Biggest Concern for the 2019/2020 Season

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Biggest Concern for the 2019/2020 Season

Post by 2Fingers »

Almost all of us are predicting a playoff team but what is your biggest concern for the up coming season?

Mine is Markstrom, the season really depends on him playing like he did most of last season. With the improved defence he will see a lot less pucks coming his way and he should have more open space in front of him, but will we see the bad goal a game goalie from 2 years ago come back?
Per
MVP
MVP

Re: Biggest Concern for the 2019/2020 Season

Post by Per »

Mine is injuries on Petey.

Petey has all the skill, fortitude and guts to be a franchise player for a decade and a half, but he is still fairly slight in build and has the eyes of the league on him.

He suffered two injuries last season that were basically the result of opponents being frustrated over not knowing how to stop him in a legal manner. One concussion, one knee injury. If those incidents keep happening, his career could be over before it even really takes off.

Think Ristolainen vs Barrie.

Knees and brains are vulnerable.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Generally injuries specifically brains.
Is Ferland really sick or is he already feeling symptoms?
I’m nervously suspicious with him and Baertschi.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Can "Green and his staff", coach and maintain the team well enough to achieve the
required results for post season play? "His staff" still needs a replacement part, IMO. Hope I'm wrong.
"evolution"
CrzyCanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Can certain posters on this board stop talking about Benning vs Gillis?
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

CrzyCanuck wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:38 am Can certain posters on this board stop talking about Benning vs Gillis?
Blob?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Injuries the biggest concern with this team. Not much else concerns me
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Eliminate morning skate on game days

Post by SKYO »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:52 am Injuries the biggest concern with this team. Not much else concerns me
Why coach Green should eliminate morning skates on game days, it's outdated and overworks the vets thereby increasing the odds of injuries over the long grueling season.

And it's these injuries that have been the Achilles heel for the Canucks these past few years.
Is the morning skate an outdated NHL ritual? One coach has killed it, but not everyone agrees
Once essentially a curfew, used to skate out hangovers, John Tortorella is having success in Columbus eschewing the game-day skate

As another former player joked, you rarely have to worry about that [boozing it up all night] these days. If anything, today’s NHLer is more likely to be up all hours playing Xbox and chugging protein shakes than boozing at a bar.

Maybe that — along with a condensed schedule and more scientific knowledge about the importance of rest and recovery — is why the morning skate is becoming more and more unnecessary.

The Columbus Blue Jackets see it that way. Head coach John Tortorella, who is one of the favourites to win the Jack Adams Award as coach of the year, killed the practice completely earlier this season — and the team responded with a 16-game winning streak.

“I think it’s huge for the players,” said Blue Jackets forward Cam Atkinson, who is tied for fourth in the league with 26 goals and is one goal away from his career high. “You want to be ready to go for the game, not so much for the morning skate. You want to save all your energy. I don’t think it’s a secret. I could see more and more teams doing it.”

https://nationalpost.com/sports/hockey/ ... one-agrees
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Eschewit : :mex:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Although we have more depth than we've had lately - injuries are by far my biggest concern. Can't think of a close second.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

Hughes getting smashed like a bug on the glass and getting stretchered off is my biggest concern. Kid's smaller than Petey.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Injuries always injuries
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

CrzyCanuck wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:38 am Can certain posters on this board stop talking about Benning vs Gillis?
There’s only one poster that constantly does this.

Hargraves actually talks about what’s going on with the current team and management.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

I think injuries will be less this year, with a more balanced team hopefully some players will not have to play more than they should.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:14 pm Hargraves actually talks about what’s going on with the current team and management......
...with a historical perspective
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.