CC Random thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Per
CC Legend
Posts: 4732
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: CC Random thread

Post by Per » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:38 pm

As random as it gets....

Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9524
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: CC Random thread

Post by micky107 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:51 pm

That's great Per !!! :lol:
"evolution"

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 10956
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: CC Random thread

Post by SKYO » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:05 pm

here ya go royal dude.

Image
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 21919
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: CC Random thread

Post by Strangelove » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:47 pm

https://www.tmj4.com/news/national/bed- ... nulmIfw-e2
Bed Bath & Beyond pulls black jack-o'-lanterns following blackface complaints

Retailer Bed Bath & Beyond has removed black jack-o'-lanterns after blackface complaints.

Objections first arose in Nyack, New York. A Halloween display in front of a law firm was taken down in Nyack because the jack-o'-lanterns upset some community members.

Wilbur Aldridge, a regional director with the NAACP, says it shows "an extreme lack of sensitivity."

“If you're going to Bed Bath & Beyond, you don't think they're going to be selling offensive material,” Marzolla said.

Bed Bath & Beyond apologized, saying that any offense was unintentional and that they've "immediately removed" the pumpkins from sale.
Crazy, right?

Now, how long before a person of colour complains:

"WHAT? Only orange pumpkins, no black pumpkins for sale at this store? THAT'S RACIST!!"

Oopsie did I just build a strawman #5? :sly:

It's a mad mad mad mad world, you've gotta laugh at this shit (and CNN)...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 10956
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: CC Random thread

Post by SKYO » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:09 pm

A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
5thhorseman
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1573
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: CC Random thread

Post by 5thhorseman » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:01 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:47 pm
https://www.tmj4.com/news/national/bed- ... nulmIfw-e2
Bed Bath & Beyond pulls black jack-o'-lanterns following blackface complaints

Retailer Bed Bath & Beyond has removed black jack-o'-lanterns after blackface complaints.

Objections first arose in Nyack, New York. A Halloween display in front of a law firm was taken down in Nyack because the jack-o'-lanterns upset some community members.

Wilbur Aldridge, a regional director with the NAACP, says it shows "an extreme lack of sensitivity."

“If you're going to Bed Bath & Beyond, you don't think they're going to be selling offensive material,” Marzolla said.

Bed Bath & Beyond apologized, saying that any offense was unintentional and that they've "immediately removed" the pumpkins from sale.
Crazy, right?

Now, how long before a person of colour complains:

"WHAT? Only orange pumpkins, no black pumpkins for sale at this store? THAT'S RACIST!!"

Oopsie did I just build a strawman #5? :sly:

It's a mad mad mad mad world, you've gotta laugh at this shit (and CNN)...
LOL, does my new BFF think I am black? 😃😃😃

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 21919
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: CC Random thread

Post by Strangelove » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:14 pm

5thhorseman wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:01 pm
LOL, does my new BFF think I am black? 😃😃😃
Why would you think that I think that? :?
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
5thhorseman
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1573
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: CC Random thread

Post by 5thhorseman » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:21 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:14 pm
5thhorseman wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:01 pm
LOL, does my new BFF think I am black? 😃😃😃
Why would you think that I think that? :?
No need to play the fool, BFF. Reefy's got that covered. 😉

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 5027
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: CC Random thread

Post by Reefer2 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:32 pm

5thhorseman wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:21 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:14 pm
5thhorseman wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:01 pm
LOL, does my new BFF think I am black? 😃😃😃
Why would you think that I think that? :?
No need to play the fool, BFF. Reefy's got that covered. 😉
For sure man

User avatar
5thhorseman
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1573
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: CC Random thread

Post by 5thhorseman » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:38 pm

Image

Fuck off Reefer!

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 21919
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: CC Random thread

Post by Strangelove » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:44 pm

Image
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 10956
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: CC Random thread

Post by SKYO » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:52 pm

LoL horseman
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 5027
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: CC Random thread

Post by Reefer2 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:06 pm

5thhorseman wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:38 pm
Image

Fuck off Reefer!
Lol, sure.

Glad I made a list?

But then does not say much about the person making the list? No?

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 8569
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: CC Random thread

Post by The Brown Wizard » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:41 pm

5thhorseman wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:38 pm
Image

Fuck off Reefer!
:lol:
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Per
CC Legend
Posts: 4732
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: CC Random thread

Post by Per » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:18 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:47 pm
https://www.tmj4.com/news/national/bed- ... nulmIfw-e2
Bed Bath & Beyond pulls black jack-o'-lanterns following blackface complaints

Retailer Bed Bath & Beyond has removed black jack-o'-lanterns after blackface complaints.

Objections first arose in Nyack, New York. A Halloween display in front of a law firm was taken down in Nyack because the jack-o'-lanterns upset some community members.

Wilbur Aldridge, a regional director with the NAACP, says it shows "an extreme lack of sensitivity."

“If you're going to Bed Bath & Beyond, you don't think they're going to be selling offensive material,” Marzolla said.

Bed Bath & Beyond apologized, saying that any offense was unintentional and that they've "immediately removed" the pumpkins from sale.
Crazy, right?

Now, how long before a person of colour complains:

"WHAT? Only orange pumpkins, no black pumpkins for sale at this store? THAT'S RACIST!!"

Oopsie did I just build a strawman #5? :sly:

It's a mad mad mad mad world, you've gotta laugh at this shit (and CNN)...
Next thing you know some Trump supporter will complain the orange pumpkins are poking fun at the president....
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

Post Reply