LOL

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: LOL

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:50 am

More likely scenario is the guys a prick nobody likes personally and it hinders his ability to trade and make personnel moves. He fucked over alot of gms as an agent i bet
Nailed it. A shameless self promoter, full of weird ideas, more ego, than a true rink rat. But yeah, a miserable pompous douche if you ever met him, and not liked in the fraternity.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:50 am Isnt Gillis so stinking rich from having a successful career that anything he does is purely out of interest? I doubt his U-I is running out soon or anything.

More likely scenario is the guys a prick nobody likes personally and it hinders his ability to trade and make personnel moves. He fucked over alot of gms as an agent i bet
I feel a little bad for Gillis, he did give up an extremely lucrative agent practice to become a GM. He was probably earning millions a year, and I can't imagine how you'd build that back up - if you even could after being management.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:38 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:17 am
RoyalDude wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:48 am LMAO, Ron Francis being named the GM of Seattle, :lol: this is devastating news for the HF and 1040 Gillis cult. Devastating! They were all pining for him to land the job. LOL. Melvin must be suicidal over this.
The world- Gillis failed at something

The dude- openly power strumming his 3 inch one string banjo
You-duls, you know who is not going to take this well outside of Blob, MS and his crew? Matt Sekeres.

If you are Gillis, You-dels, do you move on from the dream of working in the NHL again? It’s been 5 years long without NHL work now. Read the tea leaves, Mike. The reality must be setting in for ole Players Agent

Blob, your thoughts?
Why should I give a fuck? You are the guy who is obsessed with the man? The system couldn’t keep up with how many times you’ve mentioned his name which leads me to believe it’s somewhere between 5 K and 15 K. Little disturbing no? He hadn’t worked for the team in five + years yet you talk about him daily.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

HF crashed, wonder where are all the minions will journey to, to get their hockey talk fix.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:28 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:38 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:17 am
RoyalDude wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:48 am LMAO, Ron Francis being named the GM of Seattle, :lol: this is devastating news for the HF and 1040 Gillis cult. Devastating! They were all pining for him to land the job. LOL. Melvin must be suicidal over this.
The world- Gillis failed at something

The dude- openly power strumming his 3 inch one string banjo
You-duls, you know who is not going to take this well outside of Blob, MS and his crew? Matt Sekeres.

If you are Gillis, You-dels, do you move on from the dream of working in the NHL again? It’s been 5 years long without NHL work now. Read the tea leaves, Mike. The reality must be setting in for ole Players Agent

Blob, your thoughts?
Why should I give a fuck? You are the guy who is obsessed with the man? The system couldn’t keep up with how many times you’ve mentioned his name which leads me to believe it’s somewhere between 5 K and 15 K. Little disturbing no? He hadn’t worked for the team in five + years yet you talk about him daily.
Hi Blob. Missed you. Glad you’re still alive :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:15 pm HF crashed, wonder where are all the minions will journey to, to get their hockey talk fix.
Leaves reacquiring Clarkson after working so hard to get rid of him shocked the entire hockey world! :lol:

Watch these schleps when they were live on the air trying to deal with the breaking news, hilarious:

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/what-s-the ... de~1736215

No one saw that one coming lol...
____
Try to focus on someday.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:55 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:50 am

Nailed it. A shameless self promoter, full of weird ideas, more ego, than a true rink rat. But yeah, a miserable pompous douche if you ever met him, and not liked in the fraternity.
What fraternity are you talking about exactly?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

SKYO wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:15 pm HF crashed, wonder where are all the minions will journey to, to get their hockey talk fix.
Better lock the back gate and change the old spotlight in the motion detector. yikes...
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

damonberryman wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:49 pm What fraternity are you talking about exactly?
Not the Water St Free Basers Fraternity DBM...dont worry
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

aaaand hf is back..18 hrs down due to a problem with a network load balancer.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

SKYO wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:58 am aaaand hf is back..18 hrs down due to a problem with a network load balancer.
"evolution"
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:30 pm
Leaves reacquiring Clarkson after working so hard to get rid of him shocked the entire hockey world! :lol:

Watch these schleps when they were live on the air trying to deal with the breaking news, hilarious:

I am no cap expert but something in the water in Toronto is really messing with their brains. This deal does nothing for them, nothing except the space they gained by Sparks leaving. The same issue they had before on signing Marner is the same issue they have now.

Also as Topper said, what if they have an injury?

Dubas has got to the one of the dumbest GMs in the league and I cannot stop laughing at the writers for TSN and Sportsnet.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:12 pm
Strangelove wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:30 pm

I am no cap expert but something in the water in Toronto is really messing with their brains. This deal does nothing for them, nothing except the space they gained by Sparks leaving. The same issue they had before on signing Marner is the same issue they have now.

Also as Topper said, what if they have an injury?

Dubas has got to the one of the dumbest GMs in the league and I cannot stop laughing at the writers for TSN and Sportsnet.
Well it's a desperation move, but it does help the Leaves deal with cap hell in certain ways.

See my post here:

viewtopic.php?p=349304#p349304

GMs (with the help of their cap experts) always have some sort of cap-consideration rationale.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

They can sing no other song. Boring, boring, boring. Why?
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/ ... 01/page-11
"evolution"
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Wow someone took a picture of RD at his desk on page 10 of that thread.

The big question: Does RD really own a white dress shirt?

Would post a link but using my phone and spelling is difficult enough, forget about linking to the pic.

Mick, any chance you can do that?