2020 NHL Draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: 2020 NHL Draft

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Anywhere in the 2020 lottery zone you are getting a very good prospect. So we very good if we don’t make the playoffs. If we do make the playoffs I believe Tampa will take our 2020 first. The 2021 draft class is looking very stinky.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:45 am Anywhere in the 2020 lottery zone you are getting a very good prospect. So we very good if we don’t make the playoffs. If we do make the playoffs I believe Tampa will take our 2020 first. The 2021 draft class is looking very stinky.
So you now agree with me that it’s a strong deep draft.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:06 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:45 am Anywhere in the 2020 lottery zone you are getting a very good prospect. So we very good if we don’t make the playoffs. If we do make the playoffs I believe Tampa will take our 2020 first. The 2021 draft class is looking very stinky.
So you now agree with me that it’s a strong deep draft.
The lottery zone is.

We are protected

Plus we got Miller

Tampa is taking a gamble that a Zary or a Sourdiff non lottery type 2020 pick will turn out better than JT Miller. You and I will probably have Dementia by then. Who cares. I only care about the lottery zone which is excellent and we own it if we don’t make the playoffs. :mex:
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:25 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:20 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:15 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:12 pm If they don’t make the playoffs, Elmer is toast.
If we don’t make the playoffs you get your 2020 lottery pick
I’d love a top 5 pick next year. It’s a great draft.
It’s an ok draft In the top 5 regarding the 2 Canadians, 2 Swedes and 1 Finn but after that it’s meh. Certainly nowhere near the 2015 draft
Up and down like Rosie Rottencrotch’s spandex
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Adjustments
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

It’s not like Benning pulled a Calgary by not lottery protecting his 2020 first in what has turned out to be a very strong class like the 2018 class. Who would you rather have “stud” Hamonic or JT Miller? :lol: We won’t have to worry about missing out on a Noah Dobson. Speaking of Dobson where is he? You liked him and Bouchard more than Hughes Doyle Holland
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:54 am It’s not like Benning pulled a Calgary by not lottery protecting his 2020 first in what has turned out to be a very strong class like the 2018 class. Who would you rather have “stud” Hamonic or JT Miller? :lol: We won’t have to worry about missing out on a Noah Dobson. Speaking of Dobson where is he? You liked him and Bouchard more than Hughes Doyle Holland
I just pointed out that you didn’t have a clue what you were talking about when you were blathering about the “meh” 2020 NHL draft class. No idea what the rest of your diatribe is about.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

All that matter as of now

The 2020 lottery pick is protected, unlike Calgary in 2018

The 2020 lottery zone has turned out to be very excellent, Chef admits he was wrong about the next tier after the top 5

Who cares if we make the playoffs and Tampa takes the pick, we got Miller, not Hamonic. I will take Miller over what may or may not come of the 2020 non lottery pick Tampa may take

The 2021 draft class is looking very bad

The 2022 and 2023 look very good with apparent generational talent like Savoie and Bedard coming out of. There is nothing close to Generational in 2021
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Benning said recently he thinks the organization had enough prospects to trade the 1st. His legacy will be built on this core not the next one. I see a GM who has some leverage in trades coming up and will probably trade futures again to support this core.

BTW Travis Hamonic is a damn good player and would liok fuckin wicked on VCRs D Dude. Whats with you always harshing on seemingly random players?
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:39 pm

BTW Travis Hamonic is a damn good player
:lol: you should stop buying weed laced with Fentanyl.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

But just for fun imagine winning 1st overall in 2020? lol

Lafreniere - Pettersson - Virtanen
Miller - Horvat - Boeser

:o

Lafreniere and Petey wouldn't be fair.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:13 pm But just for fun imagine winning 1st overall in 2020? lol

Miller - Horvat - Boeser

Quinton Byfield
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:46 pm
SKYO wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:13 pm But just for fun imagine winning 1st overall in 2020? lol

Miller - Horvat - Boeser

Quinton Byfield
Yeah dude is being compared to a Lindros lite, a big fast talented center.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:46 pm

Miller - Horvat - Boeser

Quinton Byfield
Trade Horvat
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

So 30 + games of being in the playoff race this season. It would be nice to finally get some lottery luck in April and get a top 2 pick.