Training Camp - 2019

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Raile
MVP
MVP

Re: Training Camp - 2019

Post by Raile »

micky107 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:41 am
Raile wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:33 am
Work brought me out there short term, stayed 12 years because I liked it there.

On Brexit, I'm not overly interested in arguing about it. Let's just say your thoughts couldn't be more opposite than mine. :?
Before you know it, You'll be having a sip down in the bar>>>>Creepers>>>with Per... ;)
Like I said I don't really want to get in to the argument that is inevitable there, but ya never know :mrgreen:
Raile
MVP
MVP

Post by Raile »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:40 am
Raile wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:33 am Let's just say your thoughts couldn't be more opposite than mine. :?
In that case never mind. :mrgreen:
I thought you might say that :thumbs:
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Consensus has Brock, Petey and Miller on the first line - makes utter sense. Those who want Ferland there for deterrence factor may have forgotten that Miller can chuck them as well - he's just not as feared as Ferland but may have more miles on his fists/noggin.

I would like to see Pearson, Horvat and Baertschi on the 2nd line. Baertschi still has top-6 skill. If he gets another bump on the noggin, you can park him on IR for the rest of the season - at least he should get you some points and wins by that time, and you can put whoever shows promise into his spot. Hopefully one of Virtanen or Goldobin earns the inevitable injury replacement job and runs with it.

Sutter still has the 3rd line centre spot between Ferland and Virtanen. Until Gaudette shows that he can take Sutter's job, Sutter has it. I think both Ferland and Virtanen can move up the lineup depending on how things are going or who gets injured but that should be a good grinding power line that can score. You can slot Goldobin or even Gaudette on one of the wings if Green needs someone on that line who can pass the puck.

Beagle will anchor the 4th line with the likes of Roussel (when he gets healthy again), Motte (until Roussel comes back) and Leivo.

Eriksson can have fun in Utica until he opens up management's options for trade destinations - or terminates his contract, whichever comes first. Schaller can eat shit in Utica (or, more likely, become Trent Cull's go-to guy at the expense of younger players' ice time). MacEwen may make a case, but will likely be one of the first call-ups unless Cull gets his heart set on Schaller's worthiness for promotion.

Blueline options look like:

Myers and Hughes
Edler and Tanev
Benn and Stetcher

Biega and Fantenberg can round out the press box, or get moved if Juolevi proves he can stick. They'll just be happy they're drawing an NHL paycheque.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Lancer wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:52 am Consensus has Brock, Petey and Miller on the first line - makes utter sense. Those who want Ferland there for deterrence factor may have forgotten that Miller can chuck them as well - he's just not as feared as Ferland but may have more miles on his fists/noggin.

I would like to see Pearson, Horvat and Baertschi on the 2nd line. Baertschi still has top-6 skill. If he gets another bump on the noggin, you can park him on IR for the rest of the season - at least he should get you some points and wins by that time, and you can put whoever shows promise into his spot. Hopefully one of Virtanen or Goldobin earns the inevitable injury replacement job and runs with it.

Sutter still has the 3rd line centre spot between Ferland and Virtanen. Until Gaudette shows that he can take Sutter's job, Sutter has it. I think both Ferland and Virtanen can move up the lineup depending on how things are going or who gets injured but that should be a good grinding power line that can score. You can slot Goldobin or even Gaudette on one of the wings if Green needs someone on that line who can pass the puck.

Beagle will anchor the 4th line with the likes of Roussel (when he gets healthy again), Motte (until Roussel comes back) and Leivo.

Eriksson can have fun in Utica until he opens up management's options for trade destinations - or terminates his contract, whichever comes first. Schaller can eat shit in Utica (or, more likely, become Trent Cull's go-to guy at the expense of younger players' ice time). MacEwen may make a case, but will likely be one of the first call-ups unless Cull gets his heart set on Schaller's worthiness for promotion.
I agree with most of this, but I would try Ferland out in the top-6. He's shown he can produce points with premier players. His last season in Calgary he was playing alongside Gaudreau and Monahan. I would try him out with Pettey and Brock.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

I think both Miller and Ferkland are adaptable players who've proven they can produce.

They can play up and down the lineup, but TG would be remiss not to use them both in the top-6.

The ultimate goal is to give the core of Petey, Brock and Bo the ammo for them to take the next step offensively... not to have them carry the Goldy, Loui and even Bearcheese luggage around.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Goldy, Loui and even Bearcheese <- one of these things is not like the others.
When he has his head right, he has played very well with Bo.
Baertschi Horvat and Pearson would be a good combination to try and would likely have more creativity than the heavier combination of Ferland Horvat and Pearson, but concussions are a real worry. Then again they are a real worry for Ferland, too.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Consensus has Brock, Petey and Miller on the first line - makes utter sense. Those who want Ferland there for deterrence factor may have forgotten that Miller can chuck them as well - he's just not as feared as Ferland but may have more miles on his fists/noggin.
"Consensus" also had Ericksson playing with the twins... So don't put much faith in armchair coaches.

Let Green make the line combos after he see's how peoples chemistry works out.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Let's get Brock re-signed before training camp, how about that?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:40 am
Raile wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:33 am Let's just say your thoughts couldn't be more opposite than mine. :?
In that case never mind. :mrgreen:
Raille, you spelled thighs wrong.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

22 sleeps til camp :thumbs:
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

14 sleeps til training camp (or fewer, depending on any alcohol/drug induced comas)

13 sleeps til Boeser's new contract :D :D :D
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Tciso wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:19 am 14 sleeps til training camp (or fewer, depending on any alcohol/drug induced comas)

Man i sure hope that BB doesnt sit out any time. That would be a huge run in the joint
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:35 am
Tciso wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:19 am 14 sleeps til training camp (or fewer, depending on any alcohol/drug induced comas)

Man i sure hope that BB doesnt sit out any time. That would be a huge run in the joint
Especially when his partner in crime against opposing goalies has; Buffed-up.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

So how does our lineup look if Brockett holds out? How likely is he to actually follow through with it?

He doesnt strike me as the type but its the agents that are pulling the strings on this. Theres a half dozen rfas doing the same all around the league. Is it some sort of colluded conspiracy at play? Is it really all about bitch marner?
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:00 am So how does our lineup look if Brockett holds out? How likely is he to actually follow through with it?

He doesnt strike me as the type but its the agents that are pulling the strings on this. Theres a half dozen rfas doing the same all around the league. Is it some sort of colluded conspiracy at play? Is it really all about bitch marner?
It’s about Austin Matthews.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”