GDT: Canucks vs Jets 08 Nov 2019 @ 5pm on SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Canucks vs Jets 08 Nov 2019 @ 5pm on SNP

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Mëds wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:27 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:23 pm I’ll never understand why, when you’ve pulled your goalie, you give up puck possession by shooting it in like that.

2 bad days in a row. Que the Benning haters.
Meh. Benning has nothing to do with this.

This is coaching. Teams simply clog the middle and we don’t do anything about it and can’t get any kind of net support.

We are great at pressing and moving the puck compared to last year. But not creative in it at all once we set up.

If Miller and Boeser aren’t on the ice we generate jack shit at 5-on-5.

Petey is getting abused and no love from the refs and it’s getting to him.
You nailed it. Exactly my thoughts too.

Methinks it's time Russel comes back and plays on Petey's line
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Loui with just 7:44 minutes... :( ... it's... it's... it's... over.

____
Try to focus on someday.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:18 pm Loui stapled to the bench now. If hes in the lineup sunday then there is definitely some pictures of someone doing something somewhere
I didn't see Sven do much offensively, but if Pearson and Leivo are still on Bo's wings, then the extensions to the coaching staff should be rescinded.

Jake was doing fine with Bo and tonight he was the most consistent offensive threat tonight. Meanwhile, Pearson has been skating in quicksand for 8 games in a row.

Loui on the 4th line may not be a solution, but he certainly ain't the problem right now. Secondary scoring is. Clamp down on the Lotto Line and nothing is happening. Too bad Jake Postanen isn't really a sniper.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Canucks had their moments but the better team won.
Petey needs to stop with the drama,he's never going to get calls otherwise.
Bo is snakebitten,it's not his wingers
Jake had a decent game,i think Greene wishes he dressed Gaudette instead of Erikson
Jets got a beauty in Kyle Connor
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

dangler wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:36 pm Canucks had their moments but the better team won.
Jake had a decent game,i think Greene wishes he dressed Gaudette instead of Erikson
I very much doubt that bit about Green, Gaudette, and Eriksson. Loui has been useless since he came to Van, and despite looking halfway decent in his first game this season he has been invisible for 5 in a row. Hmmmm.....maybe Green just can’t see how bad he is because of that invisibility and simply doesn’t even realize Loui is there. It’s the only explanation for why he’s still in the lineup.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Mëds wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:43 pm
dangler wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:36 pm Canucks had their moments but the better team won.
I very much doubt that bit about Green, Gaudette, and Eriksson. Loui has been useless since he came to Van, and despite looking halfway decent in his first game this season he has been invisible for 5 in a row. Hmmmm.....maybe Green just can’t see how bad he is because of that invisibility and simply doesn’t even realize Loui is there. It’s the only explanation for why he’s still in the lineup.
LOL, yeah it's time for a Utica assignment for Eriksson
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

dangler wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:51 pm
Mëds wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:43 pm
LOL, yeah it's time for a Utica assignment for Eriksson
After tonight I’m thinking more along the lines of a Kalamazoo assignment.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

What is missing in the two losses is speed on the forecheck pressuring the d in the corners and behind the net.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

...............shorter homer tube :)
Stecher on Tanev:
He’s a savage

Benn on Tanev:
He’s an animal

Sutter on Tanev:
He’s the ultimate warrior

Tanev on Tanev:
It’s the NHL, everybody does it
“It hurt, my leg went numb. I came in here, saw the doc and he said nothing was broken, so I got back out there.” - Tanev
Canucks only goal; 2nd: 06:53 Vancouver J.T. Miller (8) ASST: Troy Stecher (3), Brock Boeser (10) 1-0

..................... Post Game; Travis Green + Bo Horvat
Last edited by Mickey107 on Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Travis doesn't sound good in that presser at all. Don't know if he's annoyed, tired, miffed, confused due to jet lag or what.
When I hear him making the simpleton excuses like that, ( tough schedule, they're a good team, etc.,) makes me think should just
go without the polite give a presser thing and shut the door.
In all honesty, Bo didn't sound much better.

Brock hit 2 posts in the first. That line could have had 3 in the first. Might have been different.
We are easy to cover when we only have one really dangerous line. Unfortunately, that's the way it is right now.
I think Bo and Jake can stay together but we still don't have that really dynamic third person for that line. Maybe Baer can get it
going, don't know yet. Pearson is really gone downhill of late. Not going to be him.
Let's face it; Ferland was meant to be that top six guy and hopefully he comes back soon and Is that!!

Louis Eriksson is on the fourth line and I'm trying to figure out if he can do that job or would "a fourth line role" be better served
with a nastier, more aggressive type ? I'm at the point now where I'm not even thinking about what he's making, just what will serve the team
better. So; Louis down to Utica?

Image Ya; Let's try that.

Sorry Trent; These things happen. Part of the game.. :hmmm:
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Topper wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:50 pm What is missing in the two losses is speed on the forecheck pressuring the d in the corners and behind the net.
This is true. Fatigue to blame?
If you need air...call it in
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:55 am
Topper wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:50 pm What is missing in the two losses is speed on the forecheck pressuring the d in the corners and behind the net.
This is true. Fatigue to blame?
Missing Motte and Ferland definitely hurt the forechecking.