2019 offseason

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Rocky Dennis
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: 2019 offseason

Post by Rocky Dennis »

Strangelove wrote: Nah, no room for Goldie and personally his value is as good now as it'll ever be.
I concur.
Strangelove wrote: He's tradeable now in my opinion, but if we play him and he fails he may become untradeable.
Although I agree his value has peaked, I think he is already at this point. I'll be surprised if Jim can get anything for him, partly because he is vastly overrated by this fan base and partly because I can't see a GM giving Jim anything for a piece that there's no room for on the Canucks roster. They can pick him up on waivers in October if they feel so inclined.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Benning said he’d like to move one or two players this summer. I bet one is Eriksson and two is Schaller.
I doubt Sutter moves as they’ll want centre depth. If Goldobin signs he’ll be in Utica as injury call-up depth, which is fine.
I kind of think he will head overseas. I would if I were him.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Rocky Dennis wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:55 pm Although I agree his value has peaked, I think he is already at this point. I'll be surprised if Jim can get anything for him, partly because he is vastly overrated by this fan base and partly because I can't see a GM giving Jim anything for a piece that there's no room for on the Canucks roster. They can pick him up on waivers in October if they feel so inclined.
You might be right, but I kinda think the occasional flashes of offensive brilliance of a still-young former 1st rounder

... might interest a GM?

Jimmy could convince 'em Coach Green just didn't like him. :mrgreen:

Okay, maybe not.

I'm good with Goldie walking the plank for nothing, but I like to believe we could get something small for him.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cherry Picker wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:55 pm If Goldobin signs he’ll be in Utica as injury call-up depth, which is fine.
I agree, I think if Goldie isn't on an NHL roster by the Fall, he'll fly the coup back to the Motherland.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

I don't think Goldy will be checking out his new Russian city behind the wheel of an Audi.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I don’t think Goldobin clears waivers. If we sign him it will be on the cheap and his occasional offensive flashes will make him an enticing reclamation project for someone. If he doesn’t fit on the team in Benning, or Green’s eyes, I’d rather they move him for something.
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cherry Picker wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:55 pm Benning said he’d like to move one or two players this summer. I bet one is Eriksson and two is Schaller.
I doubt Sutter moves as they’ll want centre depth. If Goldobin signs he’ll be in Utica as injury call-up depth, which is fine.
Yeah it seems to me that keeping Sutter around is the best route to go. Hope he has a healthy year and a good season. Look to move him next TDL or off season. It will be easier to move him then with 1 year left on his contract
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

RoyalDude wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:04 am
Cherry Picker wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:55 pm Benning said he’d like to move one or two players this summer. I bet one is Eriksson and two is Schaller.
Yeah it seems to me that keeping Sutter around is the best route to go. Hope he has a healthy year and a good season. Look to move him next TDL or off season. It will be easier to move him then with 1 year left on his contract
... and if he can show an (major) injury free season.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:36 pm I don’t think Goldobin clears waivers. If we sign him it will be on the cheap and his occasional offensive flashes will make him an enticing reclamation project for someone. If he doesn’t fit on the team in Benning, or Green’s eyes, I’d rather they move him for something.
I don't think there would be much of a market for him. Every teams has players of his calibre looking to crack an NHL lineup. He'll be available for the cost of a fax in a couple months.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:05 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:36 pm I don’t think Goldobin clears waivers. If we sign him it will be on the cheap and his occasional offensive flashes will make him an enticing reclamation project for someone. If he doesn’t fit on the team in Benning, or Green’s eyes, I’d rather they move him for something.
I don't think there would be much of a market for him. Every teams has players of his calibre looking to crack an NHL lineup. He'll be available for the cost of a fax in a couple months.
My point exactly. I don’t think he clears waivers.
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I haven’t been this jacked about the Canucks future since the Burke/Nonis days. It’s a good time to be a Canuck fan, once again!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

http://www.hlinkagretzky.com/en-ca/stat ... teamid=306

I was just looking thru the highlights of this Hlinka Gretzky Cup and I found a player I will keep my eye on.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... pid=210630
"evolution"
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:05 am
Leivo and Motte still have to beat out Goldobin in training camp. Any one of those 3 could be trade/waiver bait. If all 3 show well in training camp, Benning might simply trade the one that he gets the highest offer for. All 3 have kinda different roles, but all 3 are also spare parts/depth guys. It will be interesting to see what strides any of these 3 have made over summer.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

May as well offer up some summer laughs. If ya aint got nothin to do and your bored, shit like this will either help or enrage.. :bounce:

https://www.thetoptens.com/most-hated-nhl-teams/

Just lay back, have a beer, (preferably with some one>>>Image>>> and enjoy the read...
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Yes, it is real! I can't quite make it look like the actual one!!! but did the best I could.. :blush:

Elias Pettersson
@_EPettersson
I’ve been playing EA NHL since I was a kid. I’m so honored and excited to represent Sweden as the #NHL20 cover athlete 🇸🇪 #EAathlete

10:13 AM - Aug 7, 2019
"evolution"