Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Youdels. You know how you screw the next GM taking over from you? By only drafting one NHL caliber player in 6 drafts. And that player came via a trade. Just awful
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Apparently, Jawn Jang and Rick Dhaliwal have been let go by Rogers

Didn't mind Jang too much, thought he fit in nicely with Sat -

Kinda glad I don't have to listen to Dhaliwal in the morning anymore, just hope he remains and insider and continues to report the news over twitter.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:57 pm Youdels. You know how you screw the next GM taking over from you? By only drafting one NHL caliber player in 6 drafts. And that player came via a trade. Just awful
Well the pick came via trade but the GM made the selection...no matter how much it disturbs you :lol:

As an asssside...heard moj and taylor todaytalking the 2014 draft and apparently GMMG was eyeing Dylan Larkin not Jakey at 6.

Too bad the guidos didnt hold off til after the draft to flush eyebags...or would he have fucked up on Demko and napkin? More than likely he would've
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

vic wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:39 pm Apparently, Jawn Jang and Rick Dhaliwal have been let go by Rogers

Didn't mind Jang too much, thought he fit in nicely with Sat -

Kinda glad I don't have to listen to Dhaliwal in the morning anymore, just hope he remains and insider and continues to report the news over twitter.
Oh wow! bit of a surprize https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/n ... cuts-staff
"evolution"
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:48 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:57 pm Youdels. You know how you screw the next GM taking over from you? By only drafting one NHL caliber player in 6 drafts. And that player came via a trade. Just awful
Well the pick came via trade but the GM made the selection...no matter how much it disturbs you :lol:

As an asssside...heard moj and taylor todaytalking the 2014 draft and apparently GMMG was eyeing Dylan Larkin not Jakey at 6.

Too bad the guidos didnt hold off til after the draft to flush eyebags...or would he have fucked up on Demko and napkin? More than likely he would've
Oh fuck, sounds like some hindsight revisionist history from redface neckbeard to keep his name in the GM hiring circle. Sure, he was eyeing Larkin :roll:

Honestly, do you believe a regime that drafted 1st rounders Hodgson (best of the bunch), Schroeder, Jensen and Gaunce really has that insight into player drafting and development? Everyone in the scouting department who was there before and after were much better. Not a coincidence.

Two years of screwing up the goalie situation to draft Horvat but to lose a prime piece in Schneider. Sideways move. I'll even bet Lou was the one who initiated that trade.

Even a blind squirrel will find his nuts once.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Horvat for Schneider was a great trade.

But isn’t this a media thread?

I won’t miss Dhaliwal’s Don Cherry shtick in the morning.

Should have punted the other two mouth breathers on that am show too.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Perry Solkowski needs a good canning.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:20 pm Perry Solkowski needs a good canning.
I'm with blob that Dhaliwal was the worst of the bunch, Solkowski is useless but Dhalwiwal was offensively bad
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:19 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:20 pm Perry Solkowski needs a good canning.
I'm with blob that Dhaliwal was the worst of the bunch, Solkowski is useless but Dhalwiwal was offensively bad
I think he’s fine doing updates and twitter but he doesn’t have the skill to do a show. I actually think Walker and Rintoul is a decent show. And I like Randip Janda
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

I honestly can't believe the dummy from 650 is the same guy with the can't-miss tweets, what did he used to be, News1130? He's definitely got a voice and personality for print media.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Was that Randip Janda who interviewed Biega during the intermission?

That was horrible.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hank wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:35 pm Was that Randip Janda who interviewed Biega during the intermission?

That was horrible.
He sounds like he has a mouthful of sand when he talks but on that station he’s probably the third best host. To be honest they should kill the TEAM 1040 and amalgamate the decent hosts and do two or three shows and a postgame show and fill in with US programming. There isn’t near enough talent to spread over two stations. And to boot they killed all American content on both stations. They both shove the local teams down our throats 24-7-365.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Slight redemption on the JT Miller interview.

To be fair, Irfan Gaffar was even worse when he started doing the in-between periods stuff.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Sportsnet 650 cuts staff, including veteran Rick Dhaliwal, and shuffles host lineup
https://nationalpost.com/sports/hockey/ ... 2bbbacf07e
Different source ^^^^ more in depth.

will Dave Pratt ever get another vancouver sports radio gig ?

LOL: Well that didn't take long ;)
TSN Radio Vancouver
Make sure to tune into @DonnieandTheMoj today at 1:45 PM for a special announcement.http://player.tsn1040.ca

TSN Vancouver 1040
TSN 1040 Voice of Vancouver Sports: with the city’s best coverage of Canucks, Lions, Whitecaps, Giants, C's, Stealth, Mariners, Seahawks and NFL. TSN 1040 is part of iHeartRADIO.

Rick Dhaliwal
@DhaliwalSports
👀👀

11:42 AM - Oct 16, 2019
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Done!!! Listening to Rick Dhaliwal right now on TSN 1040 am just now, he will be on afternoons Mondays to Fridays.
Promises lots of Canucks stuff and interviews. (well there is a contract, Rick.) :oops:
"evolution"