Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:22 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:16 am We all know what we have in Troy Stinker. He’s on his way out. Got some good foot soldiers coming to replace him
None of which are close to ready
Rafferty is
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Cherry Picker wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:42 am I have no idea why the Canucks would get rid of depth for picks considering where they are in the standings. Stecher had a mediocre game, but so did many others. He is still and NHL level Dman. One injury to Tanev or Myers and people will be complaining endlessly if he were traded away.
Stecher does not provide much offense and he is defensively ok, not great like Tanev. If the Canucks trade Stecher, it would be a package (+ one of the forwards or picks) to get a better right handed defenseman.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:07 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:22 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:16 am We all know what we have in Troy Stinker. He’s on his way out. Got some good foot soldiers coming to replace him
None of which are close to ready
Rafferty is
Very doubtful at this point
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Jovocop wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:19 am
Cherry Picker wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:42 am I have no idea why the Canucks would get rid of depth for picks considering where they are in the standings. Stecher had a mediocre game, but so did many others. He is still and NHL level Dman. One injury to Tanev or Myers and people will be complaining endlessly if he were traded away.
Stecher does not provide much offense and he is defensively ok, not great like Tanev. If the Canucks trade Stecher, it would be a package (+ one of the forwards or picks) to get a better right handed defenseman.
This Id have no problem with. But to just get rid of him because he’s short or you irrationally hate the guy makes no sense. They had depth in Biega but coughed it up. Anyone in the top 4 gets hurt and they’re fucked if they had just given up Stecher for table scraps.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:13 am
This Id have no problem with. But to just get rid of him because he’s short or you irrationally hate the guy makes no sense. They had depth in Biega but coughed it up. Anyone in the top 4 gets hurt and they’re fucked if they had just given up Stecher for table scraps.
If somebody is willing to overpay for stetcher you make the move (ie. a first round pick). I doubt it will happen, but a first round pick is worth more to help add at the deadline than stetcher is.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

I don't think anyone hates him for being a sawed-off runt.

I agree with Jovo, upgrade on the wee midget if you can...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I also agree with Jovo.

Dick nobody would give up a 2nd for him right now let alone a 1st. I’d ditch him for a 2nd in a heartbeat
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:39 am I also agree with Jovo.

Dick nobody would give up a 2nd for him right now let alone a 1st. I’d ditch him for a 2nd in a heartbeat
Oh ya u do that one
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I'd ditch him to stop wasting time and resources on him. He's already banged his head on his ceiling. Hell, toss in Baubles 70's platform Kiss boots if need be.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Lol, low ceiling...
____
Try to focus on someday.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Doyle, you don't think Rafferty is ready for Stecher's 13:44 of ice time?

Its not like anyone's saying Rafferty is ready to step into the top-4, we're talking about replacing the team's worst dman with the lowest TOI. That's exactly the position that should be filled from the farm.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:35 am
Doyle, you don't think Rafferty is ready for Stecher's 13:44 of ice time?

Its not like anyone's saying Rafferty is ready to step into the top-4, we're talking about replacing the team's worst dman with the lowest TOI. That's exactly the position that should be filled from the farm.
I agree the #6 guy should be a homegrown young cheap guy. Rafferty has ten games of pro experience. He started playing D at 19 and has one eye. I’d like to see a bigger sample size.

Again if you can get a 2nd or a good prospect then get rid of him.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Topper wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:28 am I'd ditch him to stop wasting time and resources on him. He's already banged his head on his ceiling. Hell, toss in Baubles 70's platform Kiss boots if need be.
Blob probably has more Poison and Bon Jovi accessories than Kiss ones. Doylie do you still have that jon bon jovi tusk earing?
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:14 pm
Topper wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:28 am I'd ditch him to stop wasting time and resources on him. He's already banged his head on his ceiling. Hell, toss in Baubles 70's platform Kiss boots if need be.
Blob probably has more Poison and Bon Jovi accessories than Kiss ones. Doylie do you still have that jon bon jovi tusk earing?
Didn't Bon Jovi credit the strippers at #5 on their first album? That's Dude territory.

Besides, Baubles strikes me as a guy who likes to wear make up and high heels.
Last edited by Topper on Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Fuck that. KISS Army all the way.