CC Random thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: CC Random thread

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:33 pm You took that quote from the bountiful thread in a conversation that had nothing to do with the holocaust and out of context to the conversation in which you found it.

Clearly it was not taken out of context...
ukcanuck wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:33 pm Its a damn lie on your part and shocking proof that you have lost the plot and the argument.

How could it be a lie... and what plot/argument?

All I did was re-post your words with links to them for context. :eh:

As I said, "don't shoot".

ukcanuck wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:33 pm Oh bullshit, obviously Mueller did not have the power to exonerate Trump

Right, like I said (and Per agreed) Mueller did not have the power to exonerate Trump... :look:

ukcanuck wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:33 pm Yet again you fail to even attempt to engage with actual facts with links

What can I say, I don't want to engage in the Israel/Palestine subject

... let alone with someone who's maniacal about it.

ukcanuck wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:33 pm I'm losing my religion Doc
This would no doubt a good thing for the world at large.

(but judging by your posts today I highly doubt it)
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:08 pm

But this particular writer (Daniel Greenfield) is highly respected and unbiased.

Daniel Greenfield, a notorious anti-Muslim blogger for Front Page, a dark media outfit operated and funded by David Horowitz, slapped the piece up on his website:
Daniel Greenfield, premiere Genocide-inciter at David Horowitz’s FrontPageRag
Islamophobe Daniel Greenfield, aka “SultanKnish,” who you will recall earns a pretty penny from the David Horowitz Freedom Center.
Daniel Greenfield an Israeli living in New York, who is a fellow at the David Horowitz Freedom Centre the same organisation that sponsors Jihad Watch. Daniel is obsessed with a pathological hatred for Muslims and a delusion that the US military exists to carry out his fantasy of a war on Islam. Daniel’s postings regularly dehumanise Muslims, and are filled with anti Islam screeds which he fabricates on whim
yeah seems a very respected guy :lol:
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:46 pm

LOL the religion was you Doc, I deliberated whether to post it ( i doubted you would get it) I should have gone with my first instinct.

No doubt I'll have it thrown in my face out of context and in a completely different discussion...

anyway at least we still have Benning :D
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:02 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:08 pm

But this particular writer (Daniel Greenfield) is highly respected and unbiased.

Daniel Greenfield, a notorious anti-Muslim blogger for Front Page, a dark media outfit operated and funded by David Horowitz, slapped the piece up on his website:
Daniel Greenfield, premiere Genocide-inciter at David Horowitz’s FrontPageRag
Islamophobe Daniel Greenfield, aka “SultanKnish,” who you will recall earns a pretty penny from the David Horowitz Freedom Center.
Daniel Greenfield an Israeli living in New York, who is a fellow at the David Horowitz Freedom Centre the same organisation that sponsors Jihad Watch. Daniel is obsessed with a pathological hatred for Muslims and a delusion that the US military exists to carry out his fantasy of a war on Islam. Daniel’s postings regularly dehumanise Muslims, and are filled with anti Islam screeds which he fabricates on whim
yeah seems a very respected guy :lol:
More irony!

He's "not respected" by Hamas! :lol:

(read below)

You got those quotes from from loonwatch.com! :lol:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2012/1/19/1056337/-
Loonwatch unconditionally attacks criticism of Islam but they refuse to criticize the many, many Islamic clerics and terrorists who are hurting people in the name of Islam. Should a person have something to say publicly questioning the funneling of monies from Islamic charities to Islamic terrorist networks, Loonwatch is there to call them a “Loon” for even raising the question. That’s quite a clever system – a form of radical Islamic McCarthyism it seems – with the first line of defense being a blogoshere of misinformed infidels who will blurt out the word “Islamophobe” at the slightest mention that within Islam there might be a problem brewing. What a clever design.

And how does Loonwatch report on the many, many Islamic inspired hate crimes in the world today? By waiting for someone to say anything critical about them and then branding that person a “Loon”.

For what it’s worth, here is what WikiPedia says about the connection between Hamas and the Council on American Islamic Relations (C.A.I.R.):
(read the link I posted)

How does this relate to Loonwatch? Loonwatch works with CAIR by broadcasting CAIR's point of view. They are very consistent on this. Loonwatch is never in disagreement with CAIR. CAIR thanks Loonwatch in their "Hate Report".

Connecting all of these dots is deeply, deeply concerning. Here is the math: Out of the Muslim Brotherhood come a number of terrorist organizations including Al Queda and Hamas. Out of Hamas comes C.A.I.R. and Loonwatch becomes a mirror for anything that C.A.I.R. wants to convey to Americans about how harmless Islam is.
Why am I not surprised you get your info from them? :wink:

As for your previous link mediaBias (that "passed judgement" on Greenfield/Frontpage) here's what they are all about:

https://www.cjr.org/innovations/measure ... rtisan.php
Amateur attempts at such tools already exist, and have found plenty of fans. Google “media bias,” and you’ll find Media Bias/Fact Check, run by armchair media analyst Dave Van Zandt. The site’s methodology is simple: Van Zandt and his team rate each outlet from 0 to 10 on the categories of biased wording and headlines, factuality and sourcing, story choices (“does the source report news from both sides”), and political affiliation.

A similar effort is “The Media Bias Chart,” or simply, “The Chart.” Created by Colorado patent attorney Vanessa Otero, the chart has gone through several methodological iterations, but currently is based on her evaluation of outlets’ stories on dimensions of veracity, fairness, and expression.

Both efforts suffer from the very problem they’re trying to address: Their subjective assessments leave room for human biases, or even simple inconsistencies, to creep in. Compared to Gentzkow and Shapiro, the five to 20 stories typically judged on these sites represent but a drop of mainstream news outlets’ production.
Like I said... irony!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:09 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:46 pm

LOL the religion was you Doc, I deliberated whether to post it ( i doubted you would get it) I should have gone with my first instinct.
To be honest, I knew that.

In gathering your quotes above I noticed you said it once before. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

A deadly mishap in Russia's Far North, and a nuclear mystery lingers

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/12/europe/r ... index.html

Isotopes are variants of a particular chemical element which differ in neutron number, and consequently in nucleon number. All isotopes of a given element have the same number of protons but different numbers of neutrons in each atom

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
The United States is learning much from the failed missile explosion in Russia. We have similar, though more advanced, technology. The Russian “Skyfall” explosion has people worried about the air around the facility, and far beyond. Not good!
2:26 PM - Aug 12, 2019
"evolution"
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Read the guy way down on the Tweets; Oh I've handled munitions and I can tell you that's not a nuke.
OK. Pal.

baby boomers
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Winter is coming
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Topper wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:09 pm
Winter is coming
Oh, come on, we’re barely half way through August! :evil:

And I don't even live in Västerås... :?
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:09 pm
Winter is coming
Oh shit, is it too late to start burning more fossil fuels and save the planet?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://www.foxnews.com/media/trump-cnn ... uomo-fredo
Trump mocks CNN’s Chris Cuomo over viral video: ‘I thought Chris was Fredo also’

President Trump ripped CNN’s Chris Cuomo as an "out-of-control animal" on Tuesday in response to a viral video in which the “Cuomo Prime Time” host threatened a man who apparently had called him "Fredo."

A video of the confrontation, which originally surfaced on the YouTube channel "That's The Point with Brandon”...

The confrontation took place Sunday at a bar on New York's Shelter Island...

"No, punk-ass bitches from the right call me 'Fredo.' My name is Chris Cuomo. I'm an anchor on CNN," Cuomo responded. "'Fredo' was from 'The Godfather.' He was a weak brother and they use that as an Italian slur -- are any of you Italian?... It's a f---ing insult to your people. It's an insult to your fuckin' people. It's like the N-word for us. Is that a cool fucking thing?"

The president later sent another tweet directed at Cuomo, who recently hosted a CNN town hall on gun control.

“Would Chris Cuomo be given a Red Flag for his recent rant? Filthy language and a total loss of control,” Trump tweeted. “He shouldn’t be allowed to have any weapon. He’s nuts!”
:lol:

Donald Trump Jr. took notice of the viral video and offered his thoughts on the situation.

“Hey @ChrisCuomo, take it from me, “Fredo” isn’t the N word for Italians, it just means you’re the dumb brother,” he wrote.

Cuomo announced Monday afternoon, hours before the video went viral, that "Cuomo Prime Time" was on hiatus this week and would be back on-air Aug. 19.

Ironically, the New York Post unearthed an old video in which Cuomo playfully referred to himself as “Fredo” during a 2010 radio interview.
Gotta admire these CNN hosts valiantly fighting back against racism!

Last week CNN host Don Lemon fought back by informing the world it is racist for a white man to call a black man "stupid". :eh:

Speaking of CNN host Don Lemon, here's some more CNN news from today:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... mptons-bar
CNN's Don Lemon sued for alleged assault at Hamptons bar

A lawsuit filed in Suffolk County, New York, claims that CNN host Don Lemon inflicted "emotional pain and suffering" on a man during a July 2018 incident.

The lawsuit details last summer's incident by alleging that after placing his hands down his own pants and "vigorously rubbing his genitalia," Lemon "intensely pushed his fingers against Plaintiff’s face under Plaintiff’s nose, forcing Plaintiff’s head to thrust backward." He allegedly further harassed the man, Dustin Hice, with aggressive sexual questions.

When the cameras are turned off … Mr. Lemon’s actions are in stark and disturbing contrast to the public persona he attempts to portray.
The man Don Lemon allegedly attacked was white

... fair then to expect Mr Lemon to play the race card in response to this lawsuit?

Remember when CNN was a respectable news network?

Neither do I!! :lol:

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/kr ... journalist
CNN's April Ryan Has Bodyguard Violently Eject Journalist, Steal Camera

It’s been a bad week for CNN. Hosts Chris Cuomo and Don Lemon both embroiled in their own scandals, one even caught on camera. Now CNN political analyst April Ryan is in hot water after a local journalist claims he was assaulted by Ryan’s bodyguard while covering an event she was speaking at, earlier this month.

Charlie Kratovil, a local New Jersey journalist and editor of New Brunswick Today, told his story on Twitter of covering the 4th annual New Jersey Parent Summit, where Ryan was speaking on August 3. You can see the thread below. He explained that he went through all the proper channels, documenting his story with evidence, along the way. According to Fox News, they also saw the emails showing “Kratovil had previously RSVP'd to the event and received confirmation.”

As for Ryan, she has been trying to squash the story, allegedly blocking people who retweet it, and staying silent on the matter, as of Wednesday morning.
Hmmm... April Ryan is black, her bodyguard is black, and the tossed journalist is white.

So I guess the reason they ejected Kratovil and roughed him up is... he's a racist?

SO. MANY. RACISTS. Keep up the good work CNN...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... opoly.html
Another blow for CNN as they're set to lose their airport monopoly

CNN has been the only TV provider in U.S. airports for two decades

Now an advertising network is partnering with entertainment shows to install more displays near boarding gates to give travelers options

Comes as CNN's ratings have been sliding all year
CNN. Reefer2's most trusted news source.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Christopher C. Cuomo
Appreciate all the support but - truth is I should be better than the guys baiting me. This happens all the time these days. Often in front of my family. But there is a lesson: no need to add to the ugliness; I should be better than what I oppose.
8:00 AM · Aug 13, 2019·
6 minute/30 seconds

....................................OOPS

"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... nsion.html
EXCLUSIVE: Jeffrey Epstein had a painting of Bill Clinton wearing a blue DRESS and red heels and lounging in the Oval Office inside his Manhattan mansion - visitor reveals bizarre image inside pedophile's $56m lair

https://babylonbee.com/news/bill-clinto ... suicide-is
PHILADELPHIA, PA—Speaking to a packed 30-seat arena, Bill Clinton remarked on Jeffrey Epstein's recent passing, saying that Epstein's cause of death "really depends on what your definition of 'suicide' is."

"Did Epstein commit suicide?" asked an attendee at the event.

"I did not have murderous relations with that man!" Mr Clinton insisted.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Sorry;

"evolution"