Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:01 am I like Barrie but not sure having both him and Hughes makes sense. You can only be so small of a team on the whole. It’s still a heavy game, see the last two cup winners. Plus he’s gonna rake in a big contract in which we can’t afford. We’d hs evto move all of Stecher, Sutter, Markstrom and Eriksson I would think. Replaced with entry levels.
It’s not even the size. I just wonder if both he and Hughes would get enough looks offensively on the same team. I doubt both would get enough PP time as teams almost always go with four forwards on the PP nowadays.

The Avs are going to have the best D in the league in a couple years once Byram sand Timmins come on board.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Vancouver really needs a couple of top d prospects in their system as we only have longshots and depth pieces coming up the pipe. Its a gaping black hole.
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:06 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:01 am I like Barrie but not sure having both him and Hughes makes sense. You can only be so small of a team on the whole. It’s still a heavy game, see the last two cup winners. Plus he’s gonna rake in a big contract in which we can’t afford. We’d hs evto move all of Stecher, Sutter, Markstrom and Eriksson I would think. Replaced with entry levels.
It’s not even the size. I just wonder if both he and Hughes would get enough looks offensively on the same team. I doubt both would get enough PP time as teams almost always go with four forwards on the PP nowadays.

The Avs are going to have the best D in the league in a couple years once Byram sand Timmins come on board.
Timmins is like Baertschi, one more concussion away from hanging them up. I’d rank Girard way ahead of Timmins
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Timmins has had one concussion and made the team out of camp. By your rationale anyone who’s had one concussion should just retire.

Girard is a solid player. Would look good in a Canucks uniform.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:06 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:05 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:02 am
I'd much rather have Muzzin
Not sure he will be much cheaper but yeah he’d be a better fit
Hes not going anywhere. Hes a pajama wearing toronto maple laugh for life
I dunno, he might want out of the zoo.

It is very unpleasant at the centre of the universe when things are spiraling out of control.

If the Leaves miss the playoffs he might bail! :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:25 am Timmins has had one concussion and made the team out of camp. By your rationale anyone who’s had one concussion should just retire.

Girard is a solid player. Would look good in a Canucks uniform.
Timmins is touch and go. One hit away from the quiet room
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Habs have injury issues. Need middle 6 forwards, and have 12 picks in upcoming draft...

New homes for Goldobin and Baertschi??

Habs have 4 x 4th round picks.. could we get a 3rd and a 4th for these 2 guys??
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:07 pm Habs have injury issues. Need middle 6 forwards, and have 12 picks in upcoming draft...

How about just have them...they're yours free!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:12 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:07 pm Habs have injury issues. Need middle 6 forwards, and have 12 picks in upcoming draft...

How about just have them...they're yours free!
Not quite ;) Net minder Arturs Silovs is getting some great reviews.
https://dobberprospects.com/player/arturs-silovs/

6th round pick.
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

But Mick, as an unproven 6th round pick, with no experience in the NHL, who will pay more than a 6th round pick for him?!??

Bearcheeze and Goldie have NHL experience, And are assets. They are worth something. The question is what? (And to who - more desperate teams are sometimes willing to pay more)
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:34 pm But Mick, as an unproven 6th round pick, with no experience in the NHL, who will pay more than a 6th round pick for him?!??

Bearcheeze and Goldie have NHL experience, And are assets. They are worth something. The question is what? (And to who - more desperate teams are sometimes willing to pay more)
Was just making the point to Whiz not to give players away for free when you could get a pick. Any pick. Like even a 6th.
I wasn't wanting to trade our prospect goalie.
Unless of course it involved LE leaving.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

I was perusing the UFA list for next summer and see both Vatanen and Erik Gustafsson coming up.

I would definitely be interested in letting Tanev walk if we could land EG as a replacement. The kid is money
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Trade Eriksson ideal #500,002

Eriksson ($6M AAV for two more years) for Kovalchuk ($6.25M AAV this and next year.)
LA Kings General Manager Rob Blake met with members of the media at the start of warm-ups prior to Tuesday’s game against the Minnesota Wild, which followed Elliotte Friedman’s afternoon report that the team had informed Ilya Kovalchuk of an intent to withhold him from the lineup “for the foreseeable future.

There is word this afternoon that LA has informed Ilya Kovalchuk he will be out of the lineup for the foreseeable future.

He is welcome to practice with the club, but he will not be playing. Obviously, more details as they occur.

— Elliotte Friedman. Nov 12, 2019
I can see Kopitar and Eriksson being good together.

Kovie might get a good luck with Bo or Petey, and he can be Tryamkin's ambassador here next year.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:09 am I was perusing the UFA list for next summer and see both Vatanen and Erik Gustafsson coming up.

I would definitely be interested in letting Tanev walk if we could land EG as a replacement. The kid is money
Meh. I have him on my fantasy team.
He was lights out last season, but he is not delivering the goods this year. :(

Neither is Eric Karlsson, by the way. I have both.
I was drooling over my fantasy blue line, but they've gone all Loui Eriksson on me. :evil:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

SKYO wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:41 pm Trade Eriksson ideal #500,002

Eriksson ($6M AAV for two more years) for Kovalchuk ($6.25M AAV this and next year.)

I can see Kopitar and Eriksson being good together.

Kovie might get a good luck with Bo or Petey, and he can be Tryamkin's ambassador here next year.
If Kovalchuck isn't good enough for one of the worst team in the NHL, why Is he good for us?!??

Say NO to used up veterans.