Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by BigTuna »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Topps I was just pointing out what an ass ramming Brian Burke received from Peter Chiarelli. I am not a huge fan of the move to deal Seguin to Dallas for Errikson, Smith and Fraser myself.

Hamilton will be a top pairing D man. The leaves got hosed in that deal . They could have had Hall/Seguin and Hamilton. Instead they gave the picks away for Phyllis Kessel. The dude has a boiler and yellow teeth.
21 year-old future superstar. Only Giroux has more points the past 3 seasons. What an "Ass Ramming". Kessel=Underrated.

If Kessel played on any other team Canuck fans would be calling him an elite star. Stats don't lie..
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

:but: :but: :but:

Not doubting the skill-set and scoring ability of Kessel. He's a terrific talent.

Is he an 8 year 8 million dollar player? noidontthinksono.

Is Dion a 7 year 7 million dollar captain? :oops:

These are the top two offensive weapons on the club, making a combined 15 million. Fine.

They are also the go to members of a meager leadership core. :bang:

Therein lies the root of the teams' problem.

:drink:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

BigTuna wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Topps I was just pointing out what an ass ramming Brian Burke received from Peter Chiarelli. I am not a huge fan of the move to deal Seguin to Dallas for Errikson, Smith and Fraser myself.

Hamilton will be a top pairing D man. The leaves got hosed in that deal . They could have had Hall/Seguin and Hamilton. Instead they gave the picks away for Phyllis Kessel. The dude has a boiler and yellow teeth.
21 year-old future superstar. Only Giroux has more points the past 3 seasons. What an "Ass Ramming". Kessel=Underrated.

If Kessel played on any other team Canuck fans would be calling him an elite star. Stats don't lie..
Kessel will be 27 to start the season. He is a good player for sure. A top 10- 15 forward in the NHL. Hamilton is 21 and Seguin is 22. Seguin is as good an offensive player as Yellow Teeth and he is 5 years younger. Toronto has gotten some great hockey out of Kessel but they will miss out on guys who havent even hit their prime yet.

Kessel will start trending downwards in a couple of years while these guys will just be coming into their own. I guess if you consider one playoff series appearance over the 7- 10 years Kessel will play in Toronto as a rousing success, then Toronto did ok in the trade. If you want to look at it objectively with an eye on the teams future you would say Brain Burke got raped, then pissed on , and afterwards Chiarelli took a dump on his chest.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

BladesofSteel wrote::but: :but: :but:

Not doubting the skill-set and scoring ability of Kessel. He's a terrific talent.

Is he an 8 year 8 million dollar player? noidontthinksono.

Is Dion a 7 year 7 million dollar captain? :oops:

These are the top two offensive weapons on the club, making a combined 15 million. Fine.

They are also the go to members of a meager leadership core. :bang:

Therein lies the root of the teams' problem.

:drink:
How is Kessel not worth 8 million per in 2014'? His stats are too good to make less. Rick Nash makes the same.

Now that the stars are going to be making 10+ million, Kessel's deal is looking really good.

How much do YOU think he should make then?
Last edited by BigTuna on Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
BigTuna wrote:

Kessel will be 27 to start the season. He is a good player for sure. A top 10- 15 forward in the NHL. Hamilton is 21 and Seguin is 22. Seguin is as good an offensive player as Yellow Teeth and he is 5 years younger. Toronto has gotten some great hockey out of Kessel but they will miss out on guys who havent even hit their prime yet.

Kessel will start trending downwards in a couple of years while these guys will just be coming into their own. I guess if you consider one playoff series appearance over the 7- 10 years Kessel will play in Toronto as a rousing success, then Toronto did ok in the trade. If you want to look at it objectively with an eye on the teams future you would say Brain Burke got raped, then pissed on , and afterwards Chiarelli took a dump on his chest.
Kessel hasn't missed a game in years. He doesn't play physical. Don't expect a Mike Richards situation once he hits 29. The guy can be very good for another 7-10 years.

And what about Boston? Slowest team in the NHL. Chara dropped-off a lot last season and will continue to do so. Why did they trade Seguin? The "Seguin Trade" is on Boston now.

The "Eye on the Future" comment is funny. Burke acquired a 21 year-old top 5 draft pick who was already established. Chiarelli traded a 21 year-old #2 overall pick who was already established.

You guys can try so hard to kiss Chia's ass. The fact is he traded Tyler Seguin at age 21.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

If all you care about is stats and good health, than perfect. If you expect your top paid players to also lead a team to success, than your Leaf's are destined for (continued) failure.

Comparing Kessel with Rick Nash is a good example, I'll give you that. Nash is another over-payed star who couldn't lead a kindergarten line out of a fire drill.

You can't build a winning franchise without leadership, and the aforementioned severely lack said attributes.

leaves core = losers.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Tuna you are embarassing yourself. Brain Burke gave up two franchise cornerstones for one. The two guys he gave up are 5 and 6 years younger than One Ball Yellow Teeth. It's a bad trade and only a fucking idiot would defend it. Cuffing you around is almost as fun as beating on Betapus and the Pauser.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote: Image

whoever that guy is in the laughs jersey, it looks like he ate Phil Kessel...
Truth dude, twas a Moronto Mayer Rob Ford photoshop.

But THESE are the real deal:

viewtopic.php?p=211288#p211288

Phat Phil just doesn't give a phlying phuck anymore!
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Tuna you are embarassing yourself. Brain Burke gave up two franchise cornerstones for one. The two guys he gave up are 5 and 6 years younger than One Ball Yellow Teeth. It's a bad trade and only a fucking idiot would defend it. Cuffing you around is almost as fun as beating on Betapus and the Pauser.
Makes one wonder how things would have gone for phat Phil if he had not been traded to the laughs...they got rid of Seguin because he wasn't Bruin material in the playoffs... I guess Tuna is gonna point to the stats but Kessell doesn't seem like a hard nosed mofo playoff stud much
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Tuna you are embarassing yourself. Brain Burke gave up two franchise cornerstones for one. The two guys he gave up are 5 and 6 years younger than One Ball Yellow Teeth. It's a bad trade and only a fucking idiot would defend it. Cuffing you around is almost as fun as beating on Betapus and the Pauser.
Aren't you jumping ahead a bit to call Hamilton a "Franchise Cornerstone"? Would you call Morgan Rielly that?

I remember when Jared Knight alone was going to be better than Phil Kessel.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

ukcanuck wrote:
Makes one wonder how things would have gone for phat Phil if he had not been traded to the laughs...they got rid of Seguin because he wasn't Bruin material in the playoffs... I guess Tuna is gonna point to the stats but Kessell doesn't seem like a hard nosed mofo playoff stud much
Kessel has been terrific in the playoffs. 13 goals, 21 points in 22 games.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

BigTuna wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:
When he has got to the playoffs... 22 playoff games in 14 years is the ugly side of that stat. A superstar would have more playoff appearances than that and/or the bruins might have kept him.

Don't get me wrong bro ain't saying he ain't a player tho..
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

ukcanuck wrote:
BigTuna wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:
When he has got to the playoffs... 22 playoff games in 14 years is the ugly side of that stat. A superstar would have more playoff appearances than that and/or the bruins might have kept him.

He's played 8 years, not 14. And the Bruins were making the playoff with him every year.

The NHL isn't the NBA. You need more than 1 star to win.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

BigTuna wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:
BigTuna wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:

He's played 8 years, not 14. And the Bruins were making the playoff with him every year.

The NHL isn't the NBA. You need more than 1 star to win.
According to
his career stats go back to 2001 that's a long stretch with out many playoff games in any league....

But you're a fan so I'm not gonna try to convince you to hard

As far the NBA goes, I have no clue...except that we aren't talking about winning a Stanley cup with only one superstar, I'm talking about making the playoffs more than. 3 times in a career..

That's Mike Gartner territory
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

So we're counting his playoff stats from when he was 13? LOL. Seriously? This is a first.