Stars @ Canucks – 7:00 PM - Sportsnet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: Stars @ Canucks – 7:00 PM - Sportsnet

Post by Topper »

Was there a basketball game in the garage last night?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:31 pm Stecher again
What's he supposed to do on a two-on-one? Edler was the one who stepped up and got caught out of position.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Well, basically both Stecher and Benn were noticeable and memorable tonight but not in a good way. And this was from playing 3rd pairing sheltered minutes.

I know Marky has had a rough time lately and he hasn't been that bad, but Greener, you gotta play the better goalie. The one with the momentum.

Oh well, this one's over. Next.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

5thhorseman wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:52 pm Man that Stuart Zuckerman's got some jowls! Don't leave the nuts out if he's over for dinner.
His head is all one sided or something. Is that a stroke or...?
If you need air...call it in
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:49 pm
5thhorseman wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:52 pm Man that Stuart Zuckerman's got some jowls! Don't leave the nuts out if he's over for dinner.
Haha yeah, if I ever need a lawyer it'll be an ugly fucker like him. I bet he works like a dog and has a trophy wife.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

......................................2nd-05:21 Vancouver Jake Virtanen (6) ASST: Tanner Pearson (6), Bo Horvat (9) 2-1
......................................https://streamable.com/xkk83#

......................................2nd-11:30 Vancouver Troy Stecher (2) ASST: Jordie Benn (3), Elias Pettersson (16) 2-2
......................................https://streamable.com/7dky1#

.................................... ESPN.. Game stats; .. https://www.espn.com/nhl/game?gameId=401145332
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Post Game; Travis Green / Bo Horvat;
https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/postg ... /c-4596309

Hey Travis; Jim has an extension. You, Newell and Nolan don't. :? Smarten up. Quit saying how the other guys are a really good team, Geez.
Might want to change the routine up a bit once in a while----just a thought.
Little things; How many ways could you take that?
What did Stecher end up, even? He might be a plus one but that one that got away looked as bad as it gets. Not the best game for Myers either.
Marky had Stars in his eyes all night. Why?
Horvat isn't sounding good on-air lately either. So he's the Captain-C. Doesn't mean the press "has" to grab him every night. :idea:
There are others..
There were some nice plays that almost paid-off but generally there wasn't much flow.
Fatigue? Probably; Team spirit a wee bit lower too. I guess the two are connected.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

I would say the Canucks can re-assign Rayovac without a second thought...he looked like he was playing in the wrong league.

Was it me or did it seem like Stetcher was on the ice for that entire game?

The stars definitely exploited the extreme softness of the canucks. They were hacking and wacking, finishing every hit, trying to get the canucks off their game. It worked beautifully.

This team NEEDS some heart and soul in the bottom 6. Other than Virtanen (oddly enough) there isnt a single forward who was playing a tough game.

MacEwan is exactly the type of player that was needed but the canucks choose to continue the ice time charity for looser Looey rather than adapt to different teams when it comes to line-up decisions.

This also applies to the goaltending. Marky isnt a bad goalie but Demko has the makings of a franchise calibre goaltender. Why the fuck isnt he playing til he loses?
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

* Dallas had better possession and did their best to clog up the middle and had an effective PK, but Canucks appeared to me to have about the same number of quality chances despite a night that lacked crispness. Dallas simply converted at the end of the game.

* Seemed to me Dallas brought a B+ game and the Canucks brought a C+ game and it was tied in the third, and when it was tied, it didn't seem like just the product of luck... It also seems to me that if the Canucks play a B game or Marky stands on his head, they likely win.

* Hidden brainfart of the game. During a Canucks PP, #17 was playing the point that shift. The Canucks were exiting their own zone with under 10 seconds left on the man advantage. They had 4 forwards on the ice. The Sportsnet audio picks up the bench yelling "Leivo!" But he stayed on the ice and was trapped out there as a defenseman (but not really playing it) for the next 30 seconds. Edler is left defending 3 Dallas forwards on the own and thankfully Marky gets a chance to cover the puck.

* Obvious brainfart of the game. Dallas had a number of shifts where the Canucks were trapped in their own zone. Why couldn't they get out? Because the forwards didn't work to get to open spaces when their D was winning puck battle below the line. JV was the most noticeably absent-minded about this. Our D personnel are so much better at finding ways out of the zone this season. But forwards still have to do their part. They didn't last night.
Hono_rary Canadian
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

. Not to put too fine a point on it but Dallas had played a spirited game the night before in Calgary and our supposed
"big guns" had a night to forget. Quite silent they were. The Canucks were sloppy. Too many missed assignments to even keep track of and I'm
really beginning to think that the team spends too much time in practice working on "the little things", (that were missed anyways), in practice
when it may be a better plan at this point to have a game plan in place for the particular team they are playing. Combination of the two? :idea:
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

UWSaint wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:47 am

* Seemed to me Dallas brought a B+ game and the Canucks brought a C+ game and it was tied in the third, and when it was tied, it didn't seem like just the product of luck... It also seems to me that if the Canucks play a B game or Marky stands on his head, they likely win.

This sums it up. Canucks are carrying around too many marshmallows and the stars targeted this weakness.

Next game I expect the Canucks will ice a heavier, more prepared lineup...and if I'm not worng thats within a week or so
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

. I know it would create a degree of controversy and much fodder for the media, (who cares) but I would like to see Demko get an equal
split in amount of starts. I personally think he's good enough and it's my own opinion that it would serve the team with the most desirable
options now and in the near future. I definitely would not say this if I thought it would jeopardize the team's playoffs goal.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:49 pm
The Chef looks almost identical to Stuart Zukerman except Zukerman has more hair and better skin.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

C+ is more than I would give that effort.

Puck battles along the boards and a willingness to get into puck battles along the boards was a major failing
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.