The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna »

William Nylander has an absurdly low shooting % (5.3). That won't continue (His career avg is 10.1). Still on a62 point pace the past 2 months with that % is terrific.

He also has the most points per 60 in the past 2 months than any Leaf (Better than Matthews, Tavares, Marner)
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

olpaddy wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:32 pm The disrespect for this player sickens me Panarin is gonna get 11+ as a UFA and the Maple Leaf are low
balling this kid forcing him into single digits ... Do the right thing Jim he can be had with an offer sheet...

Panarin is going to be UFA. Marner is RFA. MASSIVE difference.

And go ahead, sign Marner. I'll be happy to take the Canucks next 4 1st rounders. Enjoy Marner.

In the end though, Jim Benning will NEVER trade 4 years of 1st rounders. Zero chance.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:38 pm
BigTuna wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:41 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:27 pm - Koncussion Kapanen (who has actually been putting up Nylander numbers)
duh, no
So that is the only one of my points you disagree with, good.

Nylander has played most of his carreer on Matthews' wing and is a career .69 pts-per-gm guy with a 19-goal pace

(53 goals in 229 games).

Kapanen on Matthews' line is a .62 points-per-game guy with a 23-goal pace (19 goals in 68 games).

No way Wee Willy deserves more cashola than Kapanen or Johnsson.

($3M each on short-term bridge deals)
If you include assists (Have you heard of those) Nylander is way ahead. Kap won't even hit 50 points, Nylander's hit 60 twice.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... ZogQ9nIO_g

Here guys, here's an example of NHL assists.

http://dearsportsfan.com/2015/10/08/wha ... y-assist/

What is a hockey assist?

There you go ladies.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:39 pm
BigTuna wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:45 pm From James Mirtle:

William Nylander has produced at a 62-point pace the past two months, about his prior career average. Only Marner, Tavares and Matthews have scored more POINTS among Leaves forwards. Needed six weeks to get up to speed but has been fine since. Predictable
Willy Nilly has scored just 4 GOALS over that period (25 games).

That's a 12 or 13 goal pace over 82 games.

His 5 assists in the last 3 games playing on Matthews' line has boosted that small sample size of yours.

Hell, my dog could put up as many assists playing on Pigman's wing! :lol:

No-contact Nylander is leeching...
With a shooting % 5.3. Won't occur again probably in his career.
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

I don't follow the leaves and have only seen a couple of games on TV and live this year, but unless he stops playing on the perimeter, he will always have a low shooting percentage...

Take care...
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

rikster wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:47 am
I don't follow the Leaves and have only seen a couple of games on TV and live this year, but unless he stops playing on the perimeter, he will always have a low shooting percentage...

Take care...
His career shooting % is higher than the NHL average...
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I'd say Marner settles just under Matthews, but more than Tavares - @ $11.15M - $11.5M ish AAV
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

SKYO wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:00 am I'd say Marner settles just under Matthews, but more than Tavares - @ $11.15M - $11.5M ish AAV
Rantanen better get 12-13 million then.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

BigTuna wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:23 am
SKYO wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:00 am I'd say Marner settles just under Matthews, but more than Tavares - @ $11.15M - $11.5M ish AAV
He probably would if he was negotiating with Dubas.

But in Colorado he doesn't have any massive salaries to point to as precedence. MacKinnon is only making $6.3M, so Rantanen's agent can't point to internal contracts. All he can say is look at how stupid Dubas was in Toronto.....that'll drive the price up and the term down, but not as much because he's RFA, and Sakic isn't a wet behind the ears kid like the GM in Leafville.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:32 pm
____
Try to focus on someday.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

But in Colorado he doesn't have any massive salaries to point to as precedence. MacKinnon is only making $6.3M, so Rantanen's agent can't point to internal contracts. All he can say is look at how stupid Dubas was in Toronto.....that'll drive the price up and the term down, but not as much because he's RFA, and Sakic isn't a wet behind the ears kid like the GM in Leafville.
Do you honestly think that NHL players only compare themselves internally? LOL. What is Rantanen going to do, take 6 million. You are delusional if you think his agent puts up with that.
The funny thing is, Sakic wanted Dubas as Colorado GM.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

BigTuna wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:55 pm

Do you honestly think that NHL players only compare themselves internally? LOL. What is Rantanen going to do, take 6 million. You are delusional if you think his agent puts up with that.
Sigh. No I don't think that at all. But it is a negotiating point for agents to use, and it is leverage one way or the other.

Colorado has to strike a balance between what the current market is, and what they are paying their best player (MacKinnon). If they give Rantanen $4M more than they are paying Nate.....who is looking at back-to-back years scoring at a 100+ point clip, it's not gonna be the happiest of scenes because how much of Rantanen's production is because of MacKinnon?

Sakic can sit there and tell Rantanen's agent that hey, we want your guy to sign here, we want him long term, but we have to find something that works, and if he wants to sit out and go train in Europe that's his call, but there will be no strong arming. Joe won't blink the way Dubas did, and Rantanen won't follow Nylander's path.

Rantanen will get more than MacKinnon, but I'm betting he gets $7.5-8M on a bridge deal.

The bottom line is that Rantanen isn't negotiating with a GM who just paid 8 figures to a pair of guys who are producing less than he is.....Marner is.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Mëds wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:06 pm
BigTuna wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:55 pm

Sigh. No I don't think that at all. But it is a negotiating point for agents to use, and it is leverage one way or the other.

Colorado has to strike a balance between what the current market is, and what they are paying their best player (MacKinnon). If they give Rantanen $4M more than they are paying Nate.....who is looking at back-to-back years scoring at a 100+ point clip, it's not gonna be the happiest of scenes because how much of Rantanen's production is because of MacKinnon?

Sakic can sit there and tell Rantanen's agent that hey, we want your guy to sign here, we want him long term, but we have to find something that works, and if he wants to sit out and go train in Europe that's his call, but there will be no strong arming. Joe won't blink the way Dubas did, and Rantanen won't follow Nylander's path.

Rantanen will get more than MacKinnon, but I'm betting he gets $7.5-8M on a bridge deal.

The bottom line is that Rantanen isn't negotiating with a GM who just paid 8 figures to a pair of guys who are producing less than he is.....Marner is.
Rantanen is not setting for 7.5-8 million. LOL. No chance.
And wait for Sabastien Aho. He'll want a ton.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Shutout :lol:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….