Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Carl Yagro »

Jovocop wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:53 am Did people not complain about having too many veterans in Utica and the kids not having enough ice time to develop?
Jovo, you're sounding like Doc without the quoting of evidence.
Last edited by Carl Yagro on Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

From Carol Schram:

The trade came at the request of Biega and his agent after his waiver assignment last week. Jim Benning told Ben Kuzma of The Province that he feels the organization now has enough defensive depth that the Canucks can call up a young player if injuries strike, and that he wants to see those young players like Guillaume Brisebois, Jalen Chatfield, Brogan Rafferty and Olli Juolevi get big minutes when they are playing with the Comets.

So now we
Know, Biega quietly asked for a trade and his agent had permission to speak to other teams.
The only HW the Canucks need
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:43 pm From Carol Schram:

The trade came at the request of Biega and his agent after his waiver assignment last week. Jim Benning told Ben Kuzma of The Province that he feels the organization now has enough defensive depth that the Canucks can call up a young player if injuries strike, and that he wants to see those young players like Guillaume Brisebois, Jalen Chatfield, Brogan Rafferty and Olli Juolevi get big minutes when they are playing with the Comets.

So now we
Know, Biega quietly asked for a trade and his agent had permission to speak to other teams.
Fucking ungrateful Alex Biega. Ship his ass to play with Dahlen.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

So now we
Guess he looked at his replacement and went mmm?

It's all good. (as long as when a D-man goes down to injury the fantnburger guy only fills in till the real call-up arrives). :!:
"evolution"
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

micky107 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:45 pm

So now we
Guess he looked at his replacement and went mmm?

It's all good. (as long as when a D-man goes down to injury the fantnburger guy only fills in till the real call-up arrives). :!:
Fatanburger was a better player than biega last year, I wouldn’t go by his preseason play on a new team new system.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:57 pm
Fatanburger was a better player than biega last year, I wouldn’t go by his preseason play on a new team new system.
...............................?
"evolution"
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Hank wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:17 pm
Jovocop wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:53 am Did people not complain about having too many veterans in Utica and the kids not having enough ice time to develop?
Jovo, you're sounding like Doc without the quoting of evidence.
It could be a lot of quotes... :mrgreen:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Fuck Biega! :evil: :twisted: :evil:

Biega was an old runt who passed through waivers twice in the last calendar year...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

This is all I’m going to say about Biega “who cares”
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:33 pm Fuck Biega! :evil: :twisted: :evil:

Biega was an old runt who passed through waivers twice in the last calendar year...
Wow. So now we lose our shit over a D-man who is somewhere between 8th and 13th on our depth chart. And, not just Doc, but a few other posters as well.

Just my 2 cents, but, "Good luck Bulldog, you were a great team mate."
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Tciso wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:09 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:33 pm Fuck Biega! :evil: :twisted: :evil:

Wow. So now we lose our shit over a D-man who is somewhere between 8th and 13th on our depth chart. And, not just Doc, but a few other posters as well.

Just my 2 cents, but, "Good luck Bulldog, you were a great team mate."
Sorry man, I made the mistake of reading the massive overreaction in LOL Land just before posting that. :oops:

I liked Biega, he was great as a #8, you couldn't ask for more.

But the time had come for him to move on and I wish him all the best...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

We all knew that if Biega was getting regular minutes were were in the shitter. I liked the guy. I like his hustle. I like how he tried to play like he was 6” taller. He was the perfect 7-8 Dman . I’m glad it was handled quietly and I respect Benning for accommodating him. I wish him success in Detroit. He maybe a loss for Utica but not for the Canucks.

If we get to a point this season where we miss him than all I can say is get ready for a great
Lottery pick! Really.
The only HW the Canucks need
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Fuck man whats with so few games? Its like following football or something
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:53 am Fuck man whats with so few games? Its like following football or something
Well we haven't lost as much ground as I thought. https://www.espn.com/nhl/standings
sharks rock :rockin:
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:53 am Fuck man whats with so few games? Its like following football or something
Seriously, it feels like a week since Canucks last played. :(
____
Try to focus on someday.