Canucks Contracts

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Mickey107 »

SKYO wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:42 am Weisbrod:
Sportsnet 650

Weisbrod on Brock: I've seen or heard the cap space sentiment, having been in the discussions - the cap space is not the issue. That issue has not in any way been an impediment to getting him signed.

I think it's more of a political type of thing with the number of RFA's that are unsigned, the PA's interest in how that goes - the pace-setters and who sets the ceiling. You've got the Marner's/Points in 1 category, the Connor's/Boeser's in another category.
If it's political and the Canucks / Boeser camp, has had a nudge-nudge>>>shshshshshsh, don't announce nothin till the Biggy does, well;

............................................................................. :evil: :evil: :evil:
"evolution"
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

SKYO wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:18 pm I bet Boeser signs pretty quick, in the end he'll get a fair contract, playing with Petey and having a strong start is probably pretty important and the franchise has treated him well from the beginning.

I mean he could hold out for a smidgen more money, but why have a poor start ala William Nylander?

GETR DONE.
Yup,long term, short term it's a win for the Canucks!
Now that Marners done, Brock will be signing soon.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I'd come back to Boeser and offer him coke head Kuznetsov's contract.

8 years $7.8M AAV.

Boeser would be making more than Zach Parise, ROR, Tarasenko and Bobby-fucking-Ryan (just sounds better)
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:08 pm I'd come back to Boeser and offer him coke head Kuznetsov's contract.

8 years $7.8M AAV.

Boeser would be making more than Zach Parise, ROR, Tarasenko and Bobby-fucking-Ryan (just sounds better)
Problem is everyone (including Boeser) knows he'll be a 40-goal scorer...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

He still hasn’t scored 30. Go short term 2 - 3 years or 6 -8. Stay away from four or five year deals unless it’s a sweetheart deal for the team.

Boeser isn’t comparable to Tarasenko at this point. Or ROR for that matter. The other two guys mentioned are on horrible contracts
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:24 pm He still hasn’t scored 30. Go short term 2 - 3 years or 6 -8. Stay away from four or five year deals unless it’s a sweetheart deal for the team.

Boeser isn’t comparable to Tarasenko at this point. Or ROR for that matter. The other two guys mentioned are on horrible contracts
Well Skyo was talking about an 8-year contract...
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:14 pm
SKYO wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:08 pm I'd come back to Boeser and offer him coke head Kuznetsov's contract.

8 years $7.8M AAV.

Problem is everyone (including Boeser) knows he'll be a 40-goal scorer.
Also everyone knows he's injury prone and may never reach it. :o ... just saying dude is like Sami Salo the glassman - so far Boeser has injured his foot, hand, groin and has had a horrendous back injury-----------why I'd be intrigued on a Laine blockbuster deal.
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:24 pm He still hasn’t scored 30. Go short term 2 - 3 years or 6 -8.
Stay away from four or five year deals unless it’s a sweetheart deal for the team.
idk but a four year Timo Meier contract imo would be the money spot, can see his health over this time span with lower cap AAV a bit, and maybe get a bit more than Meier, but at the cost of a lower salary in year 4, ie not $10M salary, more like $7M-$8M salary.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:40 pm -----------why I'd be intrigued on a Laine blockbuster deal.
Yeahno, keep the character guy.

Take freaky Laine on your fantasy team, not your real-life team. :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:13 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:28 am It’ll happen part way through the pre season likely towards the end. Once they cut Schaller and Eriksson there will be more than enough cap space. They can also put Roussel on LTIR if they have a longer term deal in mind.

The chicken littles running around with their hair on fire is adorable
While I'm optimistic something gets done before October, the cap situation does need to get sorted out. No way we should be going into the season as an LTIR squad. Flush Eriksson and Sutter and be done with it.
+1
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:46 pm
SKYO wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:40 pm -----------why I'd be intrigued on a Laine blockbuster deal.
Yeahno, keep the character guy.

Take freaky Laine on your fantasy team, not your real-life team. :wink:
Laine has mad character, fortnite proves that.

*takes a bow*

It would be be like Heatley for Hossa levels.

Anyways Werenski and Provorov are setting some comparables for Quinn Hughes in a couple years, dmen as per usual seem to get less than their forward counterparts, which seems to be an NHL tradition from time immemorial.

Werenski $5M x 3 bridge contract.
2019 44pts .54ppg (playoffs 1 goal, 5 assists in 10 games)
2018 37pts .48ppg (playoffs 1 goal, 2 assists in 6 games)
2017 47pts .6ppg (playoffs 1 goal in 3 games)

Provorov $6.75M x 6
2019 26pts .32ppg
2018 41pts .5ppg (playoffs 3 assists in 6 games)
2017 30pts .37ppg
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:13 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:28 am It’ll happen part way through the pre season likely towards the end. Once they cut Schaller and Eriksson there will be more than enough cap space. They can also put Roussel on LTIR if they have a longer term deal in mind.

The chicken littles running around with their hair on fire is adorable
While I'm optimistic something gets done before October, the cap situation does need to get sorted out. No way we should be going into the season as an LTIR squad. Flush Eriksson and Sutter and be done with it.
Doing the ltir dance is the new way of circumventing the cap, it gives us actual depth. Flush eriksson but sutter is still a good 3rd line center if healthy.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

They should sign Hughes and Petey to long term deals a year early at a slightly reduced rate.
Next summer, if Petey gets 100 points this year, give him 10m x 8
and if Hughes wins the Calder 9m x 8
and lock in Boeser this week to 8m x 8
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Cherry Picker wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:37 pm They should sign Hughes and Petey to long term deals a year early at a slightly reduced rate.
Pettersson will be the most interesting one of em all.

American teams franchise forwards:
Crosby, Malkin, Kane, Toews, Stamkos I believe all had 5 year "affordable" 2nd contracts, then long term max dollar 3rd contracts.
(crosby/malkin/kane/toews) all got multiple championships as well.

While the Toronto Maple leaves and Oilers just went straight to max bucks.
Matthews - 5 year max paid...(not only big dollars, but a shorter term - SMFH).
McDavid - 8 year max paid (this was ok though as it's mcdavid, still).
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cherry Picker wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:37 pm They should sign Hughes and Petey to long term deals a year early at a slightly reduced rate.
+1
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

If we're being really real.

AAV's
W. Nylander 6.9M, Gaudreau 6.75M, Pastrnak 6.6M, Larkin 6.1M, Guentzel 6M, Meier 6M, Konecny 5.5.

Boeser lines up with these guys, he should be in-line with $6.5M - $6.9M AAV x 6 years ish.

Pierre LeBrun:

After about a week without much communication, hearing that the dialogue has picked up between the Canucks and Brock Boeser’s camp over the past 24 hours. Who knows where it leads but at least there’s dialogue.
And if he does get something like that, we can kinda thank JB getting Horvat at $5.5M the defacto young vet leader, creating an internal team culture of young RFA's not trying to get super paid - (RFA's after their ELC's), not the older dudes UFA's.