Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Zedlee »

nuckster wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:57 am I appear to be an absolute minority here - I find Botchford to be insightful. I can see how he would piss off the JB 'knob-gobblers' though. Botch isnt afraid to straight shoot and he has a zany sense of humour.

(Now I've really put myself out there on my own little island)
I'm with you Nuckster. Botch is a bit whiny but I find I agree with him on most Canuck issues.
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

nuckster wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:57 am I appear to be an absolute minority here - I find Botchford to be insightful. I can see how he would piss off the JB 'knob-gobblers' though. Botch isnt afraid to straight shoot and he has a zany sense of humour.

You’re not alone. Botch can get a little full of himself, but I like his writing style and appreciate that just because he will hack on the regime for what he feels are mistakes and praise them when they don’t doesn’t make him a flip-flopper per se. I’ll take him over company man MacIntyre.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Totally agree with the above. I think the thing I hate about Botchford is the TMZ act and fake shouting and screaming.

Nothing wrong with taking management to task. God knows they deserve it.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:59 am I think the thing I hate about Botchford is the TMZ act and fake shouting and screaming.
It's why I just stick to reading, vice listening to him. His on-microphone/camera act can drive me up the wall.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Crotchford is a maple leaves fan, his takes are bordering on handicapped, how anybody can take his opinion seriously is beyond me. I’m gonna love it when guddy turns into a top 4 guy in Pittsburgh and that idiot is wrong about him.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:10 pm Crotchford is a maple Leaves fan, his takes are bordering on handicapped, how anybody can take his opinion seriously is beyond me. I’m gonna love it when guddy turns into a top 4 guy in Pittsburgh and that idiot is wrong about him.
Guddy won’t be a top 4 guy in Pitt.

Letang and Schultz are ahead of him as RH shots. Letang has been hurt which is why Gudbranson is playing more. When they get healthy he will battle JJ for icetime

He’s had a nice little run like he did here a handful of times and then crashed back to Earth. He is a bottom pairing guy good for 14-15 minutes. Wow, a good team is carrying a shitty player, imagine that
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:59 am Totally agree with the above. I think the thing I hate about Botchford is the TMZ act and fake shouting and screaming.

Nothing wrong with taking management to task. God knows they deserve it.
Yeah he gets pretty animated around certain canuck deficiencies like Erikson, and trading away picks, and odd mgt decisions; and i guess the yelling thing is just part of his schtick.There's been a couple times when he and Patterson (i think that's his name) have alluded to the pre-on-air " puffs" Botch will have - I find that kind of funny. I dont think i could ever do that, pretty sure i would sound more like a version of Cheech an Chong and or i would forget my thought half way through a sentence.
cc oldtimer
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:59 am Nothing wrong with taking management to task. God knows they deserve it.
I'm surprised to hear you say that Blob.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:50 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:59 am Nothing wrong with taking management to task. God knows they deserve it.
I'm surprised to hear you say that Blob.
Agreed, Doc. That one came out of nowhere. Blob?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

TSN Radio Vancouver

@TSN1040
LISTEN @JDylanBurke: #Canucks overall lack of prospect depth is result of five years of trading away picks

http://ckstam.streamon.fm/listen-pl-15873?smc=10

Just reporting, not agreeing.....Many holes in his analysis. A real blowhard.
Last edited by Mickey107 on Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Lancer wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:44 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:59 am I think the thing I hate about Botchford is the TMZ act and fake shouting and screaming.
It's why I just stick to reading, vice listening to him. His on-microphone/camera act can drive me up the wall.
I was the opposite with Gallagher, hated reading him but found his pre-game rambling highly amusing.
Iceman2014
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Iceman2014 »

Botch provides good info every now and then but has become a bit more lazy. He does sound like an idiot when you listen to him more often than not though. Overall, I think I'd rather read his twitter feed.

Big Fat David Pratt is as big a tool and troll as our own resident village idiot, Blob McKenzie. Pratt must have mental health issues. I can now tune into 1040 morning show again. Sweet!
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Has anybody heard this "Uncle" guy that calls into Satiar's show on SN650?

God that guy cracks me up, I can't tell if he's legit or if its all an elaborate prank
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

ESQ wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:02 pm Has anybody heard this "Uncle" guy that calls into Satiar's show on SN650?

God that guy cracks me up, I can't tell if he's legit or if its all an elaborate prank
Fake accent, I'm Indian and can hear right through it.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

vic wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:13 pm
ESQ wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:02 pm Has anybody heard this "Uncle" guy that calls into Satiar's show on SN650?

Fake accent, I'm Indian and can hear right through it.
Are you offended by it? I have some East Indian friends and even they think the Dude is funny. Uncle Laleet.

It’s probably Rummy.

He’s a far better calmer than that rage case Mike, or Mapke Leaf Dave or Hardy from the Whack. Or Johnny from the Pizzaria
M