22/10/19: Canucks vs Red Wings > 4:30pm > SN360

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: 22/10/19: Canucks vs Red Wings > 4:30pm > SN360

Post by Mickey107 »

This pose is getting familiar

The Canucks scored five third-period goals for the sixth time in franchise history and first since April 15, 1993
3rd Period Hat Tricks: Canucks history
Cliff Ronning: Apr 15, 1993 vs LA
Alexander Mogilny: Dec 22, 1995 vs Anaheim
Markus Naslund: Apr 11, 2002 vs LA
Bo Horvat: Tonight vs Detroit
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

https://streamable.com/v4kpf# Horvat

https://streamable.com/kdp5u# Horvat

https://streamable.com/2wp06# Virtanen

https://streamable.com/yla4r# Schaller

https://streamable.com/jzz33# Horvat
https://preview.redd.it/u8928o2b87u31.g ... 2e09b7d692
Satiar Shah
Hearing Sautner is staying back in Detroit and will join the Comets tomorrow #Canucks
8:36 PM · Oct 22, 2019
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

“What a comeback,” Canucks coach Travis Green marvelled. “Wow.”

Nice post-game Trav; :oops: Could have been a wee bit more prepared in the first.

Shots 41-33 in Canucks favor. Great to see Horvat get his season back on track in just two games. Markstrom still had to be good.
Plenty I didn't like in the first two periods. Doesn't matter. End of a weird road trip.

Hughes has one of the best, most explosive skating strides I've seen in a Canuck jersey. Kids unreal.
http://forum.canucks.com/applications/c ... 5331729ed7
Last edited by Mickey107 on Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

Only saw the highlights, but I noticed the player movement on the PP, with Pettersson switching into the bumper position on Horvat’s first goal. More than just switching alignment for the PP, I think the in-play switching and movement of players between positions in the 1-3-1 will be key for the unit’s success moving forward. Good thing the 1st unit has the players who are versatile and skilled enough to do that.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:54 pm Timmy!!!! From the Alien.
Who needs Ferkland, Jimothy Timothy, Bearcheese or Golds, Tool Time Timmy Schaller is the man to play with the Alien + Brockstar. :P

WB HW! :D
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Baubles is seeking a new whipping boy after Genius Jim, Sutter, Beagle, Schaller et al have left him scarred.

Will Meyers be gentler on Baubles baby soft thin skin........my spidey sense see's a re-ron of Baubles recent meltdown.

Down by 2, third period of the last game of a roadtrip against a doormat team. I wonder what was said and by who after the second period.

Markstrom and Demko have been the stars to date.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Topper wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:56 am
Whoever we have a goaltending coach is worth their weight in gold. Is it still Ian Clarke?

There were questions this offseason about what we would have in Markstrom to start the year. I think those concerns can be put to bed. Markstrom came back playing the same vezina calibre game he ended the year with.
If you need air...call it in
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

My first time to see Hughes this season and wow call me impressed. I am super excited to watch him this season. I glad he is on the #1 PP. I think the PP is going to start to connect more regularly. Still needs time to get everyone on the same page and being more automatic.

Great goaltending. And goaltending is part of the team. Without good/great goaltending, well no team can win consistently. Without it early this season we lose a few more games. But it’s part of what makes a team a winning team. It’s nice to have two goalies you are comfortable taking the net.

Our D is noticeably better this year but there are still warts. We still have shifts where we get running around, too many in a game. But overall much improved.

Nice for Bo to get that hat trick. He’s leading by example right now. Maybe Jake is a good line mate for him?

Not concerned yet about Peterson or Boeser yet. I think as Bo’s line develops and solidifies into a consistent threat there will be more space for Peterson and Boeser. I also think they will start to get points on the PP.

I like what I saw from Sutter, Beagle and Motte. Other than his goal, and it was a big goal for us, I wasn’t impressed with Schaller.

Myers is BIG.

Very impressive how they man handled the wings in the third. Fun to watch.
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:56 am Baubles is seeking a new whipping boy after Genius Jim, Sutter, Beagle, Schaller et al have left him scarred.

Will Meyers be gentler on Baubles baby soft thin skin........my spidey sense see's a re-ron of Baubles recent meltdown.

Down by 2, third period of the last game of a roadtrip against a doormat team. I wonder what was said and by who after the second period.

And every one of the players/staff I’ve taken a bat to have earned it. Sutter and Beagle still can’t pass a puck to save their lives. Myers is a serviceable top 4 d man. How is saying that making him a whipping boy?

I think you should try watching the games before you eat peyote. Your drivel hardly makes sense anymore.

Spider sense? Meltdowns? You ARE right in that age range where Arachnid lost his shit. Remember to chew your food and drink lots of water.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

It will be interesting to see how the Canucks do against some better teams in the next month. Still too many grade A chances given up but at least they are entertaining at times and the young guys are getting better by leaps and bounds
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:44 am It will be interesting to see how the Canucks do against some better teams in the next month. Still too many grade A chances given up but at least they are entertaining at times and the young guys are getting better by leaps and bounds
Well they did beat St. Louis.

But agreed. The test will be when they have a run of games against better teams.
The only HW the Canucks need
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Thomas Drance"
Bo Horvat on the sequence breaking up a scrum between Quinn Hughes and Filip Hronek in the third period: "He had him in a headlock and you can't do that to our rookies. You learn that in this league... I didn't want to fight or anything, just wanted to step in and break it up."
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Thomas Drance"
Canucks' Quinn Hughes on what Horvat jumping in meant to him:

"It means a lot to know the guys have my back, which they've let me know. It's kind of a 'together group', I've been on some of those teams, but college is different... Here it's all about the 2 points every night."
8:17 PM - Oct 22, 2019
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:09 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:44 am It will be interesting to see how the Canucks do against some better teams in the next month. Still too many grade A chances given up but at least they are entertaining at times and the young guys are getting better by leaps and bounds

But agreed. The test will be when they have a run of games against better teams.
But I was under the impression that the Rangers, Devils and Wings have had better management and are miles ahead better at the rebuild? Shouldn’t they be beating us in their own building?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:28 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:09 am

But I was under the impression that the Rangers, Devils and Wings have had better management and are miles ahead better at the rebuild? Shouldn’t they be beating us in their own building?
Where are you gathering these impressions from?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:28 pm
Gillis drafted Horvat
If you need air...call it in