Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Chef Boi RD »

McCanncer is like your Anson Carters. Whatevs
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:01 pm McCanncer is like your Anson Carters. Whatevs
Sore
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:19 pm Jared McCann with 16 points in his first 22 games.

On pace for 30 goals and 50+ points. He’s a couple months older than Adam Gaudette.

I guess he farted in the dressing room when Henrik lumbered by... unsure but he was not loved by the twins. Virtanen and Hutton either apparently.
I liked McSakic and I think he was young and immature when we had him, much like Jake. I'm surprised Jake went after him tonite, I thought they were good buds. *LOL*

I think I'd take Hockey Gaud over him though. McCann has the benefit of playing in the league for a few years, practicing with NHL stars (ie: Sedins, Sid, Malkin, etc) and working with professional training staff, whereas Gaudette only has 1 year under his belt. McCann looks more skilled and better on his skates, but I think Gaud will play a better 2-way/200 ft game. Give Gaudette a couple years in the NHL to show what he can do with some experience under his belt.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:11 pm Mickey, he’s fast, skilled, slippery, great with a puck, head on a swivel, competitive, high IQ, not afraid of the tough areas. He’s no different than any of the other skilled slight players in the NHL who are enjoying great success at will.
Maybe Tyler Madden will be the next Brad Marchand. :P
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:50 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:11 pm Mickey, he’s fast, skilled, slippery, great with a puck, head on a swivel, competitive, high IQ, not afraid of the tough areas. He’s no different than any of the other skilled slight players in the NHL who are enjoying great success at will.
Maybe Tyler Madden will be the next Brad Marchand. :P
I like it!!! Just put on a little Image and we're good to go. ;)
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Demko has been merely human the past few and I believe it is a good peak at why we need Marky to sign an extension. This is no slight against TD...he has been very impressive this year.
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:48 pm Demko has been merely human the past few and I believe it is a good peak at why we need Marky to sign an extension. This is no slight against TD...he has been very impressive this year.
Jim knows, and he will, I'm sure. Just a matter of what goes in the recycling bin and what goes in the trash. Wheels are already turning.
The bread will be on the table when it needs to.
That being said, it's up to Marky to accept a good offer.

Demko, generally, has looked like a bona fide NHL goalie. Last night was a perfect storm. He had an off game and was left out to dry.
"evolution"
Raile
MVP
MVP

Post by Raile »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:48 pm Demko has been merely human the past few and I believe it is a good peak at why we need Marky to sign an extension. This is no slight against TD...he has been very impressive this year.
So you keep Marky over Demko?

I doubt Marky signs for 1 year.. why would he? And then I think you have to trade Demko this summer.. I wouldn't want to leave it till just before the expansion. You run the risk no one will want to take him on and then have to protect him.

Maybe make a trade with Seattle so ensure they don't take one of our goalies, but using last expansion as an example, that would probably mean giving up a pretty nice sweetener.

I don't have an answer myself.. just saying it's not as easy as saying we gotta sign Marky.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

By Daniel Gee Nov 27, 2019, 12:00pm PST
Canuck prospects for the week
Excellent Job! enjoy... https://www.nucksmisconduct.com/2019/11 ... -last-week
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Raile wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:15 pm
So you keep Marky over Demko?

I doubt Marky signs for 1 year.. why would he? And then I think you have to trade Demko this summer.. I wouldn't want to leave it till just before the expansion. You run the risk no one will want to take him on and then have to protect him.

Maybe make a trade with Seattle so ensure they don't take one of our goalies, but using last expansion as an example, that would probably mean giving up a pretty nice sweetener.

I don't have an answer myself.. just saying it's not as easy as saying we gotta sign Marky.
Marky goes UFA this July and I personally dont think Demko is quite ready to play 60-70 a year. JM is still the better goalie (for now)...that likely changes in 2-3 years but right now I hang onto him. Theres still another season til expansion isnt there?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:22 pm Marky goes UFA this July and I personally dont think Demko is quite ready to play 60-70 a year. JM is still the better goalie (for now)...that likely changes in 2-3 years but right now I hang onto him. Theres still another season til expansion isnt there?
So sign him to a 4-year deal (he's gonna want at least 4) and expose him to Seattle in 2021?

Try to trade him before the X-draft to a team that would protect him?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:26 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:22 pm Marky goes UFA this July and I personally dont think Demko is quite ready to play 60-70 a year. JM is still the better goalie (for now)...that likely changes in 2-3 years but right now I hang onto him. Theres still another season til expansion isnt there?
So sign him to a 4-year deal (he's gonna want at least 4) and expose him to Seattle in 2021?

Try to trade him before the X-draft to a team that would protect him?
I can see the seagulls taking him and both teams end up happy. 4 year deal sounds about right

Trading would be a better option but goaltenders value is always the issue. What other goalies will be as good as Marky (and available)for the expansion team to take ahead of him? Sounds like a good way to clear cap space when we will need it the most
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:28 pm I can see the seagulls taking him and both teams end up happy. 4 year deal sounds about right

Trading would be a better option but goaltenders value is always the issue. What other goalies will be as good as Marky (and available)for the expansion team to take ahead of him? Sounds like a good way to clear cap space when we will need it the most
Yeah, we're going to lose a good player to the X-draft anyway, might as well be Marky.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Raile
MVP
MVP

Post by Raile »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:33 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:28 pm I can see the seagulls taking him and both teams end up happy. 4 year deal sounds about right

Yeah, we're going to lose a good player to the X-draft anyway, might as well be Marky.
If he's willing to sign a deal without any protection from the expansion, then yeah, that sounds as good a plan as I've heard. I think I would be surprised if he did this though. I guess it depends on what the market is for him as a UFA.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Raile wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:38 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:33 pm

If he's willing to sign a deal without any protection from the expansion, then yeah, that sounds as good a plan as I've heard. I think I would be surprised if he did this though. I guess it depends on what the market is for him as a UFA.
I think Jimmy can get him to agree to dat dere.
____
Try to focus on someday.