2019/20 Predictions

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019/20 Predictions

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

5thhorseman wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:52 pm Yeah, he's probably backed up real good :)
:lol:

He backs right up onto it
If you need air...call it in
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

5thhorseman wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:36 pm I predict Mick will suffer a mild depression due to not being able to post meaningless GIFs. Corn will relent around Xmas and the floodgates will open, causing the server to crash and Strange's dismay, all archives to be lost.

Mild?
We'll have to keep him off the roofs... might 'slip' again....
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

I really wanted to go "there" Imperial Husker, but I refrained.

Just don't send Doc or Doily to talk Mick down. He won't be 'slipping' this time... he'll be doing a full triple-gainer.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hank wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:06 pm I really wanted to go "there" Imperial Husker, but I refrained.

Just don't send Doc or Doily to talk Mick down. He won't be 'slipping' this time... he'll be doing a full triple-gainer.
A Harold Snepsts crosscheck right across the shoulder blades
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

All dat hockey talk was confusing

I wudda jus pushed da fuck.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

JUST KIDDING!!!

(It would have been a carefully concocted serum that was liberally spread under the left heel (his 'power heel' when turning) to look like a 'simple' accident while strolling on his 11:1 sloped tin roof. When a sudden, abrupt noise sounded (to his right - he is now spinning on his 'weak side') he loses his balance and plunges over the side of the eves in what is later reported as 'an unfortunate human body-to-ground interface' by the police. He perished upon impact... there was only a 'one-in-a-million' chance that broken, jagged edged hockey stick was sitting there, at that precise angle, waiting to spear his unsuspecting flailing falling body, but alas... there it was. This saddens the neighbors who always said he 'was such a quiet, nice fellow, who kept to himself.'

It is only upon the maditory police search of the premises when finding an unreported 7.8 day old dead body, that the police find the cache of automatic weapons, canadian postal uniforms, freshly shorn sheep pictures, and hand written scripture from catholic priests that they begin to suspect foul play)
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

... was that over the line (according to the new 'summers over') rules?

:D :lol:
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

..... uh.......

I mean I predict the Canucks make the playoff spot this year :oops:

:roll:
Rocky Dennis
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rocky Dennis »

micky107 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:22 am .
Jake is going to have a gargantuan year! He will make a big splash this time round. The rest of his NHL career is dependant on it.
"His" salary, as opposed to some others, is mighty team friendly. He knows damn well what's at stake for him.
In a perfect world, he can do everything and more, than Baertschi. Have seen it, but no where near what could be called consistently.
We've seen him make great passes, sometimes. Score close to highlight reel goals, every now and then. Seen him be the first man back
defensively, when he remembers to. His shot is very good, when he uses it.
Now here's my wee problem: We've seen him deliver some clean but devastating hits, but then seemingly make a quick exit.
Gotta back it up there once in a while there Snake!
Best part? He's cheap and guess what? Even with a good year, I honestly believe he would sign another Show me, style
contract, even if he was advised by his agent??? to go for more. I think as low as Two / point / Two or three, would geterdun.
HE WANTS TO STAY HERE.
Boy this prediction didn't age well.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:53 pm ... was that over the line (according to the new 'summers over') rules?

:D :lol:
No, because it was a prediction. ;)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:37 pm JUST KIDDING!!!

(It would have been a carefully concocted serum that was liberally spread under the left heel (his 'power heel' when turning) to look like a 'simple' accident while strolling on his 11:1 sloped tin roof. When a sudden, abrupt noise sounded (to his right - he is now spinning on his 'weak side') he loses his balance and plunges over the side of the eves in what is later reported as 'an unfortunate human body-to-ground interface' by the police. He perished upon impact... there was only a 'one-in-a-million' chance that broken, jagged edged hockey stick was sitting there, at that precise angle, waiting to spear his unsuspecting flailing falling body, but alas... there it was. This saddens the neighbors who always said he 'was such a quiet, nice fellow, who kept to himself.'

It is only upon the maditory police search of the premises when finding an unreported 7.8 day old dead body, that the police find the cache of automatic weapons, canadian postal uniforms, freshly shorn sheep pictures, and hand written scripture from catholic priests that they begin to suspect foul play)
:lol:
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Rocky Dennis wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:58 pm
micky107 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:22 am .
Jake is going to have a gargantuan year! He will make a big splash this time round. The rest of his NHL career is dependant on it.
"His" salary, as opposed to some others, is mighty team friendly. He knows damn well what's at stake for him.
In a perfect world, he can do everything and more, than Baertschi. Have seen it, but no where near what could be called consistently.
We've seen him make great passes, sometimes. Score close to highlight reel goals, every now and then. Seen him be the first man back
defensively, when he remembers to. His shot is very good, when he uses it.
Now here's my wee problem: We've seen him deliver some clean but devastating hits, but then seemingly make a quick exit.
Gotta back it up there once in a while there Snake!
Best part? He's cheap and guess what? Even with a good year, I honestly believe he would sign another Show me, style
contract, even if he was advised by his agent??? to go for more. I think as low as Two / point / Two or three, would geterdun.
HE WANTS TO STAY HERE.
Boy this prediction didn't age well.
Are you sure? Think about it..

Or just consider; "Dead men tell no lies". :lol:
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

So Hargraves is the only one with the cajones to put a points prediction on the team for the coming season? You guys must be a hoot in hockey pools. :roll:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

I'm saying 90s - the Pacific is arguably worse than last year, low-90s should get 3rd seed.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

50th year plus retiring numbers 22 and 33 means they’ll get 105 points. Book it!
We are all Snidely Whiplash.