Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Chef Boi RD »

is Lucic the slowest player in the league? The speed on the wings for the Flames is disastrous with the Turtle and the Looch on the same team. Who wins that race?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

This trade never gets made if Ferland signs with Calgary.

I think both Lucic and Neal will have a decent year, rebounding if you will. Let’s see if it carries through for the duration of the contracts.
The only HW the Canucks need
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Ken Wiebe
@WiebeSunSports
Landed back in Winnipeg this afternoon to see Winkler product Eric Fehr has signed a one-year deal with Geneva-Servette in Switzerland. Fehr, 33, had 7 G, 15 P in 72 GP with #mnwild last season and has 113 G, 221 P in 652 #NHL GP. He won Stanley Cup with #Pens in 2015-16
12:52 PM · Jul 20, 2019
The league is refining itself. I wonder if Louis Eriksson knows this. :evil:
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Another thing on the Lucic trade, while he agreed to waive his NMC to go to Calgary, Calgary had to agree to abide by his NMC moving forward. In other words he still has a full NMC. He will be required to be protected in the expansion draft however there is plenty of time to convince him to waive it for said draft.
The only HW the Canucks need
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:41 pm Another thing on the Lucic trade, while he agreed to waive his NMC to go to Calgary, Calgary had to agree to abide by his NMC moving forward. In other words he still has a full NMC. He will be required to be protected in the expansion draft however there is plenty of time to convince him to waive it for said draft.
I think I'm more worried about Neal regaining his 20 goal per season scoring pace more than I'm worried about what Lucic is going to do on the Flames. If Neal shits the bed in Edmonton and only scores 7 goals like he did in Calgary, then I'm not nearly as concerned. Let's face it, as Doc said, it's basically a garbage for garbage trade. Both are slow, over the hill players. There are some rumblings around that Neal is a locker room cancer - apparently he wasn't too popular with his team mates. Maybe Treliving realized that Neal would never work out in Calgary, so he had no choice but to trade him. The trade does make the Flames a bit tougher, but I still hate it.

As for the expansion draft, I'm sure Treliving has a pretty good idea of what he is going to do with Lucic. Hopefully they don't have to protect him - ie - he waives his NMC before that.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

BCExpat wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:22 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:41 pm Another thing on the Lucic trade, while he agreed to waive his NMC to go to Calgary, Calgary had to agree to abide by his NMC moving forward. In other words he still has a full NMC. He will be required to be protected in the expansion draft however there is plenty of time to convince him to waive it for said draft.
I think I'm more worried about Neal regaining his 20 goal per season scoring pace more than I'm worried about what Lucic is going to do on the Flames. If Neal shits the bed in Edmonton and only scores 7 goals like he did in Calgary, then I'm not nearly as concerned. Let's face it, as Doc said, it's basically a garbage for garbage trade. Both are slow, over the hill players. There are some rumblings around that Neal is a locker room cancer - apparently he wasn't too popular with his team mates. Maybe Treliving realized that Neal would never work out in Calgary, so he had no choice but to trade him. The trade does make the Flames a bit tougher, but I still hate it.

As for the expansion draft, I'm sure Treliving has a pretty good idea of what he is going to do with Lucic. Hopefully they don't have to protect him - ie - he waives his NMC before that.
May as well look at the bright side. You make a great fan for your team. Is your hockey forum calming down some? If the Flames
make a concerted effort to carefully regulate Lucic's usage and ice time through the regular season, (your team is deep enough to do it), then
maybe he'll make a positive difference for you in the playoffs.

"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I was suprised how bad Neal was for the Flames so i think your concerns might be valid. Hes never looked like this as far as Ive seen in his career before.

I would say edm is a better fit with the players in their roster than cal. Gaudreau is speed and shifty change of pace, moneyhands is a shooter like Neal and who know what tkachunk is...rebounds? None of those 3 necessarily compliment his style of game which is a forecheck and turnover, open man in slot type of offence.
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Did Blob quit?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:47 am Did Blob quit?
You scared him off
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:30 am
You scared him off
I think Ron Francis getting the job in Seattle was the last straw
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

He said he'd been real fucking sick. Maybe he had a relapse. These things can happen.
Think I remember someone was a bit of a jerk too but I'm middle aged and often forget shit..

Been known to misspell the occasional word here and there too.

Or so I've heard
Last edited by Mickey107 on Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BCExpat wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:22 am

Yeah I guess there's a chance Neal could find some chemistry with McDink.

I have heard the same in regards to Neal being a cancer.

Heard he demands more icetime than he earns.

Heard he rips into teammates for mistakes while ignoring his own.

Lucic is much more of a team player from where I sit -> for whatever that's worth.

Yeah, Treliving had to get Neal out of there and no doubt he had few options.

I'm also confident Lucic will waive for the X-draft.

He knows Seattle won't take him, and if they do, well it's just one year and close to home.

And like I said, he's a team player.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:10 am
He said he'd been real fucking sick. Maybe he had a relapse. These things can happen.
Think I remember someone was a bit of a jerk too but I'm middle aged and often forget shit..

Been known to misspell the occasional word he and there too.

Or so I've heard
Yeah, from Blob's point of view, anyone who is the least bit positive or optimistic

... is being that way just to piss him off.

micky107 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:47 am May as well look at the bright side.
OMG wot a jerk! :evil: :twisted: :evil:
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Agree Strange, i think Lucic will waive for the Seattle draft knowing Seattle will not take him.

First real sunny weekend in Vancouver all year, Blob is probably sitting on his boat at the lake drinking a few cold ones. Can you drink on a row boat?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Reefer2 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:56 pm Agree Strange, i think Lucic will waive for the Seattle draft knowing Seattle will not take him.

First real sunny weekend in Vancouver all year, Blob is probably sitting on his boat at the lake drinking a few cold ones. Can you drink on a row boat?
Pitt Lake. Paradise.