GDT: Canucks at Devils Oct 19 10:00 AM

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
dangler
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1239
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:31 pm
Location: Commercial Drive Coffee shop

Re: GDT: Canucks at Devils Oct 19 10:00 AM

Post by dangler » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:16 pm

Petey had very little exp. playing center
Loui is tougher to get rid of than ear hair

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15818
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: GDT: Canucks at Devils Oct 19 10:00 AM

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:36 pm

dangler wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:16 pm
Petey had very little exp. playing center
He played both wing and centre coming up. In his draft year and the year after he mostly played the wing. I think he had a fair bit more time in the middle than Adam had playing the wing
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
dangler
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1239
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:31 pm
Location: Commercial Drive Coffee shop

Re: GDT: Canucks at Devils Oct 19 10:00 AM

Post by dangler » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:21 pm

Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:36 pm
dangler wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:16 pm
Petey had very little exp. playing center
He played both wing and centre coming up. In his draft year and the year after he mostly played the wing. I think he had a fair bit more time in the middle than Adam had playing the wing
Greens played Gaudette on the wing before.
Why not now?
I don't really care if & where he plays,as long as the line-up is changed, because it wasn't working today and a shake-up/wakeup is in order.
Loui is tougher to get rid of than ear hair

griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star
Posts: 400
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: GDT: Canucks at Devils Oct 19 10:00 AM

Post by griz » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:56 pm

Alien + Goldy

Bo + Bearcheese

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 10946
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: GDT: Canucks at Devils Oct 19 10:00 AM

Post by SKYO » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:45 pm

dangler wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:21 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:36 pm
dangler wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:16 pm
Petey had very little exp. playing center
He played both wing and centre coming up. In his draft year and the year after he mostly played the wing. I think he had a fair bit more time in the middle than Adam had playing the wing
Greens played Gaudette on the wing before.
Why not now?
I don't really care if & where he plays,as long as the line-up is changed, because it wasn't working today and a shake-up/wakeup is in order.
Doyle doesn't understand its easy to switch from center to wing versus putting a winger at center, it's a lot less work on wing with less responsibility, it's why you see Team Canada gold medal teams have multiple centers play wing and dominate.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9454
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: GDT: Canucks at Devils Oct 19 10:00 AM

Post by micky107 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:19 am

.
You can always find something :hmmm:

Hughes on Hughes Canucks

https://twitter.com/dooley_matt_/status ... 5034253313
"evolution"

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15818
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: GDT: Canucks at Devils Oct 19 10:00 AM

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:49 am

SKYO wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:45 pm
dangler wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:21 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:36 pm
dangler wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:16 pm
Petey had very little exp. playing center
He played both wing and centre coming up. In his draft year and the year after he mostly played the wing. I think he had a fair bit more time in the middle than Adam had playing the wing
Greens played Gaudette on the wing before.
Why not now?
I don't really care if & where he plays,as long as the line-up is changed, because it wasn't working today and a shake-up/wakeup is in order.
Doyle doesn't understand its easy to switch from center to wing versus putting a winger at center, it's a lot less work on wing with less responsibility, it's why you see Team Canada gold medal teams have multiple centers play wing and dominate.
Those are word class players. Gaudette in the same class as guys like that? There are different routes, different guys to pick up in the backcheck, different positioning. Not saying he won’t one day be able to do it but even the kid himself has said he hasn’t played the wing in years.

Skyo is the one who doesn’t understand.

No shit it’s an easier position to play but the transition isn’t seamless and it doesn’t happen overnight. For instance I think Bo Horvat could be a good winger if he was ever needed there but he’s a lot better of a player, a lot stronger and a lot more seasoned than Adam Gaudette.


Sure let’s just fire him on the wing of the top line. Seems like a wonderful idea. :lol:
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 10946
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: GDT: Canucks at Devils Oct 19 10:00 AM

Post by SKYO » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:46 am

Doyle Hargraves wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:49 am
SKYO wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:45 pm
its easy to switch from center to wing versus putting a winger at center, it's a lot less work on wing with less responsibility
No shit it’s an easier position to play
Agreed yo.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

Post Reply