Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ESQ
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by ESQ »

I wonder if the Benn rumour ties into green's weird comment about a move coming but the player hadn't been informed yet. Did anything come of that?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:46 am I'll throw this down for you Skyo...

Jamie Benn, Julius Honka and Ben Bishop to Vancouver

For

Thatcher Demko, Loui Eriksson(cap space), Juolevi and Jake Virtanen
Take out Bishop and Demko + OJ.

Benn (9.5) + Honka (RFA)
for
Virtanen (1.25), Stecher (2.325), Eriksson (6) = $9.575M

Benn is really not happy in Dallas after the owner called him out big time, he'll rebound with a change of scenery.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Benn stinks, he turns 31 in July and will make $9.5 million a year for the next 5 seasons after this season. Stay the fuck away
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:44 pm Benn stinks, he turns 31 in July and will make $9.5 million a year for the next 5 seasons after this season. Stay the fuck away
Jamie Benn is an elite player and give us another power winger who has scored 79, 87, 89, 69, 79 and 53 points in consecutive years.

The Dallas Stars team was toxic last year, the owner Tom Gaglardi and CEO Jim Lites rippin' on Benn + Seguin, saying they're play was terrible and horseshit, the coach saying his team was fucking embarrassed.

And all that going to the public.

Who would want to work for an employer like that who just calls you out to the masses lol.

I imagine Benn playing beside Petey and Boeser would be a better version of the West Coast Express, and then Bo could have Miller and Pearson as his linemates.

Getting Benn now would be buying low, perfect opportunity to buy that "stock" as his play and value will go back up once he's dealt.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Extreme horse trading Skyo.
You think the Aquilini's and Jimbro have the Moxie?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:44 pm Benn stinks, he turns 31 in July and will make $9.5 million a year for the next 5 seasons after this season. Stay the fuck away
Wouldn't think those will be elite years. Never make it work anyways.
"evolution"
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

RD, you are bang on. I dunno what problem getting Benn solves, but it creates a few problems. We get an aging unhappy super star, give up young assets, and in return, we get a season of good hockey, and 4 or 5 years of hugely over-paid production with a buy-out proof contract. This is a playstation trade, not an NHL trade.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Tciso wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:19 am This is a Skyo special needs trade, not an NHL trade.
Fyp
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Carlyee »

Tciso wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:19 am
RD, you are bang on. I dunno what problem getting Benn solves, but it creates a few problems. We get an aging unhappy super star, give up young assets, and in return, we get a season of good hockey, and 4 or 5 years of hugely over-paid production with a buy-out proof contract. This is a playstation trade, not an NHL trade.
Besides I love Miller on the first line. He's exactly what they need.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:34 am
Tciso wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:19 am This is a Skyo special needs trade, not an NHL trade.
Fyp
This is the place for out there trade blather Blobert. Don't put runs in our doobie man
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:10 am
Fyp
This is the place for out there trade blather Blobert. Don't put runs in our doobie man
I’m just worried about what’s in that dube

Count me as a fan of Benn but his contract is a poison pill.

Hargraves is here to help.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:58 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:10 am
Fyp
I’m just worried about what’s in that dube

Count me as a fan of Benn but his contract is a poison pill.

Hargraves is here to help.
5 years of Benn > 3 years Loui

Benn is still a durable elite scoring winger who would play his guts out for us. He would be 36 at the end of it but in that time we win a cup or 2...He also sticks up for his teammates and will even throw down if it comes down to that.

BOLD moves like that are made by teams that win cups bro
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

SKYO wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:30 pm
Jamie Benn is an elite player and give us another power winger who has scored 79, 87, 89, 69, 79 and 53 points in consecutive years.

The Dallas Stars team was toxic last year, the owner Tom Gaglardi and CEO Jim Lites rippin' on Benn + Seguin, saying they're play was terrible and horseshit, the coach saying his team was fucking embarrassed.

Who would want to work for an employer like that who just calls you out to the masses lol.

I imagine Benn playing beside Petey and Boeser would be a better version of the West Coast Express, and then Bo could have Miller and Pearson as his linemates.

Getting Benn now would be buying low, perfect opportunity to buy that "stock" as his play and value will go back up once he's dealt.
Let’s not forget seguin is a locker room cancer, benn doesn’t want to be a team leader if he came here he wouldn’t have to be, he’d return to form playing with horvat or Petey, he’s probably overpaid but I don’t think he’s fallen off a cliff as far as talent and skill goes. The only way it works for us though is if we got a legit replacement for sutter on the cheap (don’t know if Gaudette is there yet) or Dallas retains salary.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Richardstroker69 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:05 am

Let’s not forget seguin is a locker room cancer, benn doesn’t want to be a team leader if he came here he wouldn’t have to be, he’d return to form playing with horvat or Petey, he’s probably overpaid but I don’t think he’s fallen off a cliff as far as talent and skill goes. The only way it works for us though is if we got a legit replacement for sutter on the cheap (don’t know if Gaudette is there yet) or Dallas retains salary.
Yes! Sutter and Eriksson going that way as the cap space with Gaudette grabbing the 3c slot permanently.

The stars have to see something that helps their team tho so we will need to pony up futures...is virtanen and juolevi really going to cut it? Probably not a hope in hell
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:10 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:05 am

Yes! Sutter and Eriksson going that way as the cap space with Gaudette grabbing the 3c slot permanently.

The stars have to see something that helps their team tho so we will need to pony up futures...is virtanen and juolevi really going to cut it? Probably not a hope in hell
If it worked out, a top 6 with benn, Miller, bo, Pearson, ferland is a heavy tough group. Throw in the return of tyramkin along with Myers and edler that’s becoming a beefy d group. Gaudette could center a line of baertschi and leivo/MacEwen/Goldobin, and a bottom line of beagle motte Schaller/jasek/madden/Lind