Canucks vs Backhawks, Nov 7, 2019, 5:30pm SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks vs Backhawks, Nov 7, 2019, 5:30pm SNP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:09 pm Virtanen enough with your brainless passes ffs
Are you all torched up?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:08 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:09 pm Virtanen enough with your brainless passes ffs
Are you all torched up?
No boozing Monday to Thursday, although last night was a misstep but let’s just ignore that. Tea and crumpets tonight, you?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Hank wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:58 pm So it begins with Tanev...

Down to 5 Dmen again.

Troy boy is going to be getting more minutes. Hope he can handle it.

Will one-eye Rafferty get called up? Or will it be Benn shifting over with Sautner. Man, the D just got stinkier.
Will be a good test of this years depth.
Oli comes up & Benn goes to the right??
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

01:02 Vancouver PPG - J.T. Miller (7) ASST: Elias Pettersson (15), Bo Horvat (8) 1-2 https://streamable.com/a67xs#
https://twitter.com/harmandayal2/status ... 1392654341

18:59 Vancouver Jake Virtanen (5) ASST: Alexander Edler (8), Adam Gaudette (3) 2-4 https://streamable.com/njbdk#
Brendan Batchelor
Saw Chris Tanev after the game. No visible ice pack, brace or sling. Travis Green did not have an update on Tanev’s status, but left open the possibility that the #Canucks may recall a defenceman from Utica.
8:39 PM · Nov 7, 2019 from Chicago, IL
Last edited by Mickey107 on Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Well that was painful, but hopefully there is learning curve.

Seemed like the cawks did to us what we’ve been doing to everyone else. They came prepared.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

POst-game; TJ Miller; https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/postg ... /c-4547089
Canucks; Tanev’s last shift came on a Blackhawks’ power play that ended with Andrew Shaw’s goal.
Haven't got a clue! Didn't PVR because I watched live somewhere else. I know better than that. :evil: Can't see on highlights.
Green; “I just don't think we were very good. Didn't look sharp, didn't handle the puck very well. We just weren't very good tonight.”
Crawford did have a good game but Canucks just didn't play sharp for long stretches allowing Hawks to build momentum during those lags.
No point playing Eriksson anymore now. He is actually out of shape. Skating slow. Can't keep up with plays. When I see a guy skating with
his head down, struggling to dig and gain speed, I know he's no good for this level of play right now. Yes, that means going down to the farm
and getting in shape.

Jake was almost really good. Damn guy.

Travis better do something or stop doing something cause the team is "noticeably" tensing-up, (squeezing the sticks). Sucks to watch.
Too early to be tired.
“We did a lot of good things and were still in this game late, that’s what we can take away. We didn’t like our start, but we picked it up to end the 1st. Tomorrow is another test and we have to respond.” - Stecher
Troy doesn't seem concerned. :oops:
Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:10 pm Ok I’m out tonight. Hopefully you guys can hold down the fort?

Gonna PVR the game just in case it’s worth watching later.
"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.