Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Hockey Widow »

RoyalDude wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:07 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:04 am
RoyalDude wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:06 pm Should I stop pointing out Gillis’ major fuck ups (so many) or should I stay the course?

Jim’s got this!
Blobbee doesn’t think so
Blob says when he thinks Benning has done good. He’s been quit supportive of this off season. He says when he thinks Benning has done good and is vocal when he thinks he’s shit the bed. He may not have full confidence in Benning but he’s willing to imagine scenarios where Benning may get a new contract, which he’d support.

It’s all in how it turns out.

But let’s put Gillis to bed for the sake of CC sanity. You don’t win an argument in a debate about today by harping on yesterday, particularly when yesterday is getting more and more irrelevant. You don’t win points in supporting Benning when part of that argument is, ya but Gillis sucked. Apples oranges.

But carry on. It’s just the shtick is not fun anymore.lets all save if for our mutual Ericksson disgust :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:07 am
RoyalDude wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:07 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:04 am
RoyalDude wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:06 pm Should I stop pointing out Gillis’ major fuck ups (so many) or should I stay the course?

Jim’s got this!
Blobbee doesn’t think so
Blob says when he thinks Benning has done good. He’s been quit supportive of this off season. He says when he thinks Benning has done good and is vocal when he thinks he’s shit the bed. He may not have full confidence in Benning but he’s willing to imagine scenarios where Benning may get a new contract, which he’d support.

It’s all in how it turns out.

But let’s put Gillis to bed for the sake of CC sanity. You don’t win an argument in a debate about today by harping on yesterday, particularly when yesterday is getting more and more irrelevant. You don’t win points in supporting Benning when part of that argument is, ya but Gillis sucked. Apples oranges.

But carry on. It’s just the shtick is not fun anymore.lets all save if for our mutual Ericksson disgust :mrgreen:
A leopard cannot change their spots.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:07 am

Image..Hallelujah !
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Here's another Loui Eriksson trade ideal to the Sens.

LE straight up for Clarke MacArthur who Melynk is paying $4.65M for nothing, as he's on LTIR for another year.

Whereas he can pay Eriksson $3M per to actually play for his team, Canucks just have to add a B-prospect or something of that nature.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:51 pm Here's another Loui Eriksson trade ideal to the Sens.

LE straight up for Clarke MacArthur who Melynk is paying $4.65M for nothing, as he's on LTIR for another year.

Whereas he can pay Eriksson $3M per to actually play for his team, Canucks just have to add a B-prospect or something of that nature.
Actually Melynk is only paying 20% of $4.65M to MacArthur.

He's also only paying 20% of Gaborik's salary.

Insurance pays 80% of those contracts.

So yeah, Ottawa wants to keep those.

But there's a deal to be made around other Ottawa players for Loui I think.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:51 pm Here's another Loui Eriksson trade ideal to the Sens.

If he’s on LTIR Melnyk isn’t paying him anything. Insurance is covering it.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:28 pm

Sure..., Bobby Ryan :mad:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:29 pm If he’s on LTIR Melnyk isn’t paying him anything. Insurance is covering it.
Well it's not as cut + dried as that.

Some LTIR contracts are not insured at all (see Horton: Leaves).

We don't find out the details on all the LTIR contracts all the time

... but we do know about Horton, Gabby and MacArthur.

Melnyk does pay those last two something... exactly 20%.

Insurance pays the other 80%...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:44 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:28 pm

Sure..., Bobby Ryan :mad:
Sens have other contracts they would like to move out.

Most notably the one belonging to Mike Condon.

Condon will get $3M (real dollars) to play in the AHL next season.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Just because the leaves tosses a first in to ensure a good anal cleansing doesn't mean we have to give up more as well.

Erickson for a 7th.

They get a 3million dollar player who brings them up to cap floor, good defensively, And can PK. Potentially gets back to 20 goals with a change of scenery an deployment.

Shit, what if Loui actually does get 15 goals and we only get a 7th. People will say we got smokeholed.

We give loui and a prospect like Lind (or something) for a 7th - and Loui gets 8 goals, and we have been anal throttled with a fencepost.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

ohh thanks for the insurance info!
Madcombinepilot wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:02 pm

Just because the leaves tosses a first in to ensure a good anal cleansing doesn't mean we have to give up more as well.

Erickson for a 7th.

They get a 3million dollar player who brings them up to cap floor, good defensively, And can PK. Potentially gets back to 20 goals with a change of scenery an deployment.

Shit, what if Loui actually does get 15 goals and we only get a 7th. People will say we got smokeholed.

We give loui and a prospect like Lind (or something) for a 7th - and Loui gets 8 goals, and we have been anal throttled with a fencepost.
Man I don't care if Eriksson scores 30 goals with the Sens, he ain't getting that here with Travis Green/Newell Brown as coaches, coaches are stubborn, once they made their mind on a player on how they are gonna deploy him, that's pretty much it and they basically view Eriksson as a sound 3rd line checker/penalty killer.

Canucks probably take back Condon & maybe MacArthur (LTIR) just so the Sens can rinse their hands of these contracts, while Ottawa gets back a serviceable player at a reasonable salary, with a higher cap hit.

https://canucksarmy.com/2019/07/13/31-t ... i-eriksson
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The coaches aren’t stubborn SKYO. The guy has been given ample opportunities in the top 6 and has been a garbage fire. He’s lazy, unprofessional and a drain on the organization.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

And mopey.
"evolution"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

micky107 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:36 amAnd mopey.
I wish I could be "mopey"...

Like not just in that 'quiet, twiddling my fingers and playing with myself' kinda way, but more that 'Eeyore: woe is me, the sky is always cloudy, wind in my face and it's snowing' kinda way... you know, like Blob :lol: ;)
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:24 am
micky107 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:36 amAnd mopey.
I wish I could be "mopey"...

Like not just in that 'quiet, twiddling my fingers and playing with myself' kinda way, but more that 'Eeyore: woe is me, the sky is always cloudy, wind in my face and it's snowing' kinda way... you know, like Blob :lol: ;)
If Benning wins the cup for us, Blob will still mope. Why? Benning didn’t draft the Turtle
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau