Canucks Contracts

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Jovocop
CC Legend

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Jovocop »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:23 pm Nice to see Brockstar get his contract done. Great cap hit for us, although we might have to pay him more later. If he proves he's a superstar, I have no problem paying him. 3 years is a great term for us as well. We should have Petey & Hughes 2nd contract done by then and we can see where Brock fits in. We'll also have Eriksson, Beags, Rooster and Louongo off the books, so it should give us a lot of flexibility.
Also, Tanev, Markstrom, Schaller, Leivo, Sutter, Pearson, Baertschi, Edler, Benn, and Spooner will be off the books in a year and two.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Some of those players are worth replacing and will need to be. Others.... not so much.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Benning’s got this

Meanwhile in Toronto, their Capologist is dropping the ball
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:07 pm Benning’s got this

Meanwhile in Toronto, their Capologist is dropping the ball
Who is Toronto’s caplologist?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

leaves Assistant GMs Gilman and Pridham both have Capologist on their resume, you don’t think they have something to say?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:17 pm Leaves Assistant GMs Gilman and Pridham both have Capologist on their resume, you don’t think they have something to say?
I’m not sure. I’d hate to presume shit like other posters
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

It’s not presumptive when both Pridham and Gilman had once held the position of “Capologist”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:43 pm It’s not presumptive when I’ve sat at the Astoria for 12 hours that I’d know my shit ?”
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Jovocop wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:32 pm Also, Tanev, Markstrom, Schaller, Leivo, Sutter, Pearson, Baertschi, Edler, Benn, and Spooner will be off the books in a year and two.
Yeah, I was mainly looking @ after that 3rd year though. :P
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Jovocop wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:32 pm Also, Tanev, Markstrom, Schaller, Leivo, Sutter, Pearson, Baertschi, Edler, Benn, and Spooner will be off the books in a year and two.
Yeah it's nearly half the roster, but you'll still need to replace the bodies.

Two top-4 dmen and a 1B goalie alone could cost upwards of $18M in a couple years.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:56 am

Two top-4 dmen and a 1B goalie alone could cost upwards of $18M in a couple years.

Why you keep on drafting and signing FA college guys in hopes one will turn up to be a top 4 dman like Tanev is and likely Stecher.

In two years Juolevi, Tryamkin and Woo all likely will be in our defense full time and properly developed.

Then you'd hope at least a couple guys out of Rafferty, Brisebois, Chatfield, Eliot, Teves, Rathbone, UTUNEN! make it.

Rafferty and Utunen are looking like solid pickups and ones to keep tabs on.

DiPietro will have two years of AHL duties by then as well, so he should be a quality 1B guy behind Demko who should have taken over #1 spot. Then Silovs taking over in Utica to start his development into the pros.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

I think she we should take turns ranting ceaselessly like rabid dogs in heat about how we only have 3 guys signed 5 years from now and nobody signed for 10+ years (truth be damned!!) and how Benning is OBVIOUSLY running this franchise into the ground with a "win now" style of managing and lack of planning.. I mean seriously, how can we even have a franchise with NO players signed?!?

MADNESS!!!!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:42 am I think she we should take turns ranting ceaselessly like rabid dogs in heat about how we only have 3 guys signed 5 years from now and nobody signed for 10+ years (truth be damned!!) and how Benning is OBVIOUSLY running this franchise into the ground with a "win now" style of managing and lack of planning.. I mean seriously, how can we even have a franchise with NO players signed?!?

MADNESS!!!!
Madness indeed mad pilot. :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:56 am

Hopefully, two years from now, the Canucks can have some cheap entry level contract players ready, Woo, Podkolzin, Hoglander, Juolevi and Lind.