Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 2019-2020

Post by Madcombinepilot »

UWSaint wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:19 am

Given this situation, Holland's worst decision was taking the job.
would you take it for 2 million a year?

I would try and fix the coilers for 2 million a year...
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

I am guessing that the first round of cuts will happen tomorrow morning after everyone gets a game in?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:33 am
SKYO wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:00 pm Well Jim Benning has done his job this offseason,
If there was an “Off-season GM of the Year” award Jimbro’s got this by a country mile. When you compare what he’s done this off season vs Mr. “overrated Ken Holland” has done with that useless franchise in Edmonton it’s not even close
Holland is terrible.

But the Oilers can't do much to make a difference this season without making a radical move and breaking up the core (and I've posted before why I think they really ought to consider trading McDavid).

Absent that, lots of roster spots will open up next season, but not a ton of money (most pending UFAs have small salaries, and they will have to deal with Nurse and Benning as RFAs). The money gets freer going into 2021-22. The only way to advance that without a radical move is by trading RNH or hoping that some team has a deadline need so bad they are willing to pick up Larsson or Russell. The worse thing that could happen to the Oilers is that they hang around the playoff picture and hold their meh assets.

Walking onto a team with McDavid and Draisaitl locked up is never a bad ideal, I'd say that's better than coming onto a team with the twilight years of the Sedins locked up for four years with full NMC's who are also fan faves who deserved respect for their tremendous contributions to the franchise. Consequently you had to give em another shot at the playoffs while the cupboards were bare with no prospects. Benning had a much harder job at task than given credit for.
micky107 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:02 am
TSN Radio Vancouver
@TSN; BobMcKenzie
Hey, listen. No one in Vancouver needs to worry about the draft this year. 2 reasons for that. 1, obviously they're going to make the playoffs. Everyone knows that. And 2, none of the Hughes brothers are eligible for the draft this year. Luke's not there yet
7:48 AM · Sep 17, 2019
High praise by the godfather of hockey!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:02 am

Zack Kassian try, or Rick Rypien try?
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:33 am
SKYO wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:00 pm Well Jim Benning has done his job this offseason,
If there was an “Off-season GM of the Year” award Jimbro’s got this by a country mile. When you compare what he’s done this off season vs Mr. “overrated Ken Holland” has done with that useless franchise in Edmonton it’s not even close
Is this award presented before the new acquisitions of the off season have completed a game let alone a season?

Who would sponsor and for that matter who would present the award?

Would the league sanction or even promote a new award for this “Off Season GM of the Year”?

Hargraves will wait for the Chef’s answers
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

So far I've heard from both Benning and Pettersson that Ferkland is locked in as the 3rd wheel on his and brocks wing.

No audition for JT there...

Interesting
If you need air...call it in
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:24 pm So far I've heard from both Benning and Pettersson that Ferkland is locked in as the 3rd wheel on his and brocks wing.

Interesting
I wouldn’t read too much into it, having watched green coach the last 3 years, he shuffles lines a lot. I think he wants to match Horvat and miller vs top talent of the other team. Miller has some really good stats to back up him playing against other teams elites and putting up points.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:10 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:24 pm So far I've heard from both Benning and Pettersson that Ferkland is locked in as the 3rd wheel on his and brocks wing.

Interesting
I wouldn’t read too much into it, having watched green coach the last 3 years, he shuffles lines a lot. I think he wants to match Horvat and miller vs top talent of the other team. Miller has some really good stats to back up him playing against other teams elites and putting up points.
What the hell are Sutter and Roussel, Beagle, Lois etc? Shouldn’t these players be able to handle some tough minutes and let Bo and Miller rack up some offence? I’m not saying Horvat should escape tough matchups altogether but a good coach will try and get him into some softer situations especially when his roster is already plugged with a gaggle of “gifted defensive forwards”.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:33 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:10 pm

Interesting
What the hell are Sutter and Roussel, Beagle, Lois etc? Shouldn’t these players be able to handle some tough minutes and let Bo and Miller rack up some offence? I’m not saying Horvat should escape tough matchups altogether but a good coach will try and get him into some softer situations especially when his roster is already plugged with a gaggle of “gifted defensive forwards”.
I’m sure they will, but if it ends up being talent vs talent miller and Horvat match up favourably I think vs other top talent. I still imagine sutter beagle roussel etc, will get a lot of the defensive zone face offs, but on the fly stuff may lean more torwards bo.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:57 am
Is this award presented before the new acquisitions of the off season have completed a game let alone a season?
Yes, funnily enough its presented in the same time-frame that we right off 21 year old prospects who've never played a game.

Although now that I think about it, you actually had OJ written off at age 19...
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Don’t worry @Canucks fans and @_EPettersson I am bringing @BBoeser16 back to YVR.
Last edited by Mickey107 on Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Tciso wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:38 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:02 am

Zack Kassian try, or Rick Rypien try?
A rugby try.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Vancouver Canucks
@BBoeser16
touched down in Vancouver late Tuesday and was reunited with
@BoHorvat
this morning. #Bromance
Brock's Back
11:56 AM · Sep 18, 2019
This is great, watch;

https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/1174 ... 1%3Fs%3D21
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Iain MacIntyre
@imacSportsnet
GM Jim Benning says Olli Juolevi likely won’t play games until October. Says omission from pre-season lineups just a reality of rehab and return from major knee surgery last December. D-man will continue practising, as he did today.
#Canucks
1:30 PM · Sep 18, 2019
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"