TV Shows: What are you watching?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Per
MVP
MVP

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Post by Per »

A column in the culture section of the Swedish leading newspaper Dagens Nyheter:
For a long time ”Fleabag” was the best British tragicomic drama on TV, but last week reporting on Brexit surpassed it.

The misconstrued British independence project has been comical from the start, but it is admirable with what speed it has accelerated into pure surrealism.

WIth a prime minister who refers to his opponent as a chlorinated chicken. With the closest advisor of the prime minister being mistaken for a yelling drunk tourist by other members of parliament. With the prime minister’s brother resigning from the post of minister of education, in order to spend less time with his family. With a leader of the house of commons half sleeping through debates stretched out over an entire bench. With MPs saying they’d rather boil their head than hand the decision right to the opposition.

All in just one week! And now the only way out of the gridlock could be for the Prime Minister to initiate a vote of no confidence against himself; a vote he might actually have a shot at winning.

Since culture never really can compete with reality I hope for many more seasons of this drama. I’m keeping my fingers crossed the brexit process will be extended again. And again. And again. Et cetera in absurdum.
The guy has a point! It really is hilarious. :lol:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Per needs an intervention. Hes become completely obsessed with british politics...

Are you watching the british parliament channel and everything?
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Obsessed with what he has no control over.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Topper wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:22 am Obsessed with what he has no control over.
Like any other hockey fan! :lol:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

The King on netflix is a pretty good movie.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

OK, the world of streaming has arrived. I only have Netflix right now, but now I guess it’s time to add another, trying decide on which one to describe to next - Disney Plus, Amazon Prime or Apple TV. Which of these are you cats liking? Kinda want Apple TV right now because of M Night Shyamylin’s The Servant. What says you?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I've got Netflix, HBO and Prime, and there's enough there I can't watch enough to keep up

Prime is decent, but Netflix is still#1
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cornuck wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:47 pm I've got Netflix, HBO and Prime, and there's enough there I can't watch enough to keep up

What shows you like on Prime?

It’s going to get crazy. A client of mine who is high up in the film industry says a whole bunch more streaming services are coming.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:55 pm
Cornuck wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:47 pm I've got Netflix, HBO and Prime, and there's enough there I can't watch enough to keep up

It’s going to get crazy. A client of mine who is high up in the film industry says a whole bunch more streaming services are coming.
Every network is getting one. Peacock is the NBC one and theyre taking the show i have on infinite loop on netflix...The Office. Funniest tv show I've ever seen...like 15 times over now
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

does anyone have the sportsnet stream? wondering if local blackouts still apply
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

dangler wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:24 pm does anyone have the sportsnet stream? wondering if local blackouts still apply
It gives you the local network access only. Living in Berta they blocked the nucks but the coil and lames were on....so i had to just buck up for center ice
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

On prime a lot of movies, but "the marvelous Mrs maisel" is one of the best comedies in a long, long time. Jack Ryan was good, but I haven't had time to watch season 2.

The fire stick has a few others like IMDb, which has free movies.

HBO has a ton, watching Watchmen right now.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:22 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:55 pm

Every network is getting one. Peacock is the NBC one and theyre taking the show i have on infinite loop on netflix...The Office. Funniest tv show I've ever seen...like 15 times over now
Apparently a whole bunch more are coming down the pipe. And Netflix is going to lose a lot of shows they don’t own which is why all these streaming companies are producing “originals” throwing huge money in production losing hand over fist to capture a portion of the market. They say each household will only be able to afford a half dozen streaming serviced at at a time if that. So it’s a mad rush for these streaming services to capture a market. I heard Facebook is getting in the game, interesting times. I think I will subscribe to Apple TV, Disney plus and Amazon Prime and see how that goes.

Cable and cinema is dying
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Ray Donovan
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

The Irishman is worthy of the 3 and a half hour investment. First movie I've seen with Joe Peschi where he isnt annoying