GDT: 05/10/19> Canucks vs Flames> 7:00PM>SNETP/CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: 05/10/19> Canucks vs Flames> 7:00PM>SNETP/CBC

Post by SKYO »

Our best players haven't been our best players yet.

Pettersson, Boeser, Horvat held scoreless thus far.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Green needs to figure out how to get Pettersson and Boeser going. Another quiet game for them
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:31 pm What happened, I’m dialed into the ball game. Have this on pvr
Hughes just beat the living shit out of your boy Tkachuk...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Canucks passing the first two games have been anything but sharp
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:31 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:27 pm Well Bo, what are you gonna do about Tkachuk? I highly doubt anyone comes to your rescue. That’s not our style
What happened, I’m dialed into the ball game. Have this on pvr
Think that was just one London Knight taking a crack at his old buddy. They were chatting it up on the bench, I think Bo was saying "ya got me".
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

What a waste of time
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Canucks look like a team trying to figure themselves out with all the new faces. I have no complaints about their game at all
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hank wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:41 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:31 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:27 pm Well Bo, what are you gonna do about Tkachuk? I highly doubt anyone comes to your rescue. That’s not our style
What happened, I’m dialed into the ball game. Have this on pvr
Think that was just one London Knight taking a crack at his old buddy. They were chatting it up on the bench, I think Bo was saying "ya got me".
I don’t think Matt was there when Bo was
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

I saw Petterson make anumber of passes into his team mates skates - he played like shit tonight.

Gaudette and Virtannen had wheels/effort as did Horvat... and that's all she wrote.
cc oldtimer
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:37 pm Green needs to figure out how to get Pettersson and Boeser going. Another quiet game for them
Team seems to have no fire or chemistry.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Vancouver Canucks
“We’ve got to be better. That’s it. We had scoring chances, we had looks, we just have to finish. There’s no secret we have to find a way.” - Pettersson
9:53 PM · Oct 5, 2019
TSN: stats; https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/game/vancouver-c ... tats#/home
"evolution"
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Tuff road trip in Alberta. I know it's only 2 games, but if Greener doesn't get the boyz going or figure out what's the problem, I don't see him lasting very long, prob about 15-20 games. The Aquas will prob force JB to get a new coach, some1 with experience this time around. Maybe home ice is the tonic Greener needs, so he can play his matchups.

Yeah, the Alien + Brockstar have not been very good. I wouldn't mind splitting them up. Not sure I like all the lefties line (Pearson-BoHo-Miller) and the all righties line (Leivo-Gaud/Sutter-Jake), Greener should break up the lines and spread them out a bit. Maybe something like:

1) Miller-Petey-Boeser
2) Ferkland-BoHo-Leivo
3) Pearson-Sutter-Jake
4) Schaller-Beags-Gaud

For the most part, I don't mind the defensive pairings and can't blame Marky on the loses.

I have never seen Matt Tkachuk in a more personal interview b4 and it was enjoyable to watch him in After Hours. On one side, you see how he respects his parents, siblings, teammates and his organization. On the other side, you can see he has that cockiness/swagger you like in a young player, but you can see that peskiness in him as well (bit of Brad Marchand) with that twinkle in his eye that likes to stir up trouble. Watching him get a piece of BoHo tonite was a bit ironic. I can't help but to think back to that 2016 draft and dreaming of the potential to play Tkachuk with BoHo. We're talking about 2 franchise pieces here. Tkachuk is now a $7M player and we're stuck with a D-man who has been totally injury prone and has yet to play a single NHL game. I'm not saying I'm giving up on Juolevi just yet, but deep down inside JB, I'm sure he'd redo that pick in a heartbeat.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

After hours; With Mathew Tkachuk https://www.sportsnet.ca/videos/shows/h ... ada-video/

Shows his hit on Horvat. They laughed it off. I think. ;)
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

What do you say about Myers? Gawd awful give away, leading to a goal. Bad defensive game in general. But when is the last time
we've seen a D-man go blasting past the opposition's defenders, and almost score?

Lievo must be Green's rose colored glasses. WTF! and why. PP? I don't get it.

First line hasn't looked good yet. Hesitating. Second guessing. No reason for this.

How come the Flames knew our # 1 line was rusty and knew to cover the shit out of line # 2. :?: Scouting?

Travis Green and his staff, need to be better adjusting during games. That doesn't mean shuffling lines as much as
it means reacting to what the opposition is offering up.

For what it's worth, we had 34 shots on net.

piss on 2016 nhl entry draft
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:45 pm The Canucks look like a team trying to figure themselves out with all the new faces. I have no complaints about their game at all
There’s this, but our best players have yet to make an appearance this season. Pettersson has 3 SOG in two games....

Maybe we’re just waiting on a Captain...