GDT: Canucks @ Quacks 01 Nov 2019 @ 19:00 PST on SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

GDT: Canucks @ Quacks 01 Nov 2019 @ 19:00 PST on SNP

Post by Meds »

Image Image

Rolling into the pond tonight on an 8-1-1 tear. Vancouver has scored 5 or more goals in each of their past 5 games. The Canucks have not done this since 1996.

Ducks are surprising everyone this young season with an 8-6-0 record.

The Pond has been an arena that Vancouver has struggled in over the past few seasons, but the same can be said of more than a few barns they have burnt down on the road this year already, so here's hoping they hood up and show up with their torches.

Should be a good game.

Sportsnet Preview: https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/games/2154190/
DHA
CC Veteran

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Quacks 01 Nov 2019 @ 19:00 PST on SNP

Post by DHA »

Thanks Mëds!

Can Hughes take sole possession of top Rookie Point getter tonight?

How does Gaudette return to action, is Sven a call up?

Im hoping to see the PP keep clicking as more chemistry builds and watch the evolution of the wingers in the 1-3-1. If Petey and Boeser keep switching sides as Drance has talked about from strong side to one timer side it's going to wreak havoc on the PP and having Miller in the middle with Bo as net along with Huggy dancing around I am expecting this PP to fight for top spot in NHL.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Ducks have superior goaltending than the Canucks and play the trap. If this game gets bogged down in the neutral zone, it could be a low scoring, slow boring affair and I don't like the Canuck's chances. If it opens up, the Canucks should dominate. This game is a toss up. I think the Canucks would be in an excellent position to make the playoffs if they can get 3 of 4 points this weekend, but it won't be easy. The teams they are playing will be desperate. Two points would still be a good road trip. But, if they don't get any more points on this trip they'll be in a battle to make the playoffs. Hugh couple of games to see where the Canucks will end up ranking in the Pacific because these are three teams fighting for the same playoff spots. These are true four point games, and the Canucks don't want to give up points to either of these teams. These are huge games! A couple wins in regulation would be awesome.

Go Canucks Go!
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cherry Picker wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:37 am Ducks have superior goaltending than the Canucks and play the trap. If this game gets bogged down in the neutral zone, it could be a low scoring, slow boring affair and I don't like the Canuck's chances. If it opens up, the Canucks should dominate. This game is a toss up. I think the Canucks would be in an excellent position to make the playoffs if they can get 3 of 4 points this weekend, but it won't be easy. The teams they are playing will be desperate. Two points would still be a good road trip. But, if they don't get any more points on this trip they'll be in a battle to make the playoffs. Hugh couple of games to see where the Canucks will end up ranking in the Pacific because these are three teams fighting for the same playoff spots. These are true four point games, and the Canucks don't want to give up points to either of these teams. These are huge games! A couple wins in regulation would be awesome.

Go Canucks Go!
That's an interesting way of looking at.....

Jacob Markstrom: 5-2-1 2.59 GAA .915 SV%
John Gibson: 5-6-0 2.66 GAA .920 SV%

Thatcher Demko: 3-1-0 1.76 GAA .941 SV%
Ryan Miller: 3-0-0 2.10 GAA .929SV%

Vancouver: 8-3-1 2.17 GAA .928SV%
Anaheim: 8-6-2 2.38 GAA .924 SV%

.....I mean that doesn't scream superior to me.

I agree that the game will be a toss up simply because Anaheim always plays us hard. It's in our favour though that we have a bunch of new faces on the roster who haven't been thoroughly dominated by the Ducks over the past 3-5 seasons. So they don't know better than to just go kick some ass.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Lines in morning skate:

Pearson-Horvat-Virtanen
Miller-Pettersson-Boeser
Leivo-Sutter-Gaudette
Schaller-Beagle-Eriksson

Baertschi >>there and tired.

Edler-Myers
Hughes-Tanev
Benn-Stecher
Sautner

That's all so far. Nice thread, Mëds...
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I saw that Lindholm is banged up...might be out.
If you need air...call it in
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:17 pm I saw that Lindholm is banged up...might be out.
Lindholm (lower body) will return to the lineup for Friday's game against Vancouver, Brendan Batchelor of Sportsnet 650 reports.

Hopefully Green reminds the boys that lower body injuries usually inhibit a degree of mobility and to try and drive wide around Lindholm.....oh and of course to throw the hip check on him at every opportunity!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Mëds wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:23 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:17 pm I saw that Lindholm is banged up...might be out.
Lindholm (lower body) will return to the lineup for Friday's game against Vancouver, Brendan Batchelor of Sportsnet 650 reports.

Hopefully Green reminds the boys that lower body injuries usually inhibit a degree of mobility and to try and drive wide around Lindholm.....oh and of course to throw the hip check on him at every opportunity!
Ya sounds like a groin to my red eye. He skipped the last game for them. Manson and Kase should be out as well.

So...Lindholm at 70%, Fowler, Guddy ( :lol: )....Nice.

This will be a game where tips and redirections win...hello Horvat and Miller!
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

When I said the Ducks have superior goaltending, it was not meant as a slight to Markstrom and Demko who have played very well, but just an acknowledgement that Gibson is one of the elite goalies in the NHL and could steal this game for the Ducks without surprising anyone. If I had all four goalies available to me and I had to put one in for game 7 of the Stanley Cup final, it would be an easy choice for me to go with Gibson. After that it would be a toss-up between Miller, Markstrom and Demko. The Ducks are 8-6 this year without a overly impressive line-up. If they didn't have Gibson, I think their record would be a lot worse. He is their one super star.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cherry Picker wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:43 pm When I said the Ducks have superior goaltending, it was not meant as a slight to Markstrom and Demko who have played very well, but just an acknowledgement that Gibson is one of the elite goalies in the NHL and could steal this game for the Ducks without surprising anyone. If I had all four goalies available to me and I had to put one in for game 7 of the Stanley Cup final, it would be an easy choice for me to go with Gibson. After that it would be a toss-up between Miller, Markstrom and Demko. The Ducks are 8-6 this year without a overly impressive line-up. If they didn't have Gibson, I think their record would be a lot worse. He is their one super star.
Miller is 3-0-0.....his winning percentage is significantly higher.

Gibson is 5-6-0.....cooking along at a .454 winning percentage is hardly reason to endorse the guy as elite or give credit for them being above .500.

I'm not saying Gibson isn't a good goaltender. And he's 8-2-1 all time against Vancouver. Just saying that this year the Canucks are a much different team than the one Gibson has faced since his first game against us in 2015-16.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Quinn Hughes speaks on radio 650am today from Anaheim;
https://www.sportsnet.ca/650/canucks-ce ... p-anaheim/

Pre-game; Green / Gaudette / Baertschi (not playing), from Anaheim. (videos)
https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/prega ... /c-4491542
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

It'll be interesting to see how Gaudette responds. He appeared to be laying it all out there before the demotion so not sure what more the kids got..
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Markstrom vs Gibson confirmed.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

And... moving right along. :)

Mick, check your private messages.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Mëds wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:58 pm Gibson is 5-6-0.....cooking along at a .454 winning percentage is hardly reason to endorse the guy as elite or give credit for them being above .500.

I'm not saying Gibson isn't a good goaltender. And he's 8-2-1 all time against Vancouver. Just saying that this year the Canucks are a much different team than the one Gibson has faced since his first game against us in 2015-16.
The Canuck offence will play him like a guitar! :look:

Btw... if you ever find yourselves in Umeå, I recommend a visit to this place:
https://www.guitarsthemuseum.com/
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.