Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Mickey107 »

Well, I'm gonna say what I think as bad as it may sound. Bo Horvat is in a mental slump. Yes I do think a large part of it is "The C".
It's a completely different on-ice role and even more so in "the room".

It's going to take time. Maybe six months or even this season. Fortunately the press is backing off a wee bit and turning to Miller once
in a while. What Henrik did for all those years, (including the more recent shit ones), is freaking hard, "and" Danny could step in with the
press once in a while.

Giving the pep talks in the room before games when your own game isn't at it's best just compounds the situation, IMO.

But we know Bo Horvat. He is dogged, tenacious. Even through the Willie days right up to very recently, he has had the ability to
drive the play. Right to the net for a goal, often!

Not to put too fine a point on it but recently married too. Hey, it's a big change even if it isn't.

Then there's Travis and I will leave it right there.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Its not rocket appliances Mick...hes being played waaaay too many minutes.

If he was playing around 17 minutes a game instead of this ridiculous 24-25+ he would have some energy left.

Fix his minutes and watch his game return
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:13 pm Its not rocket appliances Mick...hes being played waaaay too many minutes.

If he was playing around 17 minutes a game instead of this ridiculous 24-25+ he would have some energy left.

There's more to it than that. The extra face-offs may take there toll a bit. ;)

http://www.espn.com/nhl/statistics/play ... fied/false
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

micky107 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:17 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:13 pm Its not rocket appliances Mick...hes being played waaaay too many minutes.

17 minutes of non-stop faceoffs would still see Bo fresher than what we are seeing.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Brown Lizzy is correct. Meat puppets like the Chef and his cronies can’t figure out why Horvat isn’t producing enough but they are too thick to look at his usage. Green seems determined to run both Horvat and Edler into the ground.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:34 pm Brown Lizzy is correct. Meat puppets like the Chef and his cronies can’t figure out why Horvat isn’t producing enough but they are too thick to look at his usage. Green seems determined to run both Horvat and Edler into the ground.
Hes been a guy who wears down as the season progresses already...odd the team would lean on him this hard so early when they have a more than capable fill in center in Miller.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:24 pm

17 minutes of non-stop faceoffs would still see Bo fresher than what we are seeing.
Wont deny that. Doesn't take the validity out of my statement though. (have a nice day) Kidding! Remember that? F**k I hated that.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Interestingly though, Bo's faceoffs-per-game is down ~ 13% from last year.

Agreed Wizzie, Bo has been averaging close to 24 minutes per game since Sutter went down = too much.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:34 pm Brown Lizzy is correct. Meat puppets like the Chef and his cronies can’t figure out why Horvat isn’t producing enough but they are too thick to look at his usage. Green seems determined to run both Horvat and Edler into the ground.
Bo is producing as well as he ever has, the Chef was talking about his defensive game in this string.

I think everyone agrees both Horvat and Edler are being overused...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:42 pm

Wont deny that. Doesn't take the validity out of my statement though. (have a nice day) Kidding! Remember that? F**k I hated that.
So you're saying weight of the C, marriage, too many minutes, too many faceoffs...

Are there any other factors you'd like to throw in there? :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doc, does Blobbee remind you of an old stubby beer bottle from the 70’s? No neck like Mick McGeough, still thinking its 1970’s Rockem Sockem
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:32 pm Doc, does Blobbee remind you of an old stubby beer bottle from the 70’s? No neck like Mick McGeough, still thinking its 1970’s Rockem Sockem
:lol:

I envision him as the spitting image of Kenny Powers
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:17 pm
micky107 wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:42 pm

So you're saying weight of the C, marriage, too many minutes, too many faceoffs...

Are there any other factors you'd like to throw in there? :D
Green. But I said I'd leave it there. But since I've been asked directly, There actually are things Trav could do to ease the workload.
I actually didn't say too many or too much. I said may take their toll a bit.
Sutter only played 29 games last year. We've gone thru Granlunds and Gagnes etc Green is so dependent on Bo now it's nuts, IMO.
Miller can take more. Gaudette needs to be trusted more. Petey can and should take more, he can do it.
There are other things involved here than face-off fatigue in regards to his drop off in point production.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:33 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:32 pm Doc, does Blobbee remind you of an old stubby beer bottle from the 70’s? No neck like Mick McGeough, still thinking its 1970’s Rockem Sockem
:lol:

I envision him as the spitting image of Kenny Powers
Tom Hanks, Mick McGeough, Kenny Powers and Blobbee Doyle’s are like the Brothers Four
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Someone’s into the booze already :?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”