Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:19 pm Orr is the greatest player I have ever seen play hockey.
That’s what my Dad used to say. I saw him play as a 6 year old kid in the Canada Cup and as a member of the Chicago Blackhawks in 78/79. I think it may have even been his last game. He was on gimped knees by then but he was still one of the best players out there.

The best players I have ever seen are Wayne and Mario. Nobody close to them imho. I think if Eric Lindros has learned to keep his head up he could have been close.

Cherry is a clown and has been for years but the guy is an institution and this was a bullshit reason to fire him. The reality is he should have retired five years ago. Some of the old pricks don’t know when to go away. I’m looking at you Bob Cole, Brian Williams, Tony Parsons.

Vin Scully is the best baseball announcer that ever was. I think he could still call a game in his 90’s. Bob Costas was damn good. Al Michaels. Then you have dorks like Harry Carey who wont leave. The good ones know when to pack it in.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

rats19 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:42 pm I wear mine for a week or 2 :wink:
You’re supposed to wear it from Nov 1, to Nov 11, 11am where upon you stop what the fuck your doing and stand still for a minute of silence. Then you’re supposed to take it off and go down to the local legion and buy a round.

That’s what you’re supposed to do...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ukcanuck wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:41 am
rats19 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:42 pm I wear mine for a week or 2 :wink:
You’re supposed to wear it from Nov 1, to Nov 11, 11am where upon you stop what the fuck your doing and stand still for a minute of silence. Then you’re supposed to take it off and go down to the local legion and buy a round.

Are there enough Legions in Canada to fit its entire population in at 11:01am November 11th?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

The hastings and rosser legion got torn down for more popsicle stick condos i see. Nothing is sacred in that urban clusterfuck apparently
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:10 am The hastings and rosser legion got torn down for more popsicle stick condos i see. Nothing is sacred in that urban clusterfuck apparently
Are you sure they didn’t build a new one? That’s what they’ve done North Van, is build a new one in same location or at another when their sites are developed. I think you need to dig further
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ukcanuck wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:41 am You’re supposed to wear it from Nov 1, to Nov 11, 11am where upon you stop what the fuck your doing and stand still for a minute of silence. Then you’re supposed to take it off and go down to the local legion and buy a round.

This.

Yet you see clowns still wearing poppies this weekend. Willie Desjardins wore his until late November one season behind the bench. No common sense at all.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

It should be hunting season on anyone wearing poppies after November 11th and on anyone not wearing poppies between nov. 1st snd November 11th. Call it the Poppy Purge. The Canadian Cleanse. The Nation Wide Whitener.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:31 am It should be hunting season on anyone wearing poppies after November 11th and on anyone not wearing poppies between nov. 1st snd November 11th. Call it the Poppy Purge. The Canadian Cleanse. The Nation Wide Whitener.
Kinda like people should hang a beating on a guy in his 50’s wearing spandex pants
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:34 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:31 am It should be hunting season on anyone wearing poppies after November 11th and on anyone not wearing poppies between nov. 1st snd November 11th. Call it the Poppy Purge. The Canadian Cleanse. The Nation Wide Whitener.
Kinda like people should hang a beating on a guy in his 50’s wearing spandex pants
Never worn such a thing. But you can keep rocking that peculiar fantasy of yours if it blows your hair back. Persistent talking about dudes in spandex. :oops: Berryman, your thoughts?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:37 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:34 am
Never worn such a thing. But you can keep rocking that peculiar fantasy of yours if it blows your hair back. Persistent talking about dudes in spandex. :oops: Berryman, your thoughts?
This isn’t what you told the masses at the security guard’s board. It doesn’t jive at all. It’s no fantasy of mine. I think it’s an illness on your part Zukerman. I’m here to help.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Yeah you keep drinking that Bubble Tea, Bubbies. Whatever floats your boat, Spanish Armada.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I’ve never bought or worn a poppy.
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:51 am I’ve never bought or worn a poppy.
I hope Don Cherry doesn't see this post.

Are you trying to KILL him?? :crazy:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I'm audacious. I'll be the first. How come?
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

So that means you have zero respect for the vets, H-dub.