Canucks Contracts

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

micky107 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:11 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:58 am If we get into a position where we have to choose to move one of our big 3 contracts it'll be Boeser thats expendable before Hughes or Pettersson. 1st line centers and franchise dmen are always kept over scoring type wingers
I see I don't belong here now.
That is bullshit.

What if Pettersson can't find the chemistry with anyone else, or at least not to the same degree.
Hughes looked great in a small sample size at the end of last year. I hope his entire game, (as a defense man), is of great value to the team.
W/E
I'm the only one that thinks locking this guy up long term was a better plan.
:hmmm:

Whats the deal Mick? Why all the drama?
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Boeser's agent Ben Hankinson on radio TSN 1040am this morning.

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040 ... -1.1366968

Note; There is an even more in depth one from Sportsnet 650am radio, but it's not available yet.
"evolution"
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

micky107 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:49 am
UWSaint wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:53 am
(3) When Boeser comes due for the next contract, he will be 25 and the next contract will cover only prime plus years. If he excels, he's going to be in a great spot. So will the Canucks -- by re-signing a star or by trading one.
Why would the Canucks be in a good spot trading a star player? (Or did you mean, having to trade one). No room available.

My guess is Boeser's next deal will be in the neighbourhood of or close to, 8.5 million per year. Maybe even more.

Looks nice now though. To most.
I wouldn't say there is no room available after 3 years. I was just commenting on the value of options. Because the bottom line is there is a limit to how many core players a team can have post-ELC deals. So if the Canucks are there (or if this core flames out), there is a real asset to trade (2 yrs. on RFA qualifier of 7.5M) that will bring back a strong return. In my view, that's better than a scenario where the guy has three more years left on an AAV of $7.5 or $8 (if Brock's deal was 6 years and those figures).

Look, by signing Boeser to a short deal, the Canucks do not pre-commit to him as part of the post-expansion-draft we-live-or-die-on-this-hill core. It allows them to make Petey the core of the core (which he should be unless he regresses due to severe injury or bad lifestyle choices) -- the first to sign a deal that carries into the late 2020s. And when it time to ink that Petey deal, there is no salary cap constraint in terms of other deals that go well into the 2020s. And Boeser is evaluated and then salaried to fit into Pettersson, not the other way around.
Hono_rary Canadian
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

UWSaint wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:21 am
It allows them to make Petey the core of the core (which he should be unless he regresses due to severe injury or bad lifestyle choices) -- the first to sign a deal that carries into the late 2020s. And when it time to ink that Petey deal, there is no salary cap constraint in terms of other deals that go well into the 2020s. And Boeser is evaluated and then salaried to fit into Pettersson, not the other way around.
So "your favorite player is Pettersson?.... :) :) :) :) :)
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

UWSaint wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:21 am
micky107 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:49 am
UWSaint wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:53 am
(3) When Boeser comes due for the next contract, he will be 25 and the next contract will cover only prime plus years. If he excels, he's going to be in a great spot. So will the Canucks -- by re-signing a star or by trading one.
Why would the Canucks be in a good spot trading a star player? (Or did you mean, having to trade one). No room available.

My guess is Boeser's next deal will be in the neighbourhood of or close to, 8.5 million per year. Maybe even more.

Looks nice now though. To most.
I wouldn't say there is no room available after 3 years. I was just commenting on the value of options. Because the bottom line is there is a limit to how many core players a team can have post-ELC deals. So if the Canucks are there (or if this core flames out), there is a real asset to trade (2 yrs. on RFA qualifier of 7.5M) that will bring back a strong return. In my view, that's better than a scenario where the guy has three more years left on an AAV of $7.5 or $8 (if Brock's deal was 6 years and those figures).

Look, by signing Boeser to a short deal, the Canucks do not pre-commit to him as part of the post-expansion-draft we-live-or-die-on-this-hill core. It allows them to make Petey the core of the core (which he should be unless he regresses due to severe injury or bad lifestyle choices) -- the first to sign a deal that carries into the late 2020s. And when it time to ink that Petey deal, there is no salary cap constraint in terms of other deals that go well into the 2020s. And Boeser is evaluated and then salaried to fit into Pettersson, not the other way around.
My thoughts exactly UW. It’s a good deal for both parties. Some have difficulty grasping this. If Boeser shoots the lights out they will find a way to look after him.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Jim Benning on the impact of signing Brock Boeser.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/650/vancouver- ... ck-boeser/

still waiting on the Hankinson talk.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:53 am
My thoughts exactly UW. It’s a good deal for both parties. Some have difficulty grasping this. If Boeser shoots the lights out they will find a way to look after him.
Promise?
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

micky107 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:58 am
Promise?
jesus Mick.. you need to rub one out or something to relax... You are WAY to worked up about shit!!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:20 am
jesus Mick.. you need to rub one out or something to relax... You are WAY to worked up about shit!!
I'll be fine. This isn't even close to being worked up. But is it not aloud to have a different point of view on the length of a player's contract?
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hankinson, (Boeser agent) on 650am radio this morning.

http://pmd.sportsnet650.ca/audio_on_dem ... erview.mp3
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:20 am
micky107 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:58 am
Promise?
:lol:

Come on Micky...we all care about ya.

Boeser on a bridge is better than holding out ya? You can relax now and enjoy the show
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:46 am

Boeser on a bridge is better than holding out ya? You can relax now and enjoy the show

Fred is in his own short bus on a short bridge. We’ll see if he takes a long drive.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:52 am

Fred is in his own short bus on a short bridge. We’ll see if he takes a long drive.
pointless post meant to belittle...............why expect anything else :look:
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

micky107 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:59 am

Yesterday Baubles was whining at being the target. LOL
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:08 pm
micky107 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:59 am

Yesterday Baubles was whining at being the target. LOL
Hargraves asks that the grubby coal miner wash himself up before addressing him.