The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:19 pm I remember the days were Tuna would come on this site and boast how they landed the greatest coach of all time. How the addition of the cock would bring the leaves to the promised land. How nothing was going to stop them. He argued against those that told him the cock was overrated. That the cock was not what a young team in transition, still building needed. Athat he wasn’t good with younger players. That he wouldn’t have the patience a young team like Toronto needed.

Oh so now Tuna wanted him gone. The cock was the problem. How convenient a memory can be.
TRUTH

TUNA LOVED THE COCK FOR YEARS!!

Also true: Yours truly told Fishman he would turn on Lou and Babs one day to Tuna's denials.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:36 pm So they finally did what I was asking the past year fpr. They jusyt clinched the playoffs. Leaves are going on a huge run now.
And the fish came back the very next day...
BigTuna wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:01 am Told you.
One win is a "huge run"? Leaves just clinched the playoffs with a .500 record? :eh:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Shanahan is the one to blame. He should have been fired for hiring Babcock and Dubas.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:13 pm Shanahan is the one to blame. He should have been fired for hiring Babcock and Dubas.
Plus he's had his dirty mitts all over all the overpayment contracts...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Where's Paddy?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:13 pm Shanahan is the one to blame. He should have been fired for hiring Babcock and Dubas.
Obviously he erred in not hiring Guy Boucher instead.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:28 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:19 pm I remember the days were Tuna would come on this site and boast how they landed the greatest coach of all time. How the addition of the cock would bring the leaves to the promised land. How nothing was going to stop them. He argued against those that told him the cock was overrated. That the cock was not what a young team in transition, still building needed. Athat he wasn’t good with younger players. That he wouldn’t have the patience a young team like Toronto needed.

Oh so now Tuna wanted him gone. The cock was the problem. How convenient a memory can be.
TRUTH

Also true: Yours truly told Fishman he would turn on Lou and Babs one day to Tuna's denials.
Love how you ignore my Babcock complaints from the past 2 years.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:11 pm
BigTuna wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:48 pm EA Sports agrees with me. Canucks finished dead-last.

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSNHL/status/ ... 05/photo/1

Why sign an aging Eriksson if you're so bad?

We have Babcock as coach, added the best D-Man in the KHL who look great thus far and 3 of the top 6-7 prospects in the world and you think Vancouver is better?
:lol:
Just to clarify, this was me predicting the leaves would make the playoffs and they did. LOL. You might not wabt to bump up things in which I was right and all of you were wrong
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

leaves - they have playoffs yes, at least they should, but the leaves don't have the jam to go past the 1st/2nd round. WEAK
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

BigTuna wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:41 pm
BigTuna wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:48 pm EA Sports agrees with me. Canucks finished dead-last.

We have Babcock as coach, added the best D-Man in the KHL who look great thus far and 3 of the top 6-7 prospects in the world and you think Vancouver is better?
Just to clarify, this was me predicting the Leaves would make the playoffs and they did. LOL. You might not wabt to bump up things in which I was right and all of you were wrong

Thats funny
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

SKYO wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:29 am Leaves - they have playoffs yes, at least they should, but the Leaves don't have the jam to go past the 1st/2nd round. WEAK
Don't exactly have good defensive forwards. You have to in the post 82.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:26 pm

Just to clarify, this was me predicting the Leaves would make the playoffs and they did. LOL. You might not wabt to bump up things in which I was right and all of you were wrong

Thats funny
Sounds like a game of Trivial Pursuit for pre schoolers comment. Might I also suggest > Na-na-na-na na-na :bounce:
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:39 pm

TRUTH

You were down on The Cock for 2.5 years!

But yes, then you couldn't stomach any more...
____
Try to focus on someday.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

BigTuna wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:53 am
Toronto ends in today. They will win.

There, is that better?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:15 pm
BigTuna wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:39 pm

TRUTH

You were down on The Cock for 2.5 years!

But yes, then you couldn't stomach any more...

Since he started catching shanny facials his complexion has been much improved
If you need air...call it in