Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Listen Doyle’s Boil you need to smell what the Chef is cooking, cause to be Frank you’re out to lunch
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:45 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:37 am right. That's why I hang onto Loui over Kovie. When you have already been paid 33 of 36 million, if you ride the Utica bus this year, you will think long and hard on July 2nd if that last little bit is worth it or not, or if you want to strain a groin and end up on LTIR for the next couple years, or if you simply want to retire and spend time with the hottie you married and your rugrats…

Benning needs to make sure Loui has those thoughts while riding the bus this year.
He won’t get the bonus he’s due on July 1, 2020 if he packs it in next year. So it’s a bit more than 3 mill he’s walking away from. Wait till closer to Christmas time and send him down then. Put him as the 13/14 forward in Utica for the rest of the year and see how he likes it. Break his spirit.
Have you seen his play this year? If his spirit "broke", how would you know? Besides that, I agree. Personally, I'd send him to the AHL for the Utes last game before Christmas, on the 21st in Rochester. Happy Effing HoHo!!
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Rocky Dennis
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rocky Dennis »

Tciso wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:18 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:45 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:37 am right. That's why I hang onto Loui over Kovie. When you have already been paid 33 of 36 million, if you ride the Utica bus this year, you will think long and hard on July 2nd if that last little bit is worth it or not, or if you want to strain a groin and end up on LTIR for the next couple years, or if you simply want to retire and spend time with the hottie you married and your rugrats…

Benning needs to make sure Loui has those thoughts while riding the bus this year.
He won’t get the bonus he’s due on July 1, 2020 if he packs it in next year. So it’s a bit more than 3 mill he’s walking away from. Wait till closer to Christmas time and send him down then. Put him as the 13/14 forward in Utica for the rest of the year and see how he likes it. Break his spirit.
Have you seen his play this year? If his spirit "broke", how would you know? Besides that, I agree. Personally, I'd send him to the AHL for the Utes last game before Christmas, on the 21st in Rochester. Happy Effing HoHo!!
Off the top of my head I believe this contract ranks as the Canucks all-time 2nd worst contract disaster behind only Messier. Anyone else have some comparables? The thief is ranked 746 out of 754 nhl players for chrissakes. There are goalies with better stat lines. He's not even managing a shot a game. Pretty sure Most people who can skate could do at least that much. The only other notable there is the dead last Jankowski at 754 but he makes less than a third of Eriksson's salary. Well past time to jettison this joke.

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

How was Mark Messier’s contract worse than the Air Thief’s?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Rocky Dennis
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rocky Dennis »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:43 am How was Mark Messier’s contract worse than the Air Thief’s?
Are you trolling or serious?
26 mil for 3 seasons (and this back in the 90's) for 162 total points, no playoffs, and a lightning rod of negativity in the dressing room, amongst fans, and the organization that contributed to an alleged captaincy power play, trades, coach and management upheaval. I'm sure more could be added to that list but That's about all the time I want to spend on this rehash. Comparing a Straight stat line you have a point. On Overall negative impact, messier and his contract is hands down the biggest cancer this team has ever seen. Maybe I should have phrased it, "worst signing ever"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Messier could at least play AND the failure only lasted half of the ordeal we are currently enjoying.

That said Lou-zer isnt the same calibre of dooshbag that the great mark messier is
If you need air...call it in
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Be nice to see Eriksson get sent down. I assume the only reason he's getting ice time is because Beagle,Motte & birdbones are all injured and PK is about the only thing he's somewhat decent at.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:09 am Messier could at least play AND the failure only lasted half of the ordeal we are currently enjoying.

That said Lou-zer isnt the same calibre of dooshbag that the great mark messier is
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Rocky Dennis wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:26 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:43 am How was Mark Messier’s contract worse than the Air Thief’s?
26 mil for 3 seasons (and this back in the 90's) for 162 total points, no playoffs, and a lightning rod of negativity in the dressing room, amongst fans, and the organization that contributed to an alleged captaincy power play, trades, coach and management upheaval. I'm sure more could be added to that list but That's about all the time I want to spend on this rehash. Comparing a Straight stat line you have a point. On Overall negative impact, messier and his contract is hands down the biggest cancer this team has ever seen. Maybe I should have phrased it, "worst signing ever"
Meh...I don’t know. Where do you get 26 million from? I thought it was 6 million a year. Unless there was a signing bonus I’m not factoring in. Trevor should have handed him the C right when he arrived. Either way Messier was instrumental in tearing apart that butter soft team that was a shell of the 94 squad. Pat Quinn for all the good things he had done previously, should have taken a blowtorch to that roster a couple years before then. Messier and Keenan did what Pat didn’t have the stomach for. Guys like Naslund and Bertuzzi said they learned a lot from Messier. Messier may have been a douche but he helped Iron Mike cut the cancer out of the room.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

dangler wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:16 am Be nice to see Eriksson get sent down. I assume the only reason he's getting ice time is because Beagle,Motte & birdbones are all injured and PK is about the only thing he's somewhat decent at.
He's be happier in the AHL. Might even renew acquaintances with some other old guys Ronning running on empty.

Alas he seems to be the forward skater version of Biega.

He's not as good as Biega so there's that.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:33 am
Rocky Dennis wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:26 am
Meh...I don’t know. Where do you get 26 million from? I thought it was 6 million a year. Unless there was a signing bonus I’m not factoring in. Trevor should have handed him the C right when he arrived. Either way Messier was instrumental in tearing apart that butter soft team that was a shell of the 94 squad. Pat Quinn for all the good things he had done previously, should have taken a blowtorch to that roster a couple years before then. Messier and Keenan did what Pat didn’t have the stomach for. Guys like Naslund and Bertuzzi said they learned a lot from Messier. Messier may have been a douche but he helped Iron Mike cut the cancer out of the room.
It was...https://www.capfriendly.com/players/mark-messier

Here's the hand written original version; click on the pics to make them big..
https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status ... s-contract
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Definitely would rather see MacEwan in the line-up over Eriksson. But when we are completely healthy, MacEwen unfortunately goes back to Utica, Eriksson sits. The tough decision is with Gaudette and Virtanen

Miller Pettersson Boeser
Ferland Horvat Pearson
Leivo Sutter Roussel
Schaller Beagle Motte

Gaudette
Virtanen
Eriksson
Graovac
MacEwen
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:56 am Definitely would rather see MacEwan in the line-up over Eriksson. But when we are completely healthy, MacEwen unfortunately goes back to Utica, Eriksson sits. The tough decision is with Gaudette and Virtanen

Miller Pettersson Boeser
Ferland Horvat Pearson
Leivo Sutter Roussel
Schaller Beagle Motte

Gaudette
Virtanen
Eriksson
Graovac
MacEwen
Gaudette and Virtanen should be in that lineup. Schaller or Leivo as the 13th forward. You forgot Baertschi and Goldy. They should both slot in somewhere above the Air Thief. I have Eriksson as the 19th forward.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Yeah Gaudette deserves full time but with Green he’s stubborn smd loves Schaller, Leivo and Motte. The team isn’t very fast so taking Virtanen out isn’t wise. That’s why Motte gets a spot. Roussel is definitely a starter. A healthy lineup will be a challenge for Green but Eriksson is done if we are completely healthy. Baertschi is still playing with apprehension, I think he’s done. Goldobin is making a very strong case for a promotion

Benning has to move out bodies, think it has to be Sutter, but him and Green love Sutter

I get the sense we ain’t seeing Ferland for awhile

BTW have they said what Juolevi’s injury is?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Watching those goofy canucks videos i noticed that Sutter is very popular with his teammates. I wasnt aware of this and it might be why he holds down that slot over Gaudette and also why they haven't moved the guy out (yet)

Also of note was how LE sits alone away from the rest of the group with only Edler as his buddy. They desperately need that guy gone
If you need air...call it in