Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Mickey107 »

Hurricanes sign F Dzingel to two-year deal..

https://www.tsn.ca/carolina-hurricanes- ... -1.1336380

Signed for two years at 6.75 million total. $3.38 million AAV
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

New Jersey Devils
@NJDevils
The New Jersey Devils signed @jackhughes43 to the maximum three-year, entry-level contract for salary ($925,000 AAV) and performance bonuses.
6:00 AM - Jul 12, 2019.

The big walk..

https://twitter.com/NJDevils/status/114 ... 1%3Fs%3D21
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Could just as easy throw this up in Da Leaves, but this is where it's supposed to be; haha.
Does Tuna romp to other threads ??????

Columbus wants to offer sheet Marner

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1797082
"evolution"
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

micky107 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:28 pm .
Could just as easy throw this up in Da Leaves, but this is where it's supposed to be; haha.
Does Tuna romp to other threads ??????

Columbus wants to offer sheet Marner

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1797082
An offer sheet will definitely give all of us something to talk about. :mrgreen:
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Dzingle signed for a couple million less than most figured! That's a cheap contract
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Apparently Mariner only wants a 4-5 year offer but teams contemplating an offer sheet won’t unless it’s the full 7 years. Don’t want to give up all those first for 4-5 years only.

It would be funny if Columbus offered 4 years at 11 M and leaves matched. Imagine in 4 years when they have to resign both Mathews and Mariner in the same year.

Although our turn is coming with these big deals so I’ll just slink away.....
The only HW the Canucks need
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:31 pm
Although our turn is coming with these big deals so I’ll just slink away.....
Definition of slink
intransitive verb

1 : to go or move stealthily or furtively (as in fear or shame)
2 : to move in a sinuous provocative manner
.........?

"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Da Beauty League;

https://www.dabeautyleague.com/

A competitive roster to be sure. I was surprised to see the full lineup. I do not have any issues with this as a summer
activity. Minnesota hockey rocks! Amazing.
This beats weight rooms and road work. Practice what you play and get, hopefully, paid for; what a concept.
Reminiscing back to my days in the cretaceous period, I would have benefited tremendously involving myself in this
form of summer activity as opposed to cars and women>>>>>>>meh, maybe not.
8-)
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:06 pm Not a fan of Laine. A one trick pony. Outside of his shot there is nothing about his game that impresses me
So now the “leadership group” in the Peg has a problem with Patrick Laine. I guess that’s Dustin Byfuglien, Scheifle and Wheeler.

How long before Laine’s gaming console ends up in the shower?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blab, what’s the deal with the 3 Finnish darlings of the 2016 WJC’s - Laine, Puljujarvi and Juolevi? The one who received the least amount of fanfare - Sebastian Aho, is the best of the bunch. The other 3? Flakes.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:28 am Blab, what’s the deal with the 3 Finnish darlings of the 2016 WJC’s - Laine, Puljujarvi and Juolevi? The one who received the least amount of fanfare - Sebastian Aho, is the best of the bunch. The other 3? Flakes.
I mentioned that a little while ago. Three top 5 picks all acting like they are all that and the 2nd rounder is the best of the bunch by far.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:28 am Blab, what’s the deal with the 3 Finnish darlings of the 2016 WJC’s - Laine, Puljujarvi and Juolevi? The one who received the least amount of fanfare - Sebastian Aho, is the best of the bunch. The other 3? Flakes.
Laine sees Aho getting 8.5. You know he won’t settle for anything less and you know his ego is such he really wants a lot more. Laine would be a good get but at this point in his career he is pretty much one dimensional. I put him in the Phil Kessel category. A great complimentary piece but not one to build a Cup around.

The kids a flake, and arrogant, and video addicted. He got some growing up to do. If I’m the Peg I use tha Aho contract as my offer though. But I’d stick to it.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:40 am
Laine sees Aho getting 8.5. You know he won’t settle for anything less and you know his ego is such he really wants a lot more. Laine would be a good get but at this point in his career he is pretty much one dimensional. I put him in the Phil Kessel category. A great complimentary piece but not one to build a Cup around.

The kids a flake, and arrogant, and video addicted. He got some growing up to do. If I’m the Peg I use tha Aho contract as my offer though. But I’d stick to it.
He’s definitely a shooting weapon, but everywhere else he’s a slug. Combine that with his ego, contract demands. I’d be shopping Laine. They could get a good haul for him
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:43 am

He’s definitely a shooting weapon, but everywhere else he’s a slug. Combine that with his ego, contract demands. I’d be shopping Laine. They could get a good haul for him

Ya you know sometimes cutting bait early, if the return is there, is the best solution. Not many teams have the cap to take him but many would make room. Send him to the Rangers.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:46 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:43 am

Ya you know sometimes cutting bait early, if the return is there, is the best solution. Not many teams have the cap to take him but many would make room. Send him to the Rangers.
They have some decent prospects - Chytil, Andersen, Kravtsov. You’re not getting Kakko. But NYR is a fit