GDT: Canucks at Devils Oct 19 10:00 AM

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks at Devils Oct 19 10:00 AM

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:05 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:41 pm Ferkland is looking like a ferk up of a signing...
Stop it

Be more concerned about Bo and Brock
A chippy game seemingly made for the dog ferker...where was he?

Brock looks like holding out did make a difference. Pettersson is more of a worry I will agree. The guy seems to have lost his quickness or something...
If you need air...call it in
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

By the end of it, Pettersson looked pretty frustrated by the Devil's system and physicality on his line.

Don't know what the analytics will say, but Bo's line was muscled off the puck all day. Couldn't win the little battles to keep play alive. Especially poor was Pearson and Leivo was doing his usual Leivo-ing.

Third line completely lost. What should be their forte was not. Is that why Green hardly played them? Was it because they weren't going to generate anything?

Demko was really good... again.

D wasn't so good. Devils forechecking harrassed them into poor passes and breakouts. Edler had one of his "outstanding" games that he's known for. It's only going downhill for him.

Coaches still haven't addressed the powerplay. You only saw Hughes in the beginning because Brain DEdler was sitting. They've literally lost points this season because of pure pig-headedness and not being willing to adapt.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I thought Hughes was on the top unit all night (after the change up)
If you need air...call it in
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:42 pm I thought Hughes was on the top unit all night (after the change up)
Yes, you're right. Hughes did take over after that.

I meant you only saw them change up because Edler sat. Their hands were forced, not because they wanted to. After that they stuck with it because clearly it hasn't been working with Edler running PP1.

It'll be interesting to see if they go back to the old standby @NYR.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Miller - Petey - Gaudette
Pearson - Horvat - Boeser
Ferland - Sutter - Leivo
Schaller - Beagle - Virtanen

Anything to jump start Horvat's slow start and give Petey some fresh energy with Gaudette who was on fire in the preseason.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Better luck tomorrow!
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Petey and Boeser are not clicking right now. I’d put Brock back with Horvat who is struggling offensively as well. Keep Miller with Pettersson, I like those two together.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

SKYO wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:08 pm Miller - Petey - Gaudette
Ferland - Sutter - Leivo

Anything to jump start Horvat's slow start and give Petey some fresh energy with Gaudette who was on fire in the preseason.
Sub Leivo with JV or bring up Bear next week. Can’t have too many 1 dimension players that only get 7-8 mins of ice time. Need more offensive skills.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

This game is summed up easily.

Terrible fucking powerplay.....again.

Far too little personnel movement on the man-advantage. Puck dies up top and nobody is moving around to create cross-lane seams.

Pettersson looked frustrated? Yeah. Sure. Try hitting the net though rather than whistle it wide time and again.

Edler back to double-clutching and second guessing every shot from the point. Despite his good start on the PP this year, Edler should be moved down in favour of Hughes. Between Quinn, Boeser, and Pettersson, we have someone who can release a one-timer more often than not when the pass is decently delivered.....that is something Edler just has proven relatively incapable of doing unless the pass is absolutely perfect.

Blackwood was not tested more than a few times.

Demko deserved a better fate.

NYR is a better team than NJ.....I suspect we will get eaten alive in the Garden tomorrow.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:28 pm Petey and Boeser are not clicking right now. I’d put Brock back with Horvat who is struggling offensively as well. Keep Miller with Pettersson, I like those two together.
Did you settle up the bill?

I saw you arguing with Rosie when I went for a leak and then you left.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:04 am Alright, today JV will score his 1st goal of the season, 1st line will dominate again with 3 goals.
Reefer2 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:40 am I feel some goals coming.
:scowl:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Maybe Brock could be a little faster, it's not bad though, but he and Miller were the only ones trying new looks, changing positions, MOVING, trying

to get a clean shot for themselves or anyone else, (other than Edler and I'm not too sure Edler doesn't wing it a bit).

Pretty close to saying Pettersson has the bewilderment thing starting up a wee bit. For starters, and for the time being only, I'd say get the puck

on net and keep it a bit lower. Just till he gets the alien thing back. Look at most of the elite goal scorers. When they're in slumps, most of the

time, their shots are higher than usual. The other thing is he looked a little confused in the neutral zone. That leads me to believe there's some

faulty additional coaching going on in practice drills and I'm not sure that's Green. In fact, I damned close to saying there should be some

changes in the way they prepare for "certain" games and not just the fact they have back to back. Weren't ready for the Devils close checking.

Hughes looked OK with more responsibility but he too got frustrated.

F**k it, the sky isn't falling but a game like that leaves a little angst in the players.

Maybe Gaudette gets a chance if for no other reason then a breathe of fresh air. My angst will grow a smidge if it's LE but another effort like that

and.......? Jolly good for Thatcher though, uh?
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Ferland - Sutter - Leivo

I like those top 2 lines,be worth a try
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

dangler wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:39 pm
Ferland - Sutter - Leivo

I like those top 2 lines,be worth a try
Gaudette has very little experience playing the wing

Maybe Skyo will want him to play D or goal next
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”