Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Baertchi sucks. In 2 weeks we wont even remember his name
If you need air...call it in
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Well, obviously not the Hargreaves.. The Hargreaves has no shit to lose.

... but, have you checked out any other sites or social media?? ... and there is a few posters here who were al out as excited as mick over it.

.. also, could the Hargreaves post where I said 'HERE' ' in relation to people losing said shit?
Last edited by Madcombinepilot on Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Everyone's favorite hockey personality :)
TSN Radio Vancouver
@TSN1040
@rayferrarotsn
: The biggest problem they have is that when they signed the UFA's over the past three July 1st's, they boxed in the roster. They blocked spots. You have two centres who are virtually the same, in Sutter and Beagle. They signed Schaller off a career high 12 goals
7:15 AM · Oct 1, 2019
Not one of my faves though. Kind of meh as far as analyst dudes go.
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I don't know if people have lost their shit as much as their shit had been loosened.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:09 am Baertchi sucks. In 2 weeks we wont even remember his name
Probably not.

Well, maybe when Louis scores on his own goal............................again.

I am off this Baer discussion but I will just ask this one simple question. If there had been a pole taken and the poser was:

If you had your choice of religating LE or SB, which would you pick? :mrgreen:

To late to do it now though cause opinions around town have been voiced as they have here.

As an aside: I am not going to lose any sleep over Sven being demoted.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

micky107 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:11 am .
TSN Radio Vancouver
@TSN1040
@rayferrarotsn
: The biggest problem they have is that when they signed the UFA's over the past three July 1st's, they boxed in the roster. They blocked spots. You have two centres who are virtually the same, in Sutter and Beagle. They signed Schaller off a career high 12 goals
Pity the poor bastard...he bones Tony Granato's identical twin. Do you think he licks Cammi's giant adams apple?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

TSN Radio Vancouver
@TSN1040
@rayferrarotsn
Hargraves likes Ray. He’s one of the best IMHO.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Topper wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:14 am I don't know if people have lost their shit as much as their shit had been loosened.
Thank God for fibre.

:)
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:22 am
TSN Radio Vancouver
@TSN1040
@rayferrarotsn
Hargraves likes Ray. He’s one of the best IMHO.
Ya i agree. After him mocking squeekie phaneuf on his open mike live i have to like the guy.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:09 am Baertchi sucks. In 2 weeks we wont even remember his name
I don’t think many are crushed about losing Sven and most of us would like someone to claim him. I’m hoping Elmer has a few moves up his sleeve but I fear he may he wearing a wife beater.

I think the musical chairs game is going to start in about 20 min.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:45 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:35 am I have never seen so many people absolutely lose their shit over waiving a 3rd line, often injured tweener.
Who’s losing their shit here?
I agree. Board is pretty sanguine about the whole thing.

And I don't think its losing shit to point out why this might be a bad choice. I think waiving Baertschi is a mistake because I think he has proven that he isn't out of place playing in a top 6 role. As of now, the Canucks have 6 we-can-feel-fairly-comfortable-with-them top 6 players -- Pettersson, Horvat, Boeser, Pearson, Miller, and Ferland. When the inevitable injuries hit or if one of these guys doesn't play up to past-proven potential (as Pearson didn't last year in Pitt and LA), the club will need to rotate players into that role. Thrust into that role, I think Baerstchi is a better bet than Eriksson, Virtanen, Sutter, Leivo, Roussel or Gaudette to succeed at it. Virtanen's inability to take that step and Leivo's performance in that role last season is the very reason that JB thought it important to go out and get Miller. It is possible Gaudette might rise to the occasion -- he's still figuring it out -- and I think we saw that a healthy Roussel can skate up for a while. But I don't want Virtanen or Roussel in that role, because I like Virtanen and Roussel's bottom 6 game when they are intense (always for AR, sometimes for JV) and combining speed with tenacity, shortening the opposition's decisionmaking time and posing a real counter-punch threat. (Motte can play similarly, but poses no counterattack threat). The Canucks bottom 6 is far more dynamic when they are in it (and on their game). Without them, it is just a rotation to get back to the Pettersson line.

Baertschi, if he's playing well and if he's healthy, could free up much more for the roster in terms of personnel management. Miller can spell as third line center when Sutter sleeps in the wrong position. Ferland can join Roussel or a sharp Virtanen and have a pesky line that can pot a few.
Whatever -- the options are just more dynamic.

The Canucks have lacked scoring for years -- things are on the right trajectory because Petterson and Boeser are special players. But with these moves, what they did in the offseason was marginally improve what was there but leave themselves with very little resilience in the system if there is a breakdown. That unexceptional, barely-better-than-waiver-fodder-if-that bottom 6 players remain on the team means that its a plan to go into the season with minimal redundancy at the place where it might very well be needed most.
Hono_rary Canadian
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Mute point now, all 3 cleared waivers.
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

theman wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:10 am Mute point now, all 3 cleared waivers.
True, though the best argument for waiving Baertschi was in order for him to be claimed.

Given the depth issue and the fact that other forwards on waiver weren't particularly intriguing from the perspective of top 6 depth insurance, this is a good thing for this season for everyone accept the owner's wallet.
Hono_rary Canadian
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ferraro sold out to the Vancouver Whine Tour a while ago. The 1040 Gillis Bro’s got to him. He’s a sham now. You want an unpolluted well spoken hockey perspective now? None other than Jamie McLennan will satisfy those needs. Ferraro is a sideline bitcher/moaner 1040 Gillis Bro now
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

theman wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:10 am Mute point now, all 3 cleared waivers.
Yep Baertschi will be able to regain his confidence and be ready for a call up
The only HW the Canucks need