Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:16 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:15 am “Elite bottom six” :lol:
That's why I put it in quotes! Lol
Touché ....it is a solid bottom six. Reminds me of FAN who used to call Matt Cocke an elite 3rd liner.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

micky107 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:18 pm
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:07 am
I only wish Leivo had more of a mean streak in him (ie: like our old buddy Kassassian). If we can resign him on the cheap, I would mind something like $2M for 2 yrs.
He's starting to grow on me. He's been really good the last couple. He is an elite bottom six just like Sutter. (thanks Doyle)
Leivo is finally making better decisions with and without the puck and is remarkable considering he's been around a spell.
I attribute some of the better positional play by a few Canucks to watching how TJ Miller plays. He's isn't perfect or a superstar but the guy
makes smart choices most of the time.

Sutter has had a real good start and he was partly responsible for our great October. We need that for at least (I'll cut him a break), 65-70, games.
And of course>>>full tilt in the playoffs.
Leivo plays like a scoring forward but doesn't score. (by that i mean lots of mistakes which would be overlooked if he was producing)
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:18 pm
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:07 am
I only wish Leivo had more of a mean streak in him (ie: like our old buddy Kassassian). If we can resign him on the cheap, I would mind something like $2M for 2 yrs.
He's starting to grow on me.
Oh Em Gee you two are just sick...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Taken me a while to accept Josh but he might be the type that can help in the playoofs.
I suppose some would say too soon but I'm goin out on a limb here say Jimmie won that trade] I think the book will be concluded shortly.
"evolution"
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:19 pm
ESQ wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:16 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:15 am “Elite bottom six” :lol:
That's why I put it in quotes! Lol
Touché ....it is a solid bottom six. Reminds me of FAN who used to call Matt Cocke an elite 3rd liner.
Wasn't that quote in your signature line for a few years?

It's undoubtedly the most expensive bottom-six, so hopefully once we see them all healthy it is elite!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:57 pm
Taken me a while to accept Josh but he might be the type that can help in the playoofs.
I suppose some would say too soon but I'm goin out on a limb here say Jimmie won that trade] I think the book will be concluded shortly.
Playoofs maybe, playoffs no.

Yes, everyone knows Jimmy won the trade.

Now let's flip Leivo for a 4th and win that trade as well. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:23 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:09 am Messier could at least play AND the failure only lasted half of the ordeal we are currently enjoying.

That said Lou-zer isnt the same calibre of dooshbag that the great mark messier is
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

One thing I like about Rutherford is he's not afraid to make little trades to try to find a fit, he's had some busts, but will try to trade players after a mistake. like hagelin for pearson, pearson for guddy, and then guddy for an ahler + 7th.

But these little moves are paying dividends.
Olli Maatta for Kahun+5th, Kahun is playing pretty decent and he scored vs us ha, it's what the Canucks could use is a younger top 6 scoring guy to help out.

Sprong for dman M. Pettersson whose playing 2nd pairing minutes, while Sprong got waivers to the AHL.

I see Stecher being our Maatta but what forward is available? I could see Virtanen being moved a bigger Stecher.

That's what Rutherford would do if he was here and then trade Sutter again lol.

Probably move goldy and barto for another teams struggling players, little moves here and there, could move Leivo if both Ferland and Roussel, Schaller are healthy.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

SKYO wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:04 pm.

Probably move goldy and barto for another teams struggling players, little moves here and there, could move Leivo if both Ferland and Roussel, Schaller are healthy.
As the season goes on the tougher the games get. Having size all through the forward lines will greatly reduce the fatigue that i think we are seeing in the canucks game right now.

I hang onto Leivo for some perplexing reason. I think its he can be a factor down low when hes using his size. He is an economical skater as well so has some energy later in shifts still. This is a 180 for me as I've been waving the guy away til now.

I strongly believe they need to remove Eriksson from.the group now send him down permanent like. Accept the lesson and move on
If you need air...call it in
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

SKYO wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:04 pm One thing I like about Rutherford is he's not afraid to make little trades to try to find a fit, he's had some busts, but will try to trade players after a mistake. like hagelin for pearson, pearson for guddy, and then guddy for an ahler + 7th.

Olli Maatta for Kahun+5th, Kahun is playing pretty decent and he scored vs us ha, it's what the Canucks could use is a younger top 6 scoring guy to help out.

Sprong for dman M. Pettersson whose playing 2nd pairing minutes, while Sprong got waivers to the AHL.

I see Stecher being our Maatta but what forward is available? I could see Virtanen being moved a bigger Stecher.

They are what they are - younger placeholders until they prove otherwise. Trade them for picks when the Utica graduates are ready.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:30 pm
As the season goes on the tougher the games get. Having size all through the forward lines will greatly reduce the fatigue that i think we are seeing in the canucks game right now.
We are BIG >> https://theathletic.com/1273379/2019/10 ... tionality/ :cry: Yes, it includes everyone. We are not the heaviest but up there.
We knew November would suck and I don't think Green has managed the ice-time as well as he could have.
Sutter will help if he sticks around, Motte will help a smidge but I hope not at the cost of Gaudette going back to Utica. His game is evolving
in to NHL level. He's driving to the net and starting to throw bigger hits. Ferland will be of great help if he can be Ferland at full tilt. Roussel, for sure.
I don't think we should trade Jake right now. Does good things, just wish he'd do them more but he's a shit and we need that element. Passes well
and can drive to the net real well. I get the airhead two minute penalties stink.
Greens not backed off on the line drills on this road trip..........................much.

If the link is blocked we are #1 in height. #12 in weight and #16 in age.(bye Louis)
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lancer wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:05 pm
SKYO wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:04 pm One thing I like about Rutherford is he's not afraid to make little trades to try to find a fit, he's had some busts, but will try to trade players after a mistake. like hagelin for pearson, pearson for guddy, and then guddy for an ahler + 7th.

They are what they are - younger placeholders until they prove otherwise. Trade them for picks when the Utica graduates are ready.
He needs a trade. Just like the Chef and Rosie Rottencrotch need a fistfull of blow. He takes two days off a year. Trade Deadline day and July 1st.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:30 pm
I hang onto Leivo for some perplexing reason. I think its he can be a factor down low when hes using his size. He is an economical skater as well so has some energy later in shifts still. This is a 180 for me as I've been waving the guy away til now.
That's what i like about Leivo too,retrieves the puck well on the dump ins,good skater,lots of energy.If only his passes & shots were a little more accurate :roll:
I doubt we see any trades until the TDD and with the injured bodies returning there isn't any immediate need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The size of the towel Messier is wearing is disturbing... while he fondles a black dwarf.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Ice cold beer precautionary.
"evolution"