The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 2:33 pm As I said they are too top heavy. They should trade Nylander and Kadri imho. Both guys are easily moveable
Insane to trade Nylander. He will have an amazing season next year. Never trade an early 20's blue chipper when his value is at it's lowest.

BTW, do people still think Nylander is millions overpaid? Brock Nelson 6 million, Skinner 9 million (63 points career high LOL).

leaves get the last laugh.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

micky107 wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 2:38 pm Well now there's a wee break between Dinosaurs and batters with .167 averages;
What's it gonna be. Tuna; Is Mitch sitting till November?
Mitch will sign a 5 year extension soon.

leaves will upset you haters. Instead of moving a nYlander and/or Marner they will move Zaitsev and Marleau.

Guess what GM signed those two? Easily the worst contracts on the leaves.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 1:48 pm It's unknown whether or not Dermott can become more than the 3rd pairing guy he has been for 2 seasons.

(also Dermott is out til Christmas, and it might be a tough season coming off shoulder surgery)

Liljegren can't even cut as an AHLer thus far.

Sandin had a great first season in the AHL

... but they might ruin him if they were to throw him into the NHL as a 19-year-old.

Maybe we should make a deal for their 2020 1st, might be a lottery pick. :wink:
Sorry, what? He looks very good.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 1:33 pm
ESQ wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 9:03 am So funny, the leaves are losing three of their top-4d, two as UFA and one will cost an asset to get rid of, when their D was their weak point, and will have no money to upgrade or even replace....

....and they think their window isn't closed! :towel:
Reilly and Muzzin are their top two. The rest of the blue line is garbage. Gardener is ok but I think Dermott could replace him or Hainsey or Zaitsev. They are banking on kids like Sandin or Liljegren to make the jump. It’s a thin group for sure. They need to move a forward or three. Too too heavy.
Or they are trading Marleau and Zaitsev to clear cap and are going after a very good RH DMan.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

BigTuna wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:09 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 2:33 pm As I said they are too top heavy. They should trade Nylander and Kadri imho. Both guys are easily moveable
Insane to trade Nylander. He will have an amazing season next year. Never trade an early 20's blue chipper when his value is at it's lowest.

BTW, do people still think Nylander is millions overpaid? Brock Nelson 6 million, Skinner 9 million (63 points career high LOL).

Leaves get the last laugh.
$7 million William - 7 goals
$8.5 million Skinner - 40 goals
$6 million Nelson - 25 goals
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

We’ve hooked a tuna again.
The only HW the Canucks need
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:16 am
BigTuna wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:09 am

Leaves get the last laugh.
$7 million William - 7 goals
$8.5 million Skinner - 40 goals
$6 million Nelson - 25 goals
Nelson has 1 50 point season at age 28. 1. He got 6 million per. NYlander is 22 and has never had less than 61 points in a full season.

I do not believe for a second you don't pick Nylander out of those 3 for the Canucks.

That Skinner deal is a disaster. Concussion issues and career high of 63 points. And his production dropped off a cliff in the 2nd half.
Nylander's shooting % won't be 5% again in his career.
Last edited by BigTuna on Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

BigTuna wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:15 am
ESQ wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 9:03 am So funny, the leaves are losing three of their top-4d, two as UFA and one will cost an asset to get rid of, when their D was their weak point, and will have no money to upgrade or even replace....

Reilly and Muzzin are their top two. The rest of the blue line is garbage. Gardener is ok but I think Dermott could replace him or Hainsey or Zaitsev. They are banking on kids like Sandin or Liljegren to make the jump. It’s a thin group for sure. They need to move a forward or three. Too too heavy.
Or they are trading Marleau and Zaitsev to clear cap and are going after a very good RH DMan.
They might get someone to eat Marleau’s deal for a year with a minor add. Zaitsev is a bottom pairing scrub. They will have to attach a good prospect or the 2020 1st to move him if they don’t want to take cap back. Otherwise they will have to take a similar shitty contract back. He’s Gudbranson signed to a five year term. It’s a horrendous contract.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:22 am
BigTuna wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:15 am

They might get someone to eat Marleau’s deal for a year with a minor add. Zaitsev is a bottom pairing scrub. They will have to attach a good prospect or the 2020 1st to move him if they don’t want to take cap back. Otherwise they will have to take a similar shitty contract back. He’s Gudbranson signed to a five year term. It’s a horrendous contract.
leaves are going for it. There will be a trade for a very good RH DMan. They will inquire about TRouba.

Haters don't want to discuss Marleau and Zaitsev. They want to fantasies they can't be moved and Marner is gone from an offersheet. Just laughable fantasy.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Like I said if Marleau accepts a deal he won’t be hard to move. They aren’t just going to ditch that whole garbage contract of Zaitsev’s without a significant add. If they don’t they’ll take an equally shitty deal back. Teams aren’t lining up to pay bottom pairing guys 4.5 over the next five years.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:41 pm
SKYO wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 1:43 pm "Dreger says on TSN1050 that he expects Marner's camp to take negotiations beyond July 1st.

He says he expects the Marner to visit teams starting June 26 in the RFA offersheet interview period.
BTW, 24 hours after Dreger "Broke" this story, his colleague Bob Mackenzie stated he doesn't believe offersheets will happen and he gave a shot to Dreger stating he was taught in journalism school just because a lawyer said he'd sue you, doesn't make it so.

Dreger painting it as Marner at 7 am on the 26th is on a private jet meeting with numerous teams to sign offersheets is hilarious.

I can't believe he's gone so over-the-top on offersheets. If there's none he'll get destroyed.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

BigTuna wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:24 amJust laughable fantasy.
Like you leave fantasies every July-April?
If you need air...call it in
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Do you pinheads realize Darren Dreger is using this offersheet garbage for clicks? You are falling for it.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

BigTuna wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:30 am Do you pinheads realize Darren Dreger is using this offersheet garbage for clicks? You are falling for it.
Do you still maintain your unjustified faith in little boy blew dumbass?
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Matthews, Tavares, Marner, Kadri, Reilly, Muzzin, Nylander, Marleau, Anderson, Babcock. Maxed payroll and they still get ass-fucked by the Bruins in the first round. But all is well in Toronto
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau