GDT: Canucks vs. LA Kings Oct 10 7:00 PM Start

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks vs. LA Kings Oct 10 7:00 PM Start

Post by 5thhorseman »

Oh yeah. I was really impressed by JT's chip and chase. Man did he come up with the puck a lot, in space, with time, making plays. This guy is a smart player and a bonafide 1st liner.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Hank wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:19 pm Healthy Sutter > Birdbones
Nice to see Sutts bounce back with a strong game after that giveway in Edm. If Sutts can stay healthy and play like this, he'll be a nice option @ TDD. Either trade him for a king's ransom or keep him for a playoff run.

The Nite Overall:

- After getting no lucky bounces on the road, it seemed like everything went our way with our home opener and a big nite for the franchise with Cpt BoHo nite.

- I hope Bert had a chance to chat with Jake. I remember Tom Larsheid was hard on Bert cuz Bert was lazy at times. If Bert said something like: man, u have everything to be a great player in this league, but u gotta want it and u gotta bring it every nite. Something is wrong if a big skilled player doesn't get noticed on a nightly basis. I was lazy at times and it hurt my career, don't let the same happen to u. (basically what he said on 650).

- I found it kind of funny that Shorty made this big deal about Q.Hughes rushing back to check Kovalchuk. I watched the play closely and Kovalchuk just loses control of the puck. I know Shorty is watching from far away, has to make calls quick and prob doesn't have the luxury of replays. :P

- Interesting to hear Burkie say that he knew J.Thorton was going to get traded. He made some serious offers, but the Sharks beat him out. Boy, it would have been somthing to have Thorton here playing on that 2011 team. :shock:

- Jimothy Timoty was great with Petey + Brockstar. U heard it here first. :P
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:55 pm Greener should break up the lines and spread them out a bit. Maybe something like:

1) Miller-Petey-Boeser
http://canuckscorner.com/forums/posting ... 3&p=356933

The reason I wanted to see Miller with Petey is because he plays like a centre. He's good on the dot, he hustles back in the D zone and I think he sees the ice better than Ferkland, so I can see him setting up Petey and Brockstar. He'll take a lot of pressure off Petey too in faceoffs and covering in the D zone. Ferkland probably plays with more grit and he might be a good option with Petey on a expected chippy/physical game, but Miller is probably a better option most nites. JT is basically like BoHo, but maybe a better passer.

I remember watching a Nuck video with Greener's speech to all the guys b4 camp. I look at JT and I was like wow, this guy is really business like and dialed in. He looked like a guy acquired at TDD and he knows he's here to help win a cup. In his case, he's a guy acquired to help this team make the playoffs and possibly do something special here. (around :30 mark)

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/camp- ... c-68831103
Last edited by Todd Bersnoozi on Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Hank wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:28 pm Don't worry kids, Hank will be in Da House. We win.
Yer welcome.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Hank wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:21 pm
Hank wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:28 pm Don't worry kids, Hank will be in Da House. We win.
Yer welcome.
Dude.. I swapped provinces multiple times to get to this game...

I knew it would be a PlayStation score.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Thank you!!

On the last leg. On the way to Bosnia. Will be home the 20th!!! Then we can have some proper GDT!!

What no shut out for Markstrom?
The only HW the Canucks need
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

.Good confidence builder for the team, they needed it. Perfect case scenario LA playing the night before and looking it.
None the less, several Canucks had exceptional games. Quinn Hughes had somewhat of a breakout night and although he has much to learn about
playing in the NHL, he was rather freaking awesome. A blast from the point! Cool. Thought it may be just an anomaly on the goal but, golly, he
had another decent one later as well. Not like Stecher's one way back when. He actually had a decent game tonight as well, go figure. I was close
to putting him on a bus to a farm somewhere. Chris Tanev, the super hero. 79 more games like that and it's the finals, book it!

.Brandon Sutter may have had one of, if not his best game as a Canuck. Keep it up. Please. It numbs the pain. Kidding.
TJ Miller is fitting in admirably and IMO, has leadership qualities that will help this team. Guys got poise with and without the puck. Aint wearing
a letter as he is a newbie, here. That game savvy is invaluable. Ferland needs more time to even get a true read on what he will bring. You can't
lose almost 10 pound due to illness and be as good as you can be. I saw positives tonight that were not as prevalent as the previous two games.
Horvat was a wee bit off due, no doubt, to humbleitus. It's OK. All good. Gaudette was very good and fits in well. No problem with skill or effort.
Pete is getting there. Brock is getting there even slower. Come on guys. Don't over think the game. Don't listen to Newell. Just do your thing.

.Markstrom flip-flopped to his first victory of the season. Was more than adequate but it wouldn't surprise me to see
Demko get the next start. I think generally, the team, for the first time this year, bonded and generally, was more cohesive as a team.
Lob sided wins can sometimes have that effect. Just in the nick of time too, I might add, wouldn't want to get too far behind early in the season.

.Orland still looks pretty good mm? Naslund couldn't be there but sent a letter, (long note), directly to Bo which is
available in this PAYWALL, or not? article in the most recent Athletic; https://theathletic.com/1277467/2019/10 ... =twittered Sorry.

.All and all, a great night. One for the archives to be sure! Did I mention T.J. got four points? 8-) Quinn his 1st goal? 8-)
Now I'll ruin this little blurb with one tiny question; Where was Linden?...............Sorry.
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

5thhorseman wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:38 pm Canucks are one of three teams with 100% on the PK.

Maybe those 3rd/4th line choices out of camp weren't so bad after all.
Birdbones with two and a half minutes more PK time vs the Kings than any other forward.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Sorry I didn’t comment during this game. I was busy basking.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Yer welcome.
Excuse me?
Reefer2 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:03 pm OK, as I, in my own mind. am the greatest GDT poster in the history of all CC, I will do today's GDT.

Kings visiting Nucks to get an ass kicking.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

The night before i watched this same group take it pretty good to the lames so not sure what was going down last night. Quick let in everything whereas Campbell had a much better game might be a reason. That said, canucks full value for the win.

Quinn Hughes best game in the NHL I'd say...he was everywhere. The skys the limit on this kid

I saw Jake asserting himself :shock: Is he finally over Bobby Farnhams fists? :lol:
Last edited by Cousin Strawberry on Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you need air...call it in
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Reefer2 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:10 am
Yer welcome.
Excuse me?
Reefer2 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:03 pm OK, as I, in my own mind. am the greatest GDT poster in the history of all CC, I will do today's GDT.

Kings visiting Nucks to get an ass kicking.
Rank
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

The 2019 LA Kings remind me of the 2013-2017 Canucks.