Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Per
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Per »

Hank wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:19 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:18 pm
Hank wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:40 pm
Topper wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:24 pm Didn't Bon Jovi credit the strippers at #5 on their first album? That's Dude territory.

Besides, Baubles strikes me as a guy who likes to wear make up and high heels.
Slippery When Wet was dedicated to the #5. I think Aerosmith also made their big comeback while recording at the Orange.

KISS Army... so Blob fully admits that he likes to wear make up and high heels.
Lol!!! Just liked the tunes bro. As fucked as the band looked with all the gimmicks they cut some wicked shit for a kid in the mid to late 70s.

Gene, Paul, Ace and Peter were more my era. Along with Sabbath, AC/DC and Aerosmith.
KISS was never my thing. Loved ACDC though.

I'll have to admit, in the 80s I went to a Duran Duran concert. Hey, when you're a horny teenager, you go where the girls are.
Metal has grown darker. This band is from my neck of the woods (Umeå). Not quite as melodic as KISS, but they seem to be doing OK:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hank wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:40 pm
Topper wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:24 pm Didn't Bon Jovi credit the strippers at #5 on their first album? That's Dude territory.

Besides, Baubles strikes me as a guy who likes to wear make up and high heels.
Slippery When Wet was dedicated to the #5. I think Aerosmith also made their big comeback while recording at the Orange.

KISS Army... so Blob fully admits that he likes to wear make up and high heels.
Yes, regarding Slippery When Wet. Bon Jovi and my old man became close friends, him and his band lived there practically, he’s a wop himself Bongiovi. He invited me snd my ex wife to the studio to watch them record but my ex hated Bon Jovi and I wasn’t a fan either. Never heard stories about Aerosmith but Motley Crew and my old man became very good friends, they had his phone number, they’d call him for booze when off sales was closed. Pops would deliver the booze himself to the studio they were recording in. Thing is pops was a Frank Sinatra man, wouldn’t know metal if it slapped him in the face. But he was buds with Crew and Bon Jovi. Bon Jovi wound always tell him he wants to buy the 5 and move the whole building back home to his neighbourhood in New Jersey
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

SKYO wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:08 pm Stecher got man-handled vs the big Blues team, I'd still like to try to upgrade that 3rd pairing with Benn, someone who Green and Baumer can trust to play like 18min a game, play's tough and physical but can help chip in scoring wise a bit, a reliable dman, experienced.

David Savard would be nice.
David Savard would be nice right about now.

Travis Green still loves to play Alex Edler and Chris Tanev till they are injured, he just doesn't give a flying fuck about it.

Tanev and Edler leading the Canucks in blocked shots
I believe that duo is 2nd (edler) and 4th (tanev) in the entire league in blocked shots.
Next up is Benn with 18 blocked shots.

And blocking shots in this day in age is risky business.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

David Savard is a good player and a great target. We got fuck all to give up to get him.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Don’t panic. Stay the course.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Who is panicking?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:58 am Who is panicking?
Basketball players?
https://sports.yahoo.com/miami-heat-dio ... 37265.html
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Laughs are reeling...changes are likely coming and they have some interesting pieces that may be in play.

Both Barrie and Muzzin are UFA this summer and either would look fantastic in the stinky whale...just not at 8+ mill a year.

There are plenty of scapegoats up front that could be acquired...7 million Williom is NOT one that should be considered but Jonsson or Kapanen would be worth a look.

Come on Skyo...whatcha got
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:34 am Laughs are reeling...changes are likely coming and they have some interesting pieces that may be in play.

Both Barrie and Muzzin are UFA this summer and either would look fantastic in the stinky whale...just not at 8+ mill a year.

There are plenty of scapegoats up front that could be acquired...7 million Williom is NOT one that should be considered but Jonsson or Kapanen would be worth a look.

Let em burn! :twisted:

____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:43 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:34 am Laughs are reeling...changes are likely coming and they have some interesting pieces that may be in play.

Let em burn! :twisted:

:lol:

A silver lining to all this suck is that if Barrie continues to look this bad he wont be commanding anywhere near the rumoured 8 million price tag...which may mean he could actually fit our salary structure.

I dont think hes playing his heart out for a prick like Babcock...hes saving himself for next year in van
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:47 am I dont think hes playing his heart out for a prick like Babcock...hes saving himself for next year in van
Yeah, that and it's the wrong system for Barrie.

Fine, Stecher for Barrie +2nd. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I like Barrie but not sure having both him and Hughes makes sense. You can only be so small of a team on the whole. It’s still a heavy game, see the last two cup winners. Plus he’s gonna rake in a big contract in which we can’t afford. We’d hs evto move all of Stecher, Sutter, Markstrom and Eriksson I would think. Replaced with entry levels.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:01 am I like Barrie but not sure having both him and Hughes makes sense. You can only be so small of a team on the whole. It’s still a heavy game, see the last two cup winners. Plus he’s gonna rake in a big contract in which we can’t afford. We’d hs evto move all of Stecher, Sutter, Markstrom and Eriksson I would think. Replaced with entry levels.
I'd much rather have Muzzin
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:02 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:01 am I like Barrie but not sure having both him and Hughes makes sense. You can only be so small of a team on the whole. It’s still a heavy game, see the last two cup winners. Plus he’s gonna rake in a big contract in which we can’t afford. We’d hs evto move all of Stecher, Sutter, Markstrom and Eriksson I would think. Replaced with entry levels.
Not sure he will be much cheaper but yeah he’d be a better fit
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:05 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:02 am
Not sure he will be much cheaper but yeah he’d be a better fit
Hes not going anywhere. Hes a pajama wearing toronto maple laugh for life