I just get a kick of out of a miserable angry mid 50s guy who hates a random GM for no particular reason. Carry on, these drunken ragefests are good humour. :lol:
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Pierre LeBrun
Hearing that the Devils have started to listen from teams on Taylor Hall. Doesn't mean they will for sure trade him but given their place in the standings and the magnitude of a potential deal, GM Ray Shero is now in listening mode...
9:34 AM · Nov 30, 2019
9:15 AM · Nov 30, 2019
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

What would they get for Hall? A late 1st and a top prospect. They have to trade him though. He’s 28 and he’s already been dinged up a bit. He will want 10 million + on a seven year deal. Stay the fuck away. Good player but there’s way too many hard miles on that odometer already.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:26 am
Strangelove wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:47 pm
micky107 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:15 am Flames relieve coach Bill Peters of duties after allegations by Akim Aliu

Bill Peters resigns as Flames head coach after allegations by Akim Aliu

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/fla ... akim-aliu/
Fixed.

:scowl:
fyi that "WAS" the very first report this yesterday morning, Rose Bud. :roll:
I wrote what the report / Sportsnet link / said at the time. They updated the link I posted, I made no mistake.
I have too now, updated it.

( obnoxiously effervescent) ;)
Yeah well what took you so long. :scowl:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:24 am
Cherry Picker wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:18 am Hayes signing is nuts for a third line centre....and people bitch about the Sutter contract???
Hayes is a second line player and a fair bit better than Sutter.

But yeah that’s a bit rich for my blood for that player.
:)
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:31 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:27 am
Your Great Holland has been rebuilding the last 6 years, the results? Worst in the league now, 8 losses in a row
Even Holland knows it - he admits his only star draft picks were flukes, and he gives Chiarelli credit for the current success.

Blob, your thoughts?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Whatever helps you sleep at night man. I think it’s hilarious that a handful of posters are so enraged at something Holland has done over the years. Keep on keepin on Chief. :lol: