Canucks Pre Season; 2019/2020; Shake It Out.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Pre Season; 2019/2020; Shake It Out.

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:08 am I agree with Benning, today it’s about a top 9 and an energy line for your 4th line. Green I don’t believe sees it that way, the new NHL. Benning seems to be getting it now.
not sure its about Green 'not getting it' or simply 'didn't have the guys' to play top 9 before.. but unless Sutter goes to the 4th line with Beagle and Erickson, and Gaudette, Baertschi and Virtanen are 3rd line, we don't have a 'top9'. Sutter cant distribute the puck. Simply put, if Sutter is 3rd line center, we are a top 6/bottom 6 team. If Sutter isn't 3rd line C, we can go top9 team.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:33 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:08 am I agree with Benning, today it’s about a top 9 and an energy line for your 4th line. Green I don’t believe sees it that way, the new NHL. Benning seems to be getting it now.
not sure its about Green 'not getting it' or simply 'didn't have the guys' to play top 9 before.. but unless Sutter goes to the 4th line with Beagle and Erickson, and Gaudette, Baertschi and Virtanen are 3rd line, we don't have a 'top9'. Sutter cant distribute the puck. Simply put, if Sutter is 3rd line center, we are a top 6/bottom 6 team. If Sutter isn't 3rd line C, we can go top9 team.
They need to have Sutter,Gaudette take the faceoffs and Baertschi actually play Center/distributor
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

dangler wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:48 pm
They need to have Sutter,Gaudette take the faceoffs and Baertschi actually play Center/distributor
Did you see the dish to Baertschi the other night and then the one to Macewan against the yotes? I am pretty sure that Gaudette can distribute pretty well if he actually has guys that have the sense and skill to receive a pass.

Agree with MCP in relation to the 3rd line - if Sutter remains as the centre there, it isn't a top 9. He's a great defensive C but is not what you need for a scoring line. That's why I would like to see him and Beags on the 4th.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

DonCherry4PM wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:53 pm
dangler wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:48 pm
Did you see the dish to Baertschi the other night and then the one to Macewan against the yotes? I am pretty sure that Gaudette can distribute pretty well if he actually has guys that have the sense and skill to receive a pass.

Agree with MCP in relation to the 3rd line - if Sutter remains as the centre there, it isn't a top 9. He's a great defensive C but is not what you need for a scoring line. That's why I would like to see him and Beags on the 4th.
Good call! Add Ericsson for the 3rd wheel and you can call it The Hit Line
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:58 pm Good call! Add Ericsson for the 3rd wheel and you can call it The Hit Line
Oh god, then Blob would finally be right about a $13M fourth line... :shock:
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

If we want to move LE then he needs to stay up and play. Maybe that is JB plan?
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Don’t see why Sutter can’t play RW on Gaudette’s line with Baertschi.
Put Jake with Motte and Beagle on the fourth line.
Pick your poison for a 13th forward, or grab someone off waivers.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Three scoring lines, (if you can do it for real), is the way to be in the top third of the league.
Most teams cannot cover it. A very few can.
Someone said Green likes the 2 scoring, 2 checking approach but I think it's restrictive in some ways but most of all, it is
telling six forwards they have a defensive role so they are just not as apt to even try.
Quite frankly, forwards constantly thinking defense only, look like chickens running around with their heads cut off.
I got him! No, he's mine! K, I'll go chase that other guy. Fuck; nevermind, too late.

The other think too is PLENTY more time in the offensive zone could conceivably, mean less defense men getting injured.
Goaltenders may get a wee bit stiff but Ian is real good. Probably got some calisthenics quickies for just such occasions. MM?
"evolution"
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:26 pm Don’t see why Sutter can’t play RW on Gaudette’s line with Baertschi.
Because Sutter's stick is where offense goes to die.

Great for a defensive role.

Not so great for an offensive one.

I say that only partially tongue and cheek: A shoot first mentality is fine but he is totally bereft of any play-making ability.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:01 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:58 pm Good call! Add Ericsson for the 3rd wheel and you can call it The Hit Line
Oh god, then Blob would finally be right about a $13M fourth line... :shock:
Doyle is generally right
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

The best scoring 3rd line in the NHL would be 3 30-35 players, like the Malhotra line in 2011.

I think the 3rd line is so much better that it will win 5 or so games for the canucks, taking the burden off the top 2 lines. But they're not going to be 40+ point third liners, unless they're getting serious pp time (like Miller last year).
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:26 pm Don’t see why Sutter can’t play RW on Gaudette’s line with Baertschi.

LW baertschi - RW gaudette can be a 3rd-line version of LW kariya - RW selanne lol in that they do the scoring and let Rucchin/Sutter be the defensive center picking up easy points.

Steve Bernier I mean Virtanen on the 4th line is fine to add some hitting/scoring depth.

ferland - petey - boeser
pearson - horvat - miller
baertschi - sutter - gaudette
schaller - beagle - virtanen (schaller is there because he's the only one besides Beagle in the bottom six to provide legitimate grit/hits/scraps/checking with size.

spares: eriksson - motte - leivo
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

SKYO wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:49 pm

LW baertschi - RW gaudette can be a 3rd-line version of LW kariya - RW selanne lol in that they do the scoring and let Rucchin/Sutter be the defensive center picking up easy points.

Steve Bernier I mean Virtanen on the 4th line is fine to add some hitting/scoring depth.

ferland - petey - boeser
pearson - horvat - miller
baertschi - sutter - gaudette
schaller - beagle - virtanen (schaller is there because he's the only one besides Beagle in the bottom six to provide legitimate grit/hits/scraps/checking with size.

spares: eriksson - motte - leivo
That's looking real good now. Most excellent ! Did you know; I looked and looked. Could not find a picture of Louis Eriksson sitting in a press box.
Maybe soon. :eh: You know? He didn't really put out much effort in pre-season. A bit, but not what one would have thought after all the pissy
off season "stuff".
I'm thinking Utica because I know Greener's MO now pretty well. If he's close by and "a" guy has an off game, he may be tempted and that would
be like the same old merry-go-round again. I'd say roller coaster but somehow that just doesn't depict Louis. It's too exciting.
"evolution"
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Topper wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:44 am It will be interesting to see who gets hurt in practice the next few days.
Name your price and target, and THAT someone will get hurt in practice :lol

I don't think any price will be more than 6 million

Maybe it'll only cost a few hundred K to make the player catch a cold
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Brendan Batchelor
@BatchHockey
“I’m not sure. We just put him there today, and wanted to get a look at it.” - Travis Green on whether it’s an option to play Adam Gaudette on the wing #Canucks
1:58 PM · Sep 28, 2019
Well, it's encouraging.
Iain MacIntyre
@imacSportsnet
Boeser’s twirl in a non-contact green jersey is over. But if he can skate with team on Sunday — and feels no effects — looks good for him playing Wednesday’s season-opener. #Canucks
12:06 PM · Sep 28, 2019
https://twitter.com/sportsnetmurph/stat ... de%3Dfalse

Well, it's encouraging.
"evolution"