Canucks Contracts

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Mickey107 »

This 650am radio show from this morning just might have something to do with Doyle's comparison to me and Rick D. ;)
https://www.sportsnet.ca/650/sportsnets ... minnesota/

Note; they'll take their time with the availability of the 10am to 2pm show (comma) Damn it.
Last edited by Mickey107 on Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Irfaan Gaffar

@sportsnetirf
Brock back skating/training at UND. https://twitter.com/schlossmangf/status ... 4007195650

Brad Elliott Schlossman
@SchlossmanGF
With no contract yet for the upcoming season, and training camp days away, Brock Boeser has returned to campus: https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports ... rns-to-UND
Very sad:>>Image
10:06 AM - Sep 11, 2019
[Rick Dhaliwal
@DhaliwalSports
Brock Boeser skating in North Dakota with some other pro players while he awaits contract.
ND coach Brad Berry : “I just talked to him, he wants to be in Vancouver but this is apart of the process.” #Canucks
11:19 AM · Sep 11, 2019/quote]
Last edited by Mickey107 on Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

It’ll happen part way through the pre season likely towards the end. Once they cut Schaller and Eriksson there will be more than enough cap space. They can also put Roussel on LTIR if they have a longer term deal in mind.

The chicken littles running around with their hair on fire is adorable
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:28 am It’ll happen part way through the pre season likely towards the end. Once they cut Schaller and Eriksson there will be more than enough cap space. They can also put Roussel on LTIR if they have a longer term deal in mind.

I agree.. its amusing that some of the SIF (sky is falling) crowd are supposed to be 1/2 intelligent about hockey matters, but every click is all about a non-existent "cap crunch" and how we only have 4odd million to sign him...
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:05 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:28 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:19 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:14 am Travel mug full of carolines/baileys and yellow tinted safety glasses for the wake 'n bake eyes.

You could be hammered and fried and nobody will suspect fuck all...
I didn’t say I don’t occasionally puff before work
:lol:

Only before shift never on the clock unless its during that unpaid half hour lunch break right?
Oh I get paid for my lunch break sir. My shit breaks too.
If you're there for 8.5 or 10.5 then no you dont...I've worked alot of union jobs and thats never been paid.

Which allows one to enjoy a lunchtime gagger free of guilt
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:28 am It’ll happen part way through the pre season likely towards the end. Once they cut Schaller and Eriksson there will be more than enough cap space. They can also put Roussel on LTIR if they have a longer term deal in mind.

"That" would be acceptable 8-)
But Eriksson was on the radio a spell ago and said he talked to Green and are working things out and that his comments were taken out of
context. In other words; he aint goin anywhere and will no doubt start the season with the big club.
He is enjoying the day at the Jake Milford golf tournament with his team-mates.

"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:39 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:05 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:28 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:19 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:14 am Travel mug full of carolines/baileys and yellow tinted safety glasses for the wake 'n bake eyes.

You could be hammered and fried and nobody will suspect fuck all...
I didn’t say I don’t occasionally puff before work

Only before shift never on the clock unless its during that unpaid half hour lunch break right?
Oh I get paid for my lunch break sir. My shit breaks too.
If you're there for 8.5 or 10.5 then no you dont...I've worked alot of union jobs and thats never been paid.

Which allows one to enjoy a lunchtime gagger free of guilt
Dude I’m pretty much my own boss. I dont work for a union. Only once did I make that mistake- worst four months of my life

As for guilt LOL
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:49 am

As for guilt LOL

Ya...I'm smokin what yer rollin. Some people have principles and shit...

As a sparky I cant rip fatties if I'm working and expect shit to look straight but breaks are another story...or driving around in the ladder truck.... In Van years ago my partner and I were bombing a fattie in a marked up van and someone called the company on us lol. My boss was the plug
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:05 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:49 am

As for guilt LOL

Ya...I'm smokin what yer rollin. Some people have principles and shit...

As a sparky I cant rip fatties if I'm working and expect shit to look straight but breaks are another story...or driving around in the ladder truck.... In Van years ago my partner and I were bombing a fattie in a marked up van and someone called the company on us lol. My boss was the plug
:lol: Hargraves used to do some bad shit when he was a much younger man. As I approach a 1/2 century it’s time for Hargraves to become a kinder and gentler soul.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

While I'm optimistic something gets done before October, the cap situation does need to get sorted out. No way we should be going into the season as an LTIR squad. Flush Eriksson and Sutter and be done with it.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Boeser contract impasse with Canucks familiar to Horvat
Forward remains restricted free agent with Vancouver training camp set to begin Friday
by Kevin Woodley / NHL.com independent correspondent

https://www.nhl.com/news/canucks-horvat ... -309071556
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I bet Boeser signs pretty quick, in the end he'll get a fair contract, playing with Petey and having a strong start is probably pretty important and the franchise has treated him well from the beginning.

I mean he could hold out for a smidgen more money, but why have a poor start ala William Nylander?

GETR DONE.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

@benkuzma
Stecher: “I just told Brock as a friend that if you’re not here (at camp), don’t feel stressed and continue to work hard and make sure you’re prepared to come back. Make sure you’re not a step behind. But don’t feel bad. Your dad (Duke) is very ill right now’”
I'll show the whole thing cause it's a little funny; ( might be some paywall there ? ).
https://twitter.com/benkuzma/status/117 ... de%3Dfalse
"evolution"
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

micky107 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:47 am

"That" would be acceptable 8-)
But Eriksson was on the radio a spell ago and said he talked to Green and are working things out and that his comments were taken out of
context. In other words; he aint goin anywhere and will no doubt start the season with the big club.
So what if he does. We don't have a cap issue, and we can trade him next year, or buy him out if we need a bit more room for Pete/Quinn in 2 years. He's only $4 buyout his last year, giving us an extra $2. We have like 730 sleeps until then (or, 1500 diaper changes for the shit your pants/urine crew), so lots will change.

If Ericksson earns a spot in our top 12, that is a good thing seeing how we have about 18 potential top 12 guys. Depth is good.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Weisbrod:
Sportsnet 650

Weisbrod on Brock: I've seen or heard the cap space sentiment, having been in the discussions - the cap space is not the issue. That issue has not in any way been an impediment to getting him signed.

I think it's more of a political type of thing with the number of RFA's that are unsigned, the PA's interest in how that goes - the pace-setters and who sets the ceiling. You've got the Marner's/Points in 1 category, the Connor's/Boeser's in another category.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.