Canucks 2019-2020 line-up

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks 2019-2020 line-up

Post by Mickey107 »

[#TSNHockey Insider
@TSNBobMcKenzie
joins #JayAndDan to discuss Elias Pettersson and the #Canucks/quote]

https://twitter.com/JayAndDan/status/11 ... 6876014595
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I wanted to hear what BM says as the video cuts off...
If you need air...call it in
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:20 am Seriously, I care more about what my dog thinks on this matter than Fucking Friedman...
Well don’t leave us hanging, what’s your dog thinking?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:47 am
Strangelove wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:20 am Seriously, I care more about what my dog thinks on this matter than Fucking Friedman...
I don't care what my dog thinks.

*smacks Blob with rolled-up newspaper*
____
Try to focus on someday.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:31 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:47 am
I don't care what my dog thinks.

*smacks Blob with rolled-up newspaper*
What happened to Ruffles?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

5thhorseman wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:33 am What happened to Ruffles?
He's right here!

*smacks Ruffles with pipe-wrench*
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Friedman is what they call - a Shit-talker.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Not sure how Green can justify keeping Gaudette out of the line up. He’s gonna have a nice problem when Roussel returns and if everyone is healthy all the same, but then again it’s the NHL, injuries will happen, but man it’s been awhile since we’ve seen such good depth with some more quality prospects still on the way.

Pettersson and Hughes are gonna get paid. Benning will need those cheap entry level contracts from quality rookies to help off set the incoming cap battle. Probably see one of the goalies and Sutter dealt for picks and/or prospects after this season, maybe hold the Markstrom/Demko tandem until the end of next season when Pettersson snd Hughes get their massive pay raises
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Thing is Marky is going to want some term and coin on an extension. Demko only has 15 games under his belt. Sure he’s looked very good but that isn’t much of a sample size.

Sutter is resurrecting some value with his solid start to the season. Stecher will probably want in the 3 million range so you deal him for a pick at the draft. Hughes and Petterson’s contracts won’t kick in till 20/21. At the rate Petey is going he needs to be locked up next summer. 8 x 11 sound about right?

Yes I agree keep Gaudette in. Give Eriksson the hook and give Baertschi a shot. Louie is too slow.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The problem if we have Markstrom under contract past this season is we have to expose one of Markstrom or Demko to expansion.assuming of course Markstrom signs longer than one year. So lock him up if you can but no NMC. Then look at which one you want to trade before expansion.

A lot of contracts come off the books each year and within 3 we should be pretty well clear. The absolute key for Benning moving forward is to NOT sign anymore. Let contracts expire, trade what you can where you can, keep drafting and developing. In the next three years we will have more kids each season ready to make the jump.

Plus I don’t think we have any ego problems. These guys like each other and want to be here. We though Boeser would break the bank. He didn’t. Pettersson will get his, so will Hughes, but everyone looks manageable. Luongo’s recapture will be done in three years and the cap will hopefully go up each year. Benning has dodged a few bullets but he’s gotta be smarter moving forward so we don’t end up like the leaves.
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

You move Stecher for a pick or prospect and have an entry level contract to replace him

You replace Sutter with the lower cost Gaudette, trade Sutter for a pick

You sign and keep the Markstrom/Demko duo until the end of next season, enough sample size with Demko. Edler’s contract ends the same summer. Hopefully one or two of Juolevi, Tryamkin or Woo are taking jobs by then

Sign Tanev, the Hughes/Tanev convo looks too good. RS Woo replaces Stecher, LS Tryamkin or Juolevi replace Edler.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:07 am You move Stecher for a pick or prospect and have an entry level contract to replace him

You replace Sutter with the lower cost Gaudette, trade Sutter for a pick

You sign and keep the Markstrom/Demko duo until the end of next season, enough sample size with Demko. Edler’s contract ends the same summer. Hopefully one or two of Juolevi, Tryamkin or Woo are taking jobs by then

Sign Tanev, the Hughes/Tanev convo looks too good. RS Woo replaces Stecher, LS Tryamkin or Juolevi replace Edler.
Ya it’s all doable.
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:33 am Thing is Marky is going to want some term and coin on an extension. Demko only has 15 games under his belt. Sure he’s looked very good but that isn’t much of a sample size.

Sutter is resurrecting some value with his solid start to the season. Stecher will probably want in the 3 million range so you deal him for a pick at the draft. Hughes and Petterson’s contracts won’t kick in till 20/21. At the rate Petey is going he needs to be locked up next summer. 8 x 11 sound about right?

Yes I agree keep Gaudette in. Give Eriksson the hook and give Baertschi a shot. Louie is too slow.
The key pieces in future canucks dealings that have value.

Markstrom UFA, Stecher RFA, Virtanen? RFA
Eriksson might get shipped with one of them just to get rid of his cap hit, teams looking to add affordable young vets like JV or Stecher might just take on LE's cap, as his salary gets cheaper as these months go by.

I was hoping Marky might sign a one year deal to have a good goalie duo before Petey and Hughes get their new contracts, but you're right Marky might want that big contract to solidify his earnings and we can't afford that, while Demko is the cap friendly guy as he'll get a bridge and we can sign a veteran backup in the offseason.

If I was JB I'd confer with Ian Clark and Green to see if they think Demko can be a 50+ game goalie asap, so they can start the Marky transition outta here plan. Trade? let go UFA?

I look to the Blues in this regard as they traded Paul Stastny while still in playoff contention iirc 2018, they scooped up a couple picks, regrouped and won it all in 2019. This could be a similar scenario of trading Markstrom while his value is at it's highest.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I'm coming around to the idea of trading marky IF we can get something back of value. Demko looking ready to be a full time starter as hes not that young now. Its his time to shine...give him the reigns greenie.
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Michael DiPietro is only 20 years old and is 5-0 this year for Utica. GA-1.94 SP: 0.927. Not as though the cupboard is bare.
Not saying he'd be likely to make the team next year but it could allow for, say, a one-two yr. rental goalie to back-up Demko.
Markstrom will want to be paid handsomely and for long term this July. It's his biggy. Just the way it goes.
"evolution"