Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by vic »

Reports are that Halford and Brough are going on 6 - 10, then Taylor and Moj from 10 - 2, followed by Sekeres and Price at 2 - 6

So, they essentially eliminated a full show. I might start listening again if Botchford is never again on air.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

vic wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:44 pm Reports are that Halford and Brough are going on 6 - 10, then Taylor and Moj from 10 - 2, followed by Sekeres and Price at 2 - 6

So, they essentially eliminated a full show. I might start listening again if Botchford is never again on air.
What you don’t like the fake shouting and screaming Vic ?

Botchford has small mans syndrome. Joe Thornton rightfully cut him down to size years ago. He’s been a bitter little prick since
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:12 pm
vic wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:44 pm Reports are that Halford and Brough are going on 6 - 10, then Taylor and Moj from 10 - 2, followed by Sekeres and Price at 2 - 6

Botchford has small mans syndrome. Joe Thornton rightfully cut him down to size years ago. He’s been a bitter little prick since
His shouting, his constant flip flopping, lack of humility...you name it.

Even with social media nowadays and a new generation of readers, listeners, watchers - I still expect some sort of Journalistic Integrity from the media, Botchford show zero, zilch, none - I'm shocked people actually pay to read his drivel on The Athletic. I've read a few articles on it in the past, and they are great - how a douchbag like Crotchford ever got a job with them is beyond me.
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

Even with social media nowadays and a new generation of readers, listeners, watchers - I still expect some sort of Journalistic Integrity from the media, Botchford show zero, zilch, none - I'm shocked people actually pay to read his drivel on The Athletic. I've read a few articles on it in the past, and they are great - how a douchbag like Crotchford ever got a job with them is beyond me.
It's the agenda's that get to me...and why I've argued that to keep all media types fresh they should be "traded" to other markets every few years...

Take care...
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

rikster wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:34 pm
It's the agenda's that get to me...and why I've argued that to keep all media types fresh they should be "traded" to other markets every few years...

Take care...
Some of them should be kept fresh by vacuum packing them in oil drums. :twisted:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

From SN:

Change is coming, again, to Vancouver sports radio.

More change is coming to TSN 1040 — and not all of it is good if you’re a fan of veteran morning man Dave Pratt.

Bell Media made a series of cuts Wednesday to several TSN sports radio stations across the country, and the Dave Pratt-led morning show is among them.

Dave Pratt is out at TSN 1040 AM. Arlen Redekop / PROVINCE
The TSN 1040 AM website no longer lists an archive for the morning show, which Pratt had hosted on his own since last summer, alongside a rotating roster of co-hosts, including Dave Tomlinson.

Pratt was informed Wednesday morning he had been let go. Tomlinson is also out, along with producer Curt Appleby
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

vic wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:19 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:12 pm

His shouting, his constant flip flopping, lack of humility...you name it.

Beautiful stuff^^^ I can’t stand Bitchfart
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

They do not care about quality anymore, it is all about key clicks and revenue (as it probably always has been) but now it is about being stupid and controversial so you have people listening. For some reason so may people want to listen to someone who upsets or frustrates them.
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

ESQ wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:15 pm Good riddance to Big Fat David Pratt, he really made the morning show unbearable.

I feel a little bad for Tomlinson, he was pretty good for an ex-hockey player/jobber. I think I could stand to see him replace a few people on 650 - Reach and/or Deep, John Jang or Chang or whoever. Both those shows could benefit from a guy with actual experience in sports, to balance out the fantasy sports/stats nerds.
Agree. Pratt is insufferable, arrogant and a big "know it all". States an opinion then gets irritated when someone disagrees. I loved it when Tomlinson called him on his bs. I hope to hear from Tomlinson again at some point.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Botchford isn’t going anywhere. He was on with Halford and Brough all the time. He was on with Brook Wart this morning and Karen was doing updates
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:02 am Botchford isn’t going anywhere. He was on with Halford and Brough all the time. He was on with Brook Wart this morning and Karen was doing updates
That's a shame, he is Pratt-level unlistenable.

Botchford with Pratt would have been hilarious, they'd be like a couple cats in a bag.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

ESQ wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:39 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:02 am Botchford isn’t going anywhere. He was on with Halford and Brough all the time. He was on with Brook Wart this morning and Karen was doing updates
That's a shame, he is Pratt-level unlistenable.

Botchford with Pratt would have been hilarious, they'd be like a couple cats in a bag.
Botchford has been on with Pratt many times. It's the worst segment of talk radio you can imagine.

Pratt is like a big stupid dog that just keeps going on with his absolutely inane opinions. Botchford is like a clearly agitated pussy kitten that is swiping his little claws at an oblivious Pratt.

Just fire them all.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

I appear to be an absolute minority here - I find Botchford to be insightful. I can see how he would piss off the JB 'knob-gobblers' though. Botch isnt afraid to straight shoot and he has a zany sense of humour.

(Now I've really put myself out there on my own little island)
cc oldtimer
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The only thing is: Sportsnet 650am is "The company station", and sometimes it gets sickening. Not enough controversy.
That's where you go in you want to continuously smell roses.
Until you throw-up.
"evolution"