Offseason grades so far

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rikster
MVP
MVP

Re: Offseason grades so far

Post by rikster »

Nuckertuzzi wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:00 pm
Topper wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:44 pm The idea of accumulating picks assumes there is a law of averages.
And increasing odds of success. It's a strategy/philosophy a lot of rebuilding teams employ.

Our problem was ownership/management wasn't ready to go that route early because they felt playoffs were within reach and too important (back around the time Hamhuis, Vrbata, and possibly others could've/should've been moved). Albeit this is pure speculation on my part since there's no possible way of any of us knowing, but whether that was the case or not, I believe it's a route we should've taken when everybody knew a rebuild had to happen.
So does trading picks for players...

So does signing players in free agency...

So does signing players out of college....

Nothing guarantees success and every move comes with some degree of risk, but in the words of Teddy Roosevelt;

In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the second best is the wrong thing and the worst thing you can do is nothing....

To apply a blanket statement to the Canucks situation and defend it by saying trading picks is a bad idea is complaining for the sake of complaining...

Sorry, its the way I see it ... if you want to go into detail as to why trading away a draft pick today which will be at worst 2 drafts away is a bad idea for the Vancouver Canucks I'm open to a change of opinion...

Take care..
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:12 pm
Topper wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:44 pm The idea of accumulating picks assumes there is a law of averages.
And increasing odds of success. It's a strategy/philosophy a lot of rebuilding teams employ.

Our problem was ownership/management wasn't ready to go that route early because they felt playoffs were within reach and too important (back around the time Hamhuis, Vrbata, and possibly others could've/should've been moved). Albeit this is pure speculation on my part since there's no possible way of any of us knowing, but whether that was the case or not, I believe it's a route we should've taken when everybody knew a rebuild had to happen.
These meat puppets will plug their ears and ignore how good teams have been built for the last 1/2 century.
I see a good team being built here before our very eyes, too bad you and your meat puppet are missing it. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Why is Blob fighting a losing battle? Join us, the Benning Collective. There will be no more pain for you.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Resistance is futile.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Nuckertuzzi wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:53 pm

If you approve of every single move management makes then there's less wrong with me and more with you

Yep.

Hang in there Nuckertuzzi. They will try to cram their opinions down your throat but it’s hilarious to work them over and then watch the attacks come out. There’s zero middle ground. Benning hasn’t made any mistakes since he started here according to the cult. Enjoy the tards- they’re my friends. :thumbs:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

rikster wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:16 pm

Nothing guarantees success and every move comes with some degree of risk, but in the words of Teddy Roosevelt;

In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the second best is the wrong thing and the worst thing you can do is nothing....

To apply a blanket statement to the Canucks situation and defend it by saying trading picks is a bad idea is complaining for the sake of complaining...

Sorry, its the way I see it ... if you want to go into detail as to why trading away a draft pick today which will be at worst 2 drafts away is a bad idea for the Vancouver Canucks I'm open to a change of opinion...

Take care..
Trading high picks for Sutter, Pedan, Vey, Gudbranson etc is stupid. They’ve pissed away seven or eight picks on pieces of shit that are available every year on waivers or UFA.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:23 pm Hang in there Nuckertuzzi. They will try to cram their opinions down your throat

Lmao, Blob is quite sane, it's the rest of the world that's nuts! :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:32 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:23 pm Hang in there Nuckertuzzi. They will try to cram their opinions down your throat

Blob is quite sane
Thanks for agreeing
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:25 pm
rikster wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:16 pm

Take care..
Trading high picks for Sutter, Pedan, Vey, Gudbranson etc is stupid. They’ve pissed away seven or eight picks on pieces of shit that are available every year on waivers or UFA.
Do you even know what they gave away in those trades?

But walk us thru those 7 or 8 picks that they just gave away....

Take care...
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:25 pm They’ve pissed away seven or eight picks on pieces of shit
"Pieces of shit... RAWK" :lol:

____
Try to focus on someday.
Nuckertuzzi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:17 pm I see a good team being built here before our very eyes, too bad you and your meat puppet are missing it. :D

What you're missing is that it is possible to agree with you - a good team is being built here - AND still dislike a certain trade.

You can have both opinions you know.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:23 pm
Nuckertuzzi wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:53 pm

If you approve of every single move management makes then there's less wrong with me and more with you

Yep.

Hang in there Nuckertuzzi. They will try to cram their opinions down your throat but it’s hilarious to work them over and then watch the attacks come out. There’s zero middle ground. Benning hasn’t made any mistakes since he started here according to the cult. Enjoy the tards- they’re my friends. :thumbs:
No cramming. The truth is the truth, it is whole, natural. It is acceptance. Like seeing the light. We are just shining it in the direction of the dark who live in the shadows. Join us and be one with Benning.
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

rikster wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:35 pm Do you even know what they gave away in those trades?

Take care...
I can’t be bothered. I’ve mentioned it before and google is your friend. Three 2nds and a 3rd right off the hop not to mention what they could have gotten in picks for Bonino. They acquired crap for picks and that type of crap is available on waivers and in UFA and doesn’t cost picks
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Nuckertuzzi wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:35 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:17 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:12 pm These meat puppets will plug their ears and ignore how good teams have been built for the last 1/2 century.
I see a good team being built here before our very eyes, too bad you and your meat puppet are missing it. :D
What you're missing is that it is possible to agree with you - a good team is being built here - AND still dislike a certain trade.

You can have both opinions you know.
I wasn't talking about a certain trade, I responding to the blob (in red) implying you can't build a good team if you give up a few picks.

I really don't care what you think about the Miller trade, hate it if you like brother!

*offers Nuckertuzzi a delicious glass of punch* :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:41 pm
rikster wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:35 pm Do you even know what they gave away in those trades?

Take care...
I can’t be bothered.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.